Post New Thread

Thread: Strife

300 Point Level

Strife

got beta key n e 1 else?

I remember playing that game when I was 5 year old.

He who hesitates, masturbates.

300 Point Level

oh no there is a new one, S2 released a moba called Strife now with a couple of differences to the standard Moba, it looks kinda kiddy and I don't know what to think about it but its pretty okay.

Got a invite for some weekend play test on feb 28. Not sure if I am gonna try it out or not.

300 Point Level

its worth a game or two, just to see the system they implemented in it, I recommend just checkin g it out. The games last like 20 min so if you have that amount of time then try it out. Be prepared to play a short tutorial first so around 45 min for both tutorial and 1 game.

I've heard of the game but have never played it and know nothing about it. What does it do different from HoN / DotA 2 / LoL? Does it port heroes from any of those other MOBAs, or are they all new? What about items? The official Strife website says none of these things, strangely.

300 Point Level

It should, so should any trailer videos. Basically its a standalone game from all the others with exceptions to the standard moba genre. There are for example not as many heroes currently compared to hon or lol or even dota. The map is smaller with only 2 turrets an inhib posing as a turret as well and a base building posing as a final turret unless all the inhibs are brought down. Laning differs in the way that two people in the same lane share all gold/exp earned. If you kill a monster your friend gets the same amount of gold and exp with no cost. You get same amount of exp or gold whether or not you are single laner or double. The game features also a *baron* pit, a neutral monster, which upon killing grants you a large creature spawning on one of your lanes which then walks down the lane attacking turrets + enemies and disapears only upon death. While doing damage this creature damages itself meaning it has a limited life time.

Champs are unique to the game, they don't vary much from any other champ types. You know qwer. But where league of legends has masteries and runes this game offers various hero pets which grant additional bonuses such as health regen, mana regen, counter attacks, boosted magic damage etc. These pets are leveled up with rewards gotten from games (win or loss).

The items are also interesting as the game offers you the ability to create your own items. There are basic items which you can link together in recepies you make yourself to create individually tuned items. So if you think your hero isn't getting enough attack speed from the premade items you can jump into the item creator and make your very own attack speed items. Ranging from low in cost to massively costly depending on where in the game you find it necessary.

All heroes are free to play from the very beginig like in hon. There are visual changes and skins that you can buy for money. There is also a new matchmaking system being currently released. If someone wants some 28th feb- second of march beta keys I have two lying around. Send me a pm or write in this thread if you want them, first come first serve.

Post New Reply

Thread Information