WCReplays.com Community Forums

Go Back   WCReplays.com Community Forums > Warcraft Forums > Warcraft III Strategy

Unread 07-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
lhehehel
25 Point Level

Question how do you tower rush an elf when..

when its glaive throwers come out at tier 1 and demos come out at tier2 ? Are there any maps that are easier to tower rush? I played one elf at twisted meadows, and He was lv4 when I finished my first tower beside his base, and when I tower rushed him, he popped up glavie throwers immediately.

Any tower rush build order suggestions?

this is what I went:
5 peons, 1 go altar, 1 burrow, build one peon and go mine,
get another peon build barrack, build another burrow,
then send another peon from base to explore.
keep getting peons till 16/20,build a grunt, build warmill, 3 grunts, and ready to go. I only have one barrack, by the way.

Thanks in advance!
lhehehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 02:42 AM   #2
NJL52
200 Point Level

uhmm. personally i think tower rush is bm and kinda nubish to do cuz if u know how to do it its pretty much unstoppable for elves. but if you go gruntapult and offensive tower then i guess its kinda okay. get to tier 2 and get demos along with like 6/7 grunts. attack their base and build towers just outside.
NJL52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:33 AM   #3
Delfius
300 Point Level

Yes, you'll want to have 2-4 demolishers before you start towering. But I guess then it's no longer called a "rush".
Delfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
Raven.Icon
1000 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayler
uhmm. personally i think tower rush is bm and kinda nubish to do cuz if u know how to do it its pretty much unstoppable for elves. but if you go gruntapult and offensive tower then i guess its kinda okay. get to tier 2 and get demos along with like 6/7 grunts. attack their base and build towers just outside.

a good elf can still stop u. No tower rush is garuentee win. its a risk move. So dont call it newbie, when its a skill to be learned and practiced when opportunity presents itself. it took me a while to learn tower rush at high levels of play. Cuz usually ur outmanned by opponent. Also most races have some kinda base d. NE= moonwells=hp/mana +wisp dispell, buildings can attack. Orc has burrows, Ud has towers and blight, hu has arcane tower+militia.
Raven.Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
Raven.Icon
1000 Point Level

hehee,

u got to hit them where they must produce units, cuz if they only produce glaive they have no unit to fight back w/. glaive w/ no meat= gg

So best time to hit is early game, where opponent only has 2 or 3 units max. Also u need a special bo for early game tower rush w/ grunts. I go rax, burrow, burrow, alter-hero tavern(merc hero). Then once i can get up a tower, then i'll bulid a shop and a 2nd rax at his town to push him while i try to tech tier 2 for demos in case, towers dont take the town. U can still contain him to his town and u can even pick up additional exp by hit and running and also keeping his town crappy by not letting him bulid.

Also they gonna counter w/ glaive, but u have to counter by taking it out. U cant just expect to win, cuz ur towers are up. Also archers at early game suck when they only have like 2 or 3 archers. Only in mass or that magic number do archers become a major threat. Hunts require a woodmill on top of rax, so they r delayed a little, which can help u match enemy units w/ ur grunts, while ur towers are going up.
Unread 07-10-2004, 02:04 PM   #6
lhehehel
25 Point Level

ok, thanks Raven and Delfius! But if you want to hit an elf early without him producing many units, how many grunts do you go with, cause grunts usually come out slower than archers or huntresses? (especailly orc can only build one barrack at early game whereas an elf can build two aows)
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
Raven.Icon
1000 Point Level

I rush w/ 2 grunts, 3-4 peons. Hit at first night w/ tavern hero beastmaster quilla beast spamming. U can have 3 quilla beast out when u hit his town.
Summon one, the minute u get ur hero out, then summon one more on the way there, summon again at his base once timmer cools down. Which should be about 3 sec after u hit his base. The minute ur 1st peon builds a tower, have him build a shop, rest build toweres, then build rax right next to ur towers.

2 grunts+beatmaster+3 quilla beast+4 towers going up+ more grunts rallied to ur hero= fast tower rush w/ late alter. This is especially effective vs elf. I wouldnt try it vs hu.

If he is fighting back, keep him in his town and keep him from making new buildings and try to take out his moonwells w/ hit and run. If u cant win w/ towers, u can win w/ demos+beserk upgrade+2nd hero. But keep him at his town at all times w/ ur tower seige. And once u get 2 demos+2nd hero= GG.

I never seen anyone get past this part of the game. Only time this has failed me, was when i had a ne player who slippped 2 wisp out and bought alot of time for his secret 2 aow he built at a random location and massed archers in that area and then brought them over right when i took his whole town down. He beat me w/ level 3 hero+10 archers+2 glaive. I thought i had the game, cuz he didnt have shit on him, and i was about to take his town, but he bought enough time to mass, while i stopped making units, cuz i thoguht i won.

This strat works very well unless u get beat at the start and he is able to stop ur towers from going up. This also works vs ud fiend builders, orc its about who ever has the better micro in a mirror match w/ this strat, but best to use it is vs ne going dual aow hunts to archers or going one aow fast tech w/ archers to hunts.
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #8
Raven.Icon
1000 Point Level

zeeman ur gay. tower rush is a legit strat. towers cost something like 170 gold +50 wood per tower. So if u cant beat someone w/ less units then u, then u should lose the game anywyas. Not to mention u have base d + faster time for u to get ur units to battle while my units have to travel to ur town. So if u couldnt fight the towers going up, then thats ur fault. Also u can scout by utilizing ur bildings or having a wsip at ur town entrance.

If i catch a tower rush in progress i can fight it off pretty good. Only time when its a bitch is when someone already set up towers while ur busy creeping or made them at night where view is crappy. But even if towers are already up, u can still fight it off. I've done it plenty of times, even when i got my army raped i was able to fight it off w/ just a hero and later won by setting up a expo he crept early game and seting up a whole new town w/out his knowledge.

But i got to admit, fighting off a tower rush that already has towers up w/out ur knowledge does take intense micro, especially when ur demos cant get to ur back of town w/out being taken down by towers+enemy units.
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:12 PM   #9
lhehehel
25 Point Level

wo, thats very informative, thanks Raven. (^ o ^)b
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:16 PM   #10
BigChoppa
200 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayler
how can a strategy be bad mannered? is winning the best and quicket was possible bad mannered? is my far seer harass bad mannered because i might kill all the hu workers or ud acos, or detonate a load of wisps or keep peons in burrows? is this bad mannered? a strategy is a strategy,
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:17 PM   #11
PerfectDARK
Out of here!

lol yea my ass now tower rush need "skillz and timing" rofl, this is the cheesiest and lamest shit to do any newb in the world can make it specially when they camp at night with 2 demos/grunts and built 3 towers and then suddenly hit u it is =gg cheese thx since Ne army will be(lets say ) equal to the orc towerz will make the difference not micro ,.... only no skillz 0 micro do this but if u r unlucky and the NE player caught u before u come to his base .... gg peons and u lose pretty much the game but hey but then agin get 2 tower and go for more cheese with mass bats rofl, orc is joke so many cheesy shit to do
PerfectDARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:54 PM   #12
Lothies
25 Point Level

Question Tower rushing: żbest orc strat?

well... im an lvl 13 orc player with a record over 50%.... i actually use alot of strats, but last 20-25 games i've mostly been using offensive towering, i dont do it at EARLY EARLY game, i do it when i get FS and TC, 4 grunts and 2 pults, with that, i've won 19/21 games that i've used when offensive towering, i've practiced it so that i've reched the point that it looks like an imba strat , and now my towering can only be stopped discovering it VERY early, if my peons manage to make ONE tower=gg becoz macro and micro and stuff.

So if you think offensive towerinng isnt the best orc strat, please post a better general strat.
Unread 07-10-2004, 05:58 PM   #13
PerfectDARK
Out of here!

yea that was exactly what i was saying in the other thread(how do tower rush a NE), if u are sneaky enough this will win u most of the game ezly with only 1 fight so u can lvl up pretty fast using this ... that is why it is cheezy
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:19 PM   #14
Zythius
300 Point Level

Send a message via MSN to Zythius

Anyone wanna tell me the basics of offensive towering?

I'm a newb :P
Zythius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #15
Lothies
25 Point Level

Well, what i do for offensive towering is: Solid harass, 2 grunt fast tech (FS as hero), while tier 1 is going to 2, i make mill+2-3 burrows, another rax and 2-3 more grunts, when tier 2 finishes, i get TC (its a MUST), i make 2 pults then i get 3 peons from wood, then i make the first 2 towers and vodoo in a place where the other player cant see it (but make them so when you are making the other 3 towers that will be visible to the enemy, the first 2 towers can cover them, but dont forget about tanking too with the grunts/FS/TC and protecting the pults at all costs) make more towers, KEEP MASSING PULTS, DONT MAKE MORE THAN 4-5 GRUNTS, dont let him lead you into his base, just protect the pults while they blow up his base, if he starts getting meat wagons/mortars/glaives/demos KILL THE STRUCTURE THAT MAKES THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN OR THEY WILL KILL YOUR TOWERS, keep the pressure and healing your heroes at the vodoo, at some point the other player will lose all his units due to trying to kill your tower rush, then he wont have almost any structures, obviously he wont kill your pults due to towers/army so GG.

You can also make some raiders to kill the hero or other units if theyr'e doing hit n run
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #16
Raven.Icon
1000 Point Level

Lothies, if ur only winning 50% of ur battles w/ it. Then how is that imbalance. Imbalance means taht u have a greater factor for a win.

Also how are u winning w/ only 4 grunts, u should have more grunts by the time u get ur tc. U should have 6 grunts by the time ur tc is out.
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #17
Raven.Icon
1000 Point Level

Big choppa , i totally agree w/ u. Perfect dark is a total newb. U should go read some of his other posts. Ur gonna die laughing.

Also if towering was so effective, how is it that we use all these diff strats, like windrider strat, 2 grunt tech to taruens, kodo raiders wars vs orc, and etc. when all we should be doing is towering. Cuz according to darks argument, tower= gg. Or is that just gg for newbs like him.

Cuz i have faced many tower rushes, and its not that hard to fight it off, Usually its the newbs who have problems w/ it, cuz they lack the micro or the experience fighting it.
Unread 07-10-2004, 08:11 PM   #18
PerfectDARK
Out of here!

orc players supporting each other......... lol yea according to my argument if the orc player get his towers UP it is over for the Ne base over (gg no more base) and it is very very rare to see a comeback from that point even with expo, and i m talking about lvl 10-20 after patch and btw i have no problem with tower rush cause i always have wisp outside base but if somehow he gets his towers up in my base even showtime would lose and thats what i call IMBA. And raven if u think u r that tough how bout a 1on1 ??? before u start calling others newb .... why do i even bother with this n00bish site full of nerdish 883825782 posts 0 experience n00bs...
Unread 07-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #19
IC.Shadow
Cool Like Magess

Merged two tower rush threads.

PerfectDARK is now on "vacation" for a week. Maybe when he comes back, he can stop pointlessly fighting with everybody?

MMARising.com | News | Articles | Interviews | Rankings
IC.Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 10:07 PM   #20
Andy Wilson
Out of here!

Send a message via AIM to Andy Wilson

uhm he said he just started doing it not that his rec represents his tower rush strat
Andy Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote