Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jobs: Experience needed.

Temp/staffing agency. Bonus is that the staffing agency takes a cut of your "pay", so they typically will negotiate a higher wage than you would be offered yourself.

Staff Director
    Venti Double Double

The job market is rough, especially now. And if you put in the money to get an education, it's a big loss if you can't get a job in your field. That's a ton of money and time that is invested that isn't really giving you anything back.

Its called embellishment (lying). If the job demands 5 years experience along with some technical skills, and you have those technical skills and can probably do the job better than anyone doing that job right now, but you only have 6 months experience, guess what you should do?

Seriously, I maintain a "real" resume for my own benefit that has all the right information. Then I maintain a variety of embellished resumes tailored for specific job posts in order to break the automated gatekeepers.

Hiring managers never have to ask me a stupid question regarding employment gaps in my resume. You know why? Because they aint inthe resume they are holding in their hands! And thats all they need to know, because giving them the truth about my previous employers unable to keep me doesnt help me and it wont help their business.
    Being unemployed sucks, and remaining unemployed because you want to play by the stupid rules made up by Corporation Incorporated doesn't help anyone. The fact that you have given this much consideration reassures me that you can do your target job better than the current slugs in position. Da end justifies the means Mon.

EG:
    Them:
    Programmer needed: 5 years+ required, need to know .NET.

Me:
    Borrow a book from the library about .NET. Read. Practice. Talk to my .NET buddies. Set them up as referrals. Pass off years of working a computer at my other job along with rigging hotkeys in SCII as 5 years of programming experience. Not the truth, but not really lying either.

This is not a work of fiction by the way.

protip: learn how to use a computer. I watch complete imbeciles march into 80K jobs because they correctly spelled SQL in an interview.
    Last edited by hamsterofdark; 06-06-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Post New Reply

Thread Information