Post New Thread

Thread: What's the correct way to use crypt lord?

What's the correct way to use crypt lord?

i'm not talking about going crypt lord first, because i hate fiends...i just want to know how to use him when he's the third hero. How powerful exactly is impale? i can usually win with dk/lich/dl but most of the time when i get crypt lord third i lose..i dont think i'm using impale correctly becuz it doesnt seem that powerful to me except for the stun. i have a much better time using the dl becuz sleep/vamp aura can help me win a lotta battles. so anyone have tips on using the crypt lord third?

It depends on your needs. If your gonna tank him go carpace. If you need more meat shields for some reason get beetles. If your going for nuke get impale.

400 Point Level

I wouldn't go beetles with CL as third hero.. beetles only really own when you go crypt first cos level 3 beetles are thnx. oO

You generally want to go CL 3rd with impale if he's still trying to use lots of little low hp units. Like vs. NE with archers or vs. human casters. Vs. bigger stuff like bears or tauren I think DL w/sleep is better as third hero.

(but I am UD noob so take that with a grain of salt)'

[edit to add: honestly the only time I think CL TRULY excels is when he's used first vs. orc with beetles.. they shield your fiends from melee damage and may force him to try something stupid like making walkers. He's okay as third hero but OWNS as first hero vs. orc ><]

DK+CL best if 3rd hero maybe 2nd vs orc really depends on what ur opponents are going

25 Point Level

well just get impale, by then beetles will be usless if u had time to get third hero, so impale, armor, imaple, etc ^__^ those things would be good but i dont oftenly get time for thrid hero -_-''

just use impale like you use shockwave with TC
    he is very good vs human and NE, because both goes ranged units most of the times
    and u need to get your ghouls inside his ranged army
    so u go to each of the corners of thier army and cast impale make sure to hit as much units as u can so they wont run away, once they are stunned move all your ghouls inside his back lines and attack ground and nova
    it's good to open a battle like that u get the best position for yourself
    it's good when he trys to run away
    it's good while the battle keep casting impale on his army to add up some damage and also give your ghouls plenty of extra time to deal more damage (the stun is greater then the damage)
    dont forget always to try to get the best of it by hitting as much units as possible
    dont cast it when you're in the middle of his army
    u can also use it if u need 1-2 seconds stun for a hero surround and u run out of mana for nova, impale isnt that great as nova but it can give u that 1-2 seconds u need to complete a nice surround

if you're suspecting air i suggest u go DL with carrion or sleep instead

If you go CL as 3rd hero, it's usually mass ghouls, go impale, carapace, impale, carapace... Impale works like frost nova, but stun instead of slow.

200 Point Level mylifeyourmovie's Avatar

exactly what quench and lynx said.

think of impale as a combo between shockwave and warstomp.
    because of the cl's tanking abilities, send him in first, followed quickly by your ghouls or what not, throw out that initial impale for position purposes and use the second impale with the idea of stunning the army and paralyzing it. i almost never use an impale on a hero unless they are just caught in the crossfire.

say for instance though, your facing an orc opponent who has stayed ground with you and you've gone ghouls, in that given situation i'd def go dl second or third for two reasons:
    1. vamp aura helps keep your ghouls alive (along with scrolls)
    2. sleep spam isolate the tc, or in the case of human, the mk. this can also work on undead as well (with dk), unless destroyers are present.

as a rule of thumb, vs night elf i generally go tri hero with cl third, ghouls and gargs with maybe some boms or destroyer. unless mass dryads, cl is usually the best choice.

The Cl is a great hero, especially in addition to dk and lich. However, getting him as a third hero may not always be advisable. Always remember that a third hero may become more of a liability then an advantage (is keeping him from dying worth what he'll give you?) In cases with the cl, its generally impale. DO NOT get him if you're facing any air or heavy melee units. Your lich and dk will be better getting more exp then having just having your army the ability to impale. Impale is only worth getting against ranged, or casters, against other stuff your first 2 heroes will be better off alone.

Erm get CL as third hero against humans. Tri hero versus humans is very effective. that is, if the game drags on you get a level 3 coil and an impale. personally iget DL fisr cuz i eed to get lvl 2 sleep ASAP to sleep the MK. Since ive lost the nuking power of my lich, ill get a CL third to make up for the loss. Humans like to get rifle men, so when they start wshooting they'll line up in a nice line, which is perfedt for impale.

Beetles versus human or NE is useless.

Post New Reply

Thread Information