WCReplays.com Community Forums

Go Back   WCReplays.com Community Forums > Warcraft Forums > Warcraft III Strategy

Unread 05-28-2005, 12:39 AM   #1
DarkLaz[wX]
Peon

Send a message via AIM to DarkLaz[wX] Send a message via MSN to DarkLaz[wX] Send a message via Yahoo to DarkLaz[wX]
Default Hu Vs Air

Is it just me or is human the worst race to use against air? For example: I used a couple nights in front of about 13 rifles, and 6 sorce and priest(I actualy 4get exactly but i had food maxed and killed off my miner/lumberers) against ne. He's a friend and we told eachother that we'd do a super long massive upgrades n shit game. I get what i said up there, he mass's chim's, i lose horibly, what did i do wrong? Is there something im missing? Ive heared gryphons rnt good vs air so i dont know...
DarkLaz[wX] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
GGL.GoKu
300 Point Level

... human has good anti air. tanks own air and hawks own air. gyros own air also. read the human guide!

United 5 - www.u5-gaming.com
PM me if you want to play on Hamachi.
GGL.GoKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2005, 01:54 AM   #3
dwi
Peon

use either d'hawks or gryphons vs chims....chims cant hit air units, only ground
dwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
DarkLaz[wX]
Peon

Send a message via AIM to DarkLaz[wX] Send a message via MSN to DarkLaz[wX] Send a message via Yahoo to DarkLaz[wX]

Aight thx guys. Guna try to get lvl 17 to join a clan ^_^ Hopefully become great at hu.
PS. How do u post replays? Im probebly missing a big red button in the middle of the screen that says [Post Replay] but i havnt seen anything
Unread 05-28-2005, 03:07 AM   #5
IC.Shadow
Cool Like Magess

http://www.wcreplays.com/forums/anno...ouncementid=11

MMARising.com | News | Articles | Interviews | Rankings
IC.Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
ciscoelnino
100 Point Level

Human versus air has a number of counters. It really depends on the situation. Versus mass light air, gyros might be the way to go, as they do aoe, and can dish out a lot of damage quick, and they dont take extra damage from piercing or melee. Also they have great mobility for harassers that hide behind trees.

I lost a game to a blademaster/bat harass. Had MK/pally/bm, which was actually a great combo, although I still never killed the guy, came so close once. Banish, bolt, siphon. wish i had built gyros, because he would have to blow them up, and i would win that economically.

If he is massing air, tanks are the best option. They can stay alive on the battlefield long enough, you can staff one home if he gets focused. FF from rifles takes down air of any kind quick.
ciscoelnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #7
gGGd
Out of here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscoelnino
FF from rifles takes down air of any kind quick.
Except for TeH destors or frosties.
gGGd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
Mr.pop0
100 Point Level

I just had a game with BM harrass wyvern fast tech. The guy was good. But I went AM/BLM Dhawks priests.

Let me tell you that banished Dhawks are unstopable against Orc air. When ever one of my units was going to die I banished it and the BM couldn't attack it. Even Bladestorm couldn't attack banished units.

Later I got a MK and tanks to finish him off. Should have gotten them sooner.
Mr.pop0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2005, 12:37 AM   #9
DarkLaz[wX]
Peon

Well lately since i made a new account to join a clan, it seems im facing more lvl 10-15's and getting rushed and owned while i either fast tech or expo. Air isnt even a problem anymore, dont let the game go long enough for them to mass air like happened the one time. But how do u counter a tier1 rush, or a tier2 rush when ur fast teching?
Unread 05-29-2005, 12:46 AM   #10
Wolven
50 Point Level

You just don't fast tech. It's definitely a no-no on small maps. Even on big maps, I really wouldn't reccomend it, but if you really want to, then atleast tower up your base before you tech.

much <3 to wynter for the sexy banner. ^^
Wolven is offline   Reply With Quote