Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SystemShark Passed Away on June 24, 2014

SystemShark Passed Away on June 24, 2014

Hi, this is SystemShark's "DiNGo Babe".

I wanted to let everyone know he passed away yesterday, June 24, 2014. He was told his cancer was back 3 weeks ago and unfortunately it came back more aggressively than we could have imagined. This was entirely unexpected after the great report he just got in April 2014.

SystemShark and I were together almost 13 years and friends prior to that. I remember when WC3 first came out and he bought the collectors edition. We would rotate playing Tower-Ds and 1v1's on his computer all day and night. The race pictures from the collectors edition were framed and hung down the stairs at all our apartments where most people hang pictures of their families.

I remember when he got his job as an audio commentator and how unbelievably excited he was. I previewed his commentaries, helped him with his tracking and statistics, and listened to his ideas for this website. He loved WC3, loved WCReplays, and loved this community. Most of you never got to meet him in person, but he brought the same passion to his day to day life.

- DiNGo

Staff Director
    Venti Double Double

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. This is just rotten news.

He was such a big part of the community and he seemed to be doing much better the last few times he posted. I was hoping that he had turned a corner. There's probably nothing we can really do but if there's anything you can think of, just say so.

Bullet Tooth Tony

Pillar of WCReplays, and one of the best audio commentators around his audio's were loved by many. He helped me out when I was starting to shoutcast too, such sad news

Holy shit. Pancreatic cancer right? That is terrible.

Holy shit. I am so sorry. You two clearly had something beautiful and I am glad that WCReplays and Warcraft 3 were so great for both of you. My condolences.

He was widely regarded as a great guy around here. I am sure there are people in member chat who were also close to him. However, I wouldn't say it is our place to let them know.

Ugh, awful news. I echo the sentiments of everyone above. Today is a sad day.

He had two types of cancer. The first one he got was a pancreatic cancer... he did not have any signs of that one anymore. The second one he got was a glioblastoma brain cancer, which is the one that he passed away from.

Can someone move this thread to member chat for me? I was not sure where to post, but I think that he would have liked the larger community to be aware.

- DiNGo

Sorry to hear, I never really got to know him but his influence was still felt.

Damn he was a real good guy, sorry to hear.
    "i laugh everytime anyone from vvv or ppl think no one in vvv is cheating somehow. i kno they are cheating somehow because i can gaurantee there is no way some of there players win so much all of a sudden. they will keep doing it tho because without cheating vvv wouldn't win close to as many matches as they have been. btw anyone who is in vvv that knows about the cheating going on is a cheater as well for allowing it to go on."

wow. very sorry to hear that. my condolences to you and his family and everybody that was close to him.

Rest in Peace.

Terrible news.

Using the center command for my signature makes me feel special...

How old was he if you don't mind me asking?
    My condolences, this is really sad news.

He who hesitates, masturbates.

He was 29.

- DiNGo

This is horrible news. May the ground lie lightly upon him!

300 Point Level

How terrible. He was a great guy, and certainly a foundation of WCR. I can't say I knew him well, but as a member of the WCR family his loss is certainly fully felt.

Such a fantastic audio commentator, really enjoyed his commentaries every time they came out. So very sad to hear
    He was a big part of the WCR family.

I know that he loved bees, didn't he? Last post I remember was about how he's cultivating bees.

Rest in peace. Love what you"ve done to the community. Stay strong family and friends.

Sorry to hear that. Hold on tight, I'm sure this must be hard for you.

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through right now and I hope and pray the best for you.

He was an amazing guy. I watched many of his audio commentaries and enjoyed them a lot. So did literally thousands of others. It's crazy to think how many people had so much fun because of the Shark did free of charge. He selflessly put in many, many hours in at this site not only doing audio commentaries, but actively coordinating right up until the last audio commentary. He had a talent for quality control and clearness of commentary. He was also one of the nicest people I've ever encountered on the internet, and that speaks volumes for a game and community that is characterized by widespread antagonizing sarcasm, cynicism, and general impoliteness.

Words can't do justice to how much of a tragedy this is. You'll be missed Shark. Rest in peace.

Awful to hear that - he was a great member of this community, made terrific ACs and generally came a cross as a nice guy. My condolences.

vi spelar something dota hatte dota i hear ya mon

/swedishmastered
    [21:05] <Glewp> roses are red
    [21:05] <Glewp> violets are blue
    [21:05] <Glewp> im a wcr member
    [21:05] <Glewp> so i know kung fu

Post New Reply

Thread Information