Post New Thread

Thread: Would this ruin my ELL/ability to rank?

1000 Point Level

Would this ruin my ELL/ability to rank?

Let's say I start an account off around 30-0. 15-0 solo, 15-0 team, which is pretty realistic if you play like a try-hard. At this point, you'll be finding almost no games.

Then you throw a bunch of games to get a lot of losses and find faster, and you're somewhere around 30-15 solo. Would such a drastic cut in your production (from 15-0 to losing a lot, 30-15) destroy your ELL/ranking? Even as far as losing 15 in a row then winning the next 15. Or does it not matter at all how you "lossbot" and who you lose vs?

It's kind of like asking how when you start 0-15 and win like 60 in a row, you gain almost NOTHING in levels (you'll be like lvl 10) because of that bad start, even though your record is back up to a great 60-15. But it's the opposite, starting hot then fizzling off. Would it be the same deal and cripple your EXP gains? Still don't understand how the ELL works in this instance and I'd like to rank + find games.

Lose first then mass wins is the only way.
    There are not enough high ell people playing today to lossbot against.

1000 Point Level

So if you start off really well you're screwed? I'm confused. At least if you start off like 0-10, you'll never level again even if you end up 60-10.

2000 Point Level Kodos_Forsaken's Avatar

it matters for ell who you beat and who you lose too.

the reason you can go 0-10 then 40-0 pretty easily is cause you're beating players with such poverty ell that it almost adds nothing to your ell, so you can get away with it for a while

win streaks and loss steaks also factor in.

also you could have two 10-0 smurfs but one could have a decent amount higher ell than the other account if lets say the one account beat players who were higher on the load screen each game (whos ever higher on the load screen has higher ell). so those wins vs higher ell players would would boost its ell more.

solo stats can be deceiving sometimes i have a couple accounts that are like 65-40 looks like a shit record and it is but the accounts ell is probably around 10-0 11-0 ell.
    Last edited by Kodos_Forsaken; 11-25-2013 at 02:50 AM.

2000 Point Level Kodos_Forsaken's Avatar

but if you want to level in solo just play normally and loss bot games you dont feel like playing.

dumb matchups, maps you dont like ect.

1000 Point Level

So beating higher people gives your more (we'll call it "ELL points") but conversely is it also true that losing to lower people (on the screen) drain more? If so it'd pretty much be a wash, and you should only freelose games you don't wanna play, like you said. Thanks for the tip.

Post New Reply

Thread Information