Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $300 FFA Cup!

from the game

(60:53 / All) L1ghtweight: you think i dunno you got a hug ebanK?

Obviously LW knew how rich Duck was, but couldn't do anything about it because he was being 2v1'd to death.

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

lol, wasn't that long after he had been teamed? He would have said that either way because it was manip to get seksi to think Duck was stronger. Hell, he didn't even necessarily know that. And if he did know that earlier, why wouldn't he tell Seksi that much earlier before he and Seksi dug their own graves?

I knew Duck had hoarded gold although not as much as he did. It was the finals after 160+ players down to 4 and I had yet to see Smeley play. He also was at rank 3 on the bot ladder so we overestimated his skill. To his credit, it was like a rediculous time for him to play (4 AM or later) after being up all day. Duck had a really easy time with him and had it been LW or I we would've had the same advantage. Duck was able to mass a ton of gold while never facing a real challenge of a fight on his end.

LW and I went at it and crippled each other. The time when we should have peaced and checked out the undead (once it was 3 way) was missed and then LW took out my only expansion. At this point he had to be thinking he would beat Duck in 1v1 without my help. Since he had a DR 6+ and a mana fountain, orc on Deathrose is very strong I understand this thinking. My thinking was that LW had to be teamed down some (i put duck at maybe 7-8k gold instead of 13-15k) and then if I had a chance would be to then go at Duck. It was my mistake to not stop before LW lost his heroes which obviously was not smart. It wasn't a very good game by any standards, you can pick pieces out that were good but overall it was poor. But you must delve deeper into the strategy then what some did who don't know much about FFA and made rash judgements.

Now with that in the past, there have been many much better FFA games and more to come. Each sunday there are mini tournaments, FML season 17 is starting soon with probably the most skilled cast yet, and the bot ladder continues to run with immense support, daily updates and improvements.

Post New Reply

Thread Information