Post New Thread

Thread: coil/aura/coil/DP?

100 Point Level

coil/aura/coil/DP?

I am usually human so I am used to being slow. I just fought an Orc and did the said spell choices. Worked great. Used the potion of invul. and when that ran out the pact. While my lich/fiends ate him up.

Well is this just my play style or does lvl2 aura not give the greatest impact?

50 Point Level

well usually u dont have the mana for death pact when ur using coil for saving units or killing off units, so thats why people usualy go for level 2 aura, though usually having a potion saves you, instead of having a death pact that kills a unit and requires mana so if u dont have any mana and your about to die then ur screwed, potion is better i think

Death pact is a really cool spell, but I just can't see it being better than coil/aura. Higher level unholy aura is a huge speed burst, which is a neccesity almost for slow fiends and aboms. Frenzied ghouls + aura are insanely fast. Plus like D-Dream said, the mana thing is an issue. You can never have too many coils in a fight, whether for healing or finishing off weak units.

You could still be successful with this spell instead of aura, don't get me wrong. I just think the aura boosts your army so much more, where potions can replace the need for Death Pact, and save a unit or two.

IF the enemy tries to completely rely on focussing your DK, that's a good idea. otherwise, Aura level 2 gives a HUGE impact on your army, in terms of microing. not only on the DK.
    and like lota said (got to say this every 2nd thread, damn you ) death pact takes mana while you need all for coil.
    also I want to add DP is nice for a HP boost, but the cooldown is quite high, so you can't rely on pact as a "death insurance" like the pally can for example.
    When was the last time a commercial airline crashed? (besides 2001) Maybe 1968? Because what they didnt check the planes properly? There will be no Commercial Airline crashes because human error has been taken out of the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows
    ^strong math skills
    100*225= 225 thousand

It's a good idea to use it and death pact summons. Eg. a skeleton gives you something like nearly 200hp, which is normally enough to get yourself out of a tight situation. Not to be used on normal units, though...

would be interesting if u had a beastmaster and you used DP on bear, thats a huge hp boost.

if ur enemy is a crazy DK nuker, then death pact will really throw them off when u use it on a skeleton, however, most players are smart enough to not do this, and therefore level 2 aura > death pact in 90% of ur games.

I was thinking about this the other day, i think DP can come in handy vs hero focus or human nuke. Also ive seen UD players get DP at L4 in 2v2 games, i think this is cos the DK is more vulnerable to ff.

Death Pact is for sure a good spell, but the main reason it is not used much is that lvl 2 aura makes frenzied ghouls reach speed cap (400 I think). Also, at this point you usually have slow high hp units like aboms and destroyers that really need the 20% speed buff.

The DK usually isn't dying easily anyway, and you will often be doing hit'n run attacks. More interesting is the choice of spell at lvl 6, where choosing DP may be the difference between win and loss in certain games.

However, I see the point of getting DP at lvl 4, since you can lure the opponent into focusing the hopelessly lost DK and *bam* you kill a fiend or abom while his army is being thrashed

Using DP on skellies in the same way as Dark Ritual is a bit pointless though, since you will usually have statues for heal.

i sometimes get death pact when im in battle and i gain a level but am being focused and killed too much. quick select death pact and save myself. =) other than that i usually get aura because of the imba speed. lich is really slow too xD

Post New Reply

Thread Information