Post New Thread

Thread: how many grunts does it take to..

25 Point Level

how many grunts does it take to..

creep a green/yellow spot at tier1? I've seen grubby creeped a yellow spot using a farseer and a grunt by luring the creeps out first..

if u have a farseer that is enough to creep a green. What do u mean yellow?? By yellow do u mean orange?? Yellow is the colour of the gold mine. If u do mean orange, 1 far seer, 2 wolfs, 2 grunts. Even that might not be enough depending on how big that is.

25 Point Level

oh ok, yea I meant orange, thanks

it depends on your micro very good micro like grubby you can do it 2 wolves fs and grunt but the damage will be evenly distributed while if your micro is horrible u'll need 2-4 grunts and you'll still lose a few. The question depends on the player. On average I'd say three to creep it without losing a grunt but 2 if i need to level up quick (If they have Beastmaster with NE, for example)
    [All] TomTonberry: gg
    [All] Noobtube101: Pfft. If breakers really were spell immune your priests wouldn't heal them : (
    ------------------------------------------------

well i dont play orc but i know bh with 2 pigs and like 4/5 archers is enough. with good micro of course tho.

at first i thought he was gonna say, "How many grunts does it take to screw in a lightbulb".

but back on topic. for avg players i would say 3-4 grunts + fs with wolves.

Depends on the creep themselves. What creeps comprise the creep location. Wether its range, melee, mix, if so how many of each. A good trick is to distribute damage by rotating them using micro melee as discussed in one of my articles. Another trick is to lure out the creeps that come out while leaving some of the creeps behind. Then using a surround trap on that unit. U will notice that some creeps wont come out, unless u directly attack them. Usually by using ur fs range attack, u can lure out the weaker or the strongest one and get rid of them first(fs+2 wolfs+1 grunt= surround, if ur not good w/ 4 unit surround, use the land, such as trees to help u trap). U can also use hit and run tactic to beat the creeps(works best on melee creeps).

You can do most with just 2 grunts. Rotate them out, and summon another round of wolves if necessary.

You might end up with red grunts though, so be careful that you'll be able to heal them up before your opponent comes.

Depends on the size of the creeps. Some green's are extremely easy to creep as compared to other green spots. Same goes for orange.

Out of here!

With Farseer's wolves, you'll be fine with 1-2 wolves on most spots. Big orange ones might need 2-3. It's not very hard to do if you want to creep them, but sometimes the damage might be too severe to your grunts that if someone creep jack you you'll instantly lose 1-2 units.

It really depends on the map, and what type of creeps they are, but usually around 2 grunts and FS should take it. But turtle rock, those gold mines are rated orange (i think) and those things are pretty tough with gargantuan turtles. And on twisted meadows, the 2 gnoll purge guys and gnoll master of death aura (i dont know the names) are rated orange and those can be creeped out with just 1 grunts and a hero. It really depends on the map, an orange cree camp can vary from two level three ogres and two level two trolls (turtle rock, outside each base), to two level three trolls, a level 5 ogre, and two level 2 ogres (turtle rock goblin merchants)... sooo i would just make my own judgement depending on the situation.

25 Point Level

I thought this thread got deleted cause I posted in the orc strategy forum. Anyways, thanks for the replies.

25 Point Level

well for those of you think this thread would be How many grunts does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Hmm, I would say zero cause the huntresses are too fast and smash it way before any grunts can reach it XD

err... 0 for green creeps if you got fs
    depending on orange creep siwe it could be 1-5

no the ghouls with unholy aura would eat the lightbulb be4 the huntress will smash it

usually about 2-3 grunts with 1 still coming to replace weak grunts - wolfs help alot tho, remeber to attack with them first

oh and lore them out if you dont think u have enough

None. Grunts are not used for creeping. : P

Post New Reply

Thread Information