Post New Thread

Thread: Single player change of pace

100 Point Level

Single player change of pace

Just a suggestion, a fun way to play the game in single is play custom, set the handicap for all computer teams at 50%, and play using only heroes. Obviously, while they are at a serious hit point shortage, their damage remains the same. Playing like this is not only fun, it can definitely improve you play overall. Your hero micro, since that is all you have to worry about, gets some practice. It becomes a hectic hit and run battle. Its great for improving hero micro, as well as testing out hero combos.
    My favorite map is raging stream because it has a tavern, plenty of high level creep camps with great item drops (Mask of death, Claws of +15, Ring of Protection +5, Orb of Frost, too name the best) These items are ideal since you dont have an army, you want to maximize the heroes stats, ablities, etc. In addition, many of the creeps drop the tomes of STR, AGI, INT, EXP, etc. Excellent for the same reason.
    My favorite Hero combos are (I am a human player on ladder) MK, Pally, and Pandaren, or ArchMAge, Beastmaster, and Firelord for mass summons, as Night Elf, DH, warden and Pandaren, or whatever, ANother fun combo is Dark Ranger, PotM, and Naga. Undead heroes have great synergy as well(shock)
    In my limited experience with Orc, seemed pretty weak in this style, for whatever reason.

Racial advantages defntiely belongs to NE because of their moon wells, staff of preservation, in conjuntion with staff of teleport, if on ehero is taking damage, zip, zap, zoop, send him home, heal quickly, and right back into battle, as I have seen at least one NE player do very efficiently in ladder play.

Int heroes fall pretty quickly as they are the only thing to target for the computer. Basically heroes that can stay alive on the batle field for a long time (Demon Hunter evasion, Pandarens evasion/crit strike passive, Pally Divine shield, etc) are the best. Although with mass summon group, they can decimate basses pretty quick (Volcano, Lizard Stampede, then Mass Tele out before they can react.

If you want to play with level 10 heroes, this is a great way to do it. And there is nothing like standing up to a huge army with only three heroes, and emerging the victor.

Essential items are, obviously, orbs for melee heroes, boots of speed, and a TP for at least one hero, preferably all 3 unti they are high level. AOE rules, especially at the beginning. Three heroes can often times take out many opponents right at the start, but once the comp starts to get tier 3 units and higher level heroes it can be very difficult to stand against a whole army. Hero nuking and running becomes the order of the day.

Another hero combo I sometimes use is MK, pally, and Bloodmage, and I set all computer opponents to undead, and practice the human hero nuke v undead.

This probably isnt for everyone, but if your tired of ladder play and you want to mess around with level 10 heroes, this is one great way to do it.
    Have fun!

100 Point Level

lame, this pole smoker is a waste of human material

What is the point of this thread?
    Show replay of a root dispell.

tbh it doesnt help because u get used to units dying a lot faster etc... so their meat dies 50% faster as do their heroes not a real representation of online play ;p

100 Point Level

yup

yeah, thats true, its not supposed to be a representation of online play. Its just a way I enjoy playing the game sometimes, and thought somebody else might too. In my opinion it is fun. Midway through the game you have level 10 heroes, that is something i never ever see in ladder play, and they are pretty damn fun to play with. Thats all.

Post New Reply

Thread Information