Post New Thread

Thread: That Stupid 'Select All Army' Button

That Stupid 'Select All Army' Button

So I started playing HotS again lately, I played a good bit of WoL, but not much HotS yet. Got a quick start into diamond and am probably close to getting masters. At first I notice the select all army button and was like, "lulz who needs that newb shit". Then at some points in the game I found it useful, "omgz I'm all inning anyway use the newb button to ensure I send everythingz." Eventually it became a convenience early game, "I don't have many units anyway I'll just use this button to save myself to early game hotkeys."

Now I use the damn button all game every game and I hate it! I lose scouting lings, I lose lings holding the towers, I bring all my overseers to one place, I mess up my run-bys, I lose good position, it's terrible! I want to disable the button and get back into my WoL patterns, the button has done more damage to me than it's gained, but I find myself accidentally hitting it out of habit and screwing up my units position. Is there an options somewhere to delete it? Any tips on weaning myself off of ever using it? Maybe just try to slowly train myself to stop using it, and being very cognizant of when I do use it. I don't think there is any good use for this button, it's too much of a slippery slope, I'd much rather it weren't there.

Anybody else feel this way?

Can you not just change the hotkey to something you'll never press?

Haha, didn't even know it had a hotkey, I hit the big button in the corner.

I had the same sort of problem for a little while there, you just have to mentally remind yourself to box select your stuff and use control groups. There isn't really any sort of rehab group for using the f2 key, so it's more of reminding yourself not to do it. Even if you fuck up and press it every once in a while as long as you are noticing that it is a mistake and actively trying to not do it anymore it shouldn't really be that much of a problem.
    "The ordinary mind will see in his plight an example of the fickleness of fortune, but to the wise it will seem rather an example of reckless ambition. Because of this he was not content to be first and greatest among many millions; simply from the fact that two men were judged superior to him, he concluded that he had nothing at all."

It can be a bad thing but Korean progamers have occasionally used that in their games.

Hehe, what a first world problem. But yeah, I had the same issue when i played sc2 \ zerg. I find it hard to believe it's that hard to get off the habit if you actually physically click the button though..

physically remove the f2 key so you don't use it

Post New Reply

Thread Information