Post New Thread

Thread: Powerpoint

Powerpoint

I had a powerpoint project at school over China, and we spent 2-3 weeks working on it. My powerpoint exceeded all of the requirements and it made others speachless. I take it home to fine tweak it, and the computer will not read the disk. I tried useing other computers to read the disk, but the result was still the same. A two weak project gone. Sucks.

Staff Director
    Venti Double Double

That really stinks Does the computer you made it on read the disc and did you delete the copy you had on the hard drive?

You entrusted schoolwork to a floppy disk?

Does it say the disk is not formatted or something? Sometimes, if the read heads on a drive are out of alignment, they will still write to the disk but the tracks will be slightly offset, thus you can only read the disk in the drive it was formatted in, or in a similarly screwed up drive.

I'd go back to wherever you were working, and email it to yourself, then retrieve it elsewhere. Or get a USB drive (remember to do that "Safely remove hardware" thing). Floppies are just so bad..

600 Point Level
    Pinnochiophile

that really sucks :/ couldn't you have a teacher or a friend or somebody in china access the file and send it to you as an email attachment? i do it all the time with school files...in fact one person i know takes pictures of the math notes and emails them to us at night ^_^

the loudest mouths will hail the newfound way
    to be king for a day

i guess you learned the hard way... when using floppies (and try not to use them cuz they suck!) always back up your work!

Post New Reply

Thread Information