Post New Thread

Thread: What Are The UD Maps?

What Are The UD Maps?

What are the maps that are more to the UDs advantage? I know Plunders is definately not one of em.
    I went on replays.net and went to the UD vs HMN section and discovered that the first 10 replays of UD vs HMN on Turtle Rock all resulted in the UD losing. Now replays.net doesnt post just any replay of any noob so it cant be that the UDs suck can it? Could it be that there was some sort of disadvantage that UD has to deal with, probably map wise? I dunno enlighten me. And while youre at it tell me what maps you thumbs down, and reasons for doing so. Thanks a lot.
    I currently have (thumbs downed):
    Plunders: Orcs and Humans can expand at their natural and use towers to block off the ramp. Ghouls cant really do much.
    LT: An expansion map. I jsut haate expansion maps.IMHO this is where victory is decided on how many expos you have. More or less anyway.
    Whirlwind: I just dont really see this map much in replays and dont really know it that well anyways.

Only map I can think of that gives an advantage to UD is PI against Ne, but obviously its a real bitch for us against the other 2 races. TR I think is a terrible UD map, but I know plenty of people would disagree. Obviously LT is shit for UD too since its so expansion dependant. Basically, I'd say any map where its easy to fast expo (PI, LT, 2R) is gonna give you a hard time against Hu. Any map with a tavern will give you a hard time against Ne (TR in particularly) and any map in the game is probably gonna be tricky against Orc.

The two rivers is good for ud, people might disagree.
    Pi disadvantage for ud.
    Lt advantage gainst orc and ne but bad vs hu.

There aren't really any maps that give advantage to undead, myself I thumb down 2R, LT & PI, reasons stated above.
    Usually play on TM, TR or Whirlwind, and hope I don't play elf on TR.
    I think TM & Whirlwind are two balanced maps for undead, but don't really give an advantage.

Twisted is good vs. Orc, and Gnoll too (go DK first so you have better mobility).

I'd say the best map for UD (or for me personally anyway) is Twisted Meadows. I have about +- 50% on all maps but 70% win on TW. I think any map with ALOT of easy creeps that gives alot of exp is good for UD, the best example being Flood Plains 1vs1 from back in the days.

I thumb down Plunder Isle, Lost Temple, and Whirlwind. Former two maps because I just hate dealing with fast expo and dont really want to waste my time playing catchup from the get go. Whirlwind because I'm too lazy to learn the map. But if whirlwind wasnt an issue I'd thumb down 2Rivers because its just so easy to camp and expo on that map. Dont really understand why 2rivers is as popular as it is.

im human player and i dont consider 2r nor pisle to be good for fast expanding.
    if u only know how to stop fe ull stop it. the only map i think is in favour of hum is lt crossmap.
    A: You are mistaken if you think you are living. You are currently dying. You're just creeping towards death little by little. Your life is limited by time. Haha. I am still figuring out my dream. I am dying, but I want to achieve my dream. Everyone fighting~!
    Invisible signature.

hmm seems like rougly got my thumbs down correct. thanks guys.

Post New Reply

Thread Information