Post New Thread

Thread: How are Druids?

25 Point Level

How are Druids?

Hi guys i have not yet played WoW but i plan on trying to play open beta -.-. My first choice was going to be a druid, as they are my favorite unit in wc, favorite char in d2, etc, but after reading about them they seem to not have a certain "uniqueness" (sp) to them. From what i read, the bear is like a warrior and the cat is like a rouge. Are the druids truly a unique class or do they imitate the two that i mentioned? thanks

Druids need some changes before I'd play one. The have the ability to transform into different creatures for different fight styles. There's a cat for a rogue fight style, a bear for a tanking/warrior fight style, and even a form for water.

They can heal, and they have a great entangling roots ability (which is a bitch in PVP). The issue with them though is that in group situations they have an identity crisis. They can try to tank in bear form but they are not nearly as effective as a warrior. In cat form they can add damage but not as well as a mage or rogue. So often they end up being the backup healer if they can get into a party in the first place.

What's nice is that Blizzard realizes these issues and is adding more crowd-control ability to the druid that will make them a better tank. I expect to see other changes as well. Looking forward to them!

I played a druid about 2-3 weeks ago to level 20 and didn't care for them at all. There ok at soloing and such but as said above there a 'minor jack of all trades' which is great at first but it gets quite boring not being able to be as good as the guy next to you.

25 Point Level

yea, thats what i hear, i mean the shape shifting sounds really fun and interesting, but their play style, jack-of-all trades doesnt really fit me, and, as i've read in the forums i think they are incomplete. When I get the game i am going to try being a mage, as in my last mmorpg (ffxi) i was mostly melee. Time to try something new =D.

they are like shams for the allince spet you gota go to dif fourm to do anything

i played a druid for a little bit, i like him. OH noes, im getting hit by 2 creeps at once, heal, moonfire, whack whack, heal moonfire whack whack

Post New Reply

Thread Information