Post New Thread

Thread: NEW UD Player

NEW UD Player

I am switching to UD, because I've been playing a lot of them lately, and I used to play NE which was starting to get a little boring (and annoying because I could NEVER beat ghoulgarg) and I like Aboms/destroyers. they are awesome (esp destroyers, air anti caster, and can focus units will with orb, SO SEXY!. i am just askin for some build orders, i know the ghoulgarg one i've been doing, seems to work pretty well. for ghoulgarg, i go:
    crypt zig altar zig shop ghoul till 20 food, tech

for fiends, i need a bo with a shop early plz. thx!
    Oh yeah and I also like nuking heroes with dk/lich, thats always fun.

200 Point Level mylifeyourmovie's Avatar

fiend build with early shop:
    i go
    graveyard, altar, zig, crypt, shop, zig

also gives you a relatively early hero. i think. however that is what i go and the shop is set before hero is up.

kk heres my special fiend build =DD

make crypt and zig at the same time
    make 2 acos
    2nd aco out make altar
    when gold permits make a graveyard
    scout with first ghouls once ur crypt is done and make a ghoul
    make a shop
    upgrade one zig to nerubian tower
    make another zig
    make last ghoul
    and if you did it right, you should have enough resources to make a fiend as soon as ur graveyard is done? =D

o.O i thought fiend build was like crypt graveyard and then some other crap.. rufio sounds like a good bo, can even do ghouls if necessary..

i do crypt zig send that aco to mine make 2 acos... make altar then gv then zigg

Generic fiend build orders always start crypt/graveyard first then zig/altar. Afterwards the order is actually very loose, but it goes roughly like this: ghoul/fiend/zig/shop/hero/fiend/fiend.

Since your crypt has idle time in all fiend build orders you can juggle lots of things around without actually changing the build order, hence giving many seemingly distinct variations which are actually equivalent. Off the top of my head the distinct features of non-equivalent variations are the following: 2 or 3 lumber ghouls before the first fiend (if you go 2 you gotta get a 3rd around when you tech), getting a nerub or not (and whether or not to get it early), and how many fiends to tech at (usually after 3 or 4). These differences are small but once you have a the basic build order you'll find yourself taking a preference for some of the small variations.

For non fast expanding ghoul build orders you want to go Altar/zig/Crypt for harass with solo hero and Crypt/Altar/zig for anything else. Either way you add shop/zig after the 3rd building. Note that even if you aren't going mass ghoul you still start with a ghoul build order (i.e. for ghoul/garg or straight destroyer tech or w/e else that generally doesn't involve tier 1 fiends it is a ghoul build order at heart). The small variations are whether or not you make an acolyte to scout (if not a ghoul or skeleton that is), whether or not you get a nerub and how many ghouls you tech at (typically 5 or 6). Almost always with ghoul build orders you want to tech before you leave to creep.

For fast expanding with ghouls (usually with DL) you basically start as a fiend build order (crypt/grave/zig/altar) but you queue ghouls instead of fiends. Pretty simple really. Fast expanding with fiends doesn't have any special starting build order, you just expand instead of tech.

Okay I hope this gave you a nice overall look at UD build orders without bogging down in the bullet point by bullet point semantics.

Grom's exactly right. First part of the build is fairly rigid and there's not alot of room for mixing it up, (crypt,grave, zig, alter) though I prefer 3 ghouls before the first fiend, more wood earlier, instead of the 3rd ghoul mid tier 2.

My own ghoul build goes: Crypt, Alter (Hero's out a few seconds faster), Zig, Ghoul,Ghoul,Zig, Ghoul, Nerub tower, ghouls till 7 of them, 5 to creep with, 2 for wood, tech. Throw a tomb in early on when facing hu, though I go alter first vs HU. <shrugs
    >
    Found a much more friendly forum than wcreplays. Going to be active/post over there, as there are no snide remarks, no flaming, no trolling. It's unlike any forum I've ever seen. Everyone is friendly to everyone else, and respects each others opinions. It's like breaking up with a snaggy bitch of a GF and finding your perfect match the next day.

here is my Fiend order that pwns NE (for me):
    2 acos, Graveyard, crypt, alter, zig,shop,zig,hero and by the time ure hero gets out u have 2 fiends!!

Post New Reply

Thread Information