Post New Thread

Thread: Awesome New Footage of Bruce Lee sparring

Awesome New Footage of Bruce Lee sparring

And also in color, and much better quality than the one i've seen.

THe kick is so awesome, along with the takedown. HOWEVER< in a real fight, i doubt he would have taken a chance and done that kick. It's too risky kicking that high and from that position. This is also why sparring with gloves on ISN'T a real fight, or a good representation of one. Yes, it has benefits that you can't get from training alone and shadow boxing etc, but there's no substitute for a real fight, along with the mentality involved

Now you may say this might not deserve a thread, but i beg to differ. It's been a while, and every forum needs a Bruce Lee thread every once in a while(i ripped this from reddit, which also has a thread with 1300+ comments, heh)
    "I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me, They'd think that I'd finally, lost it completely. I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life.. they'd shut me away, But I'll be all right.."
    Anime/Manga List | WCR Otaku Group(Now in Member Chat!) | The Chess Threadâ„¢ | Youtube Channel

300 Point Level

Yeah, when I watched it I felt the same way "that was awesome, but in an MMA fight he just got countered/taken down/whatever." I would have loved to watch Bruce fight MMA. I don't think he would have never lost, but his blinding speed and power, mixed with his excellent precision and insane athleticism would have been amazing. I don't know what his history with ground work was, but I imagine being the martial artist that he was he would have been pretty open to really learning and perfecting the popular styles we see in MMA today.

Yeah I don't think he would've gotten "KILLED" in MMA.. there's no telling what he could accomplish if he learned all aspects of modern day MMA like JiuJitsu, muay thai, etc. would be cool to see him fighting in the 135-145lb divisions

He has IMPRESSIVE technique.

Post New Reply

Thread Information