Closed Thread

Thread: even blizz cant help. file checksum error 1.19b

even blizz cant help. file checksum error 1.19b

ive already posted this on the battle.net forums and so have many, many others. all of them have not recieved a viable solution. i hope there is someone here who can help. when installing 1.19a to 1.19b a bunch of people who used a no-cd crack get an error:

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\game.dll'

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Storm.dll'

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.exe'

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\worldedit.exe'

RESULT: Patch failed

now thats 4 main files corrupted. the solution offered is to reinstall everything and patch again. i am unable to do that since my cd rom is broken but even so others have reinstalled it a bunch of times to no avail.
    does anyone know enough to find a solution to this? my thoughts are maybe if i accuire the 4 files from someone then replace it on my wc3 folder then the patch will work. what causes this anyway? is it something from the downloaded patch? is it because its supposed to update from 1.18 to 1.19b?

thank you for any help at all you can provide

Staff Director
    Venti Double Double

If you're using a crack no one here can help you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information