Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Grindy maybe, but not JPRG levels of grindy.

FF7 is only grindy if you are going for full completion. It's entirely possible to complete the main story just running straight through the game and just fighting the random battles that come up as you're running. Fighting the Weapons is a different story, it's near impossible to beat them if you don't have ultimate weapons, ultimate limit breaks, and maxed out materia.

FF7 Advent Children was good for fans. I liked it, but let's be honest, as a stand-alone movie, it completely sucks. Very little story and character development. Some of the action scenes were cool, but other action scenes were extremely corny...like the scene where Cloud was launched toward Bahamut by the other characters...makes me slightly cringe thinking about it.
    Last edited by GlaiVe_MasTeR; 06-26-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Some gameplay footage

It looks like Kingdom Hearts on steroids. I guess this is a good thing? I don't own any consoles, so it doesn't really effect me.

not entirely sure about the battle mechanics.

Also, graphics isn't actually at the top of my list of things which i care about.

So i'm pretty meh on the situation, if anything, just replay the original for nostalgia purposes.
    Would like to have seen simply FFVII-2 instead, with the same style of materia mechanics (just loved the way support materia worked in general)
    nerf enemy skill materia :P

I'm glad that they are changing the gameplay of FF7 and not straight up just making everything shiny with a lot of shaders. That actually will gives us MORE replay value out of it.

Hope it comes out for PC.

^this, would definitely have preferred a sequel or something with the same mechanics
    I know i said i wouldn't respond since i know your game of drowning in walls of text and ignoring facts, so i'll keep this short and sweet so it's obvious for everyone to see and so that there's no confusion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Myers
    After notice this terrible actor was choosen play Sabretooth choose the worst charac.

I actually didn't care at all about the remake until I saw that the combat was going to change. I can't do turn-based combat anymore. Fuck, now I want a PS3 even more.

ff franchise is overrated. Yes i said it

I'm pretty fucking stoked about it. This might be enough to make me buy a PS4.

Post New Reply

Thread Information