Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mountain King First?

1500 Point Level Basic.Icecream's Avatar

AM first is good because he can fend off pushes and harasses with his WE, power creep, and push early tier 2 and crush your enemies. Late game you switch to Blizzard/Clap and you crush any ground army.

AM first is so useful to creep and his aura benefits casters and heros, which is about 80% of playing human, so hes a great support hero. You can also get a blizzard retrain later wich works nicely on low hp units.

I used to go MK first all the time. If you do go MK first you need to be good at surrounds. If you cant reliably get surrounds then I wouldnt recommend him as a 1st hero. He's also harder to creep with so you need to make your shop a lot sooner to heal, I used to make it after my 2nd or 3rd farm. It also make you more vulnerable to creepjacks, as with WE creeping usually only the WE gets low health, but with the MK you have to share the damage around.

Also, your second hero should be either the pally (for health) or the BLM (for mana). I only get banish vs orc, and I do a qick tech to get the BLM faster. Banish works best on "larger" units, so a banished grunt has more effect than a banished foot. Flamestrike is a very good AoE spell when combined with clap. Siphon also allows you to shut down an enemy hero and pump up your MK. Still, there are a lot of disadvantages going a hero combo like this. Even with a BLM, your mana will run out if you fight close battles and dont use claritys between. Its also harder to defend at T1 without WE's and the effectiveness of these heros really depends on you leveling them as fast as possible. If you only have a level 2 MK by T2 thats really not very good, coz he wont be doing all that much damage. Also the DH is a huge reason not to go MK first vs NE, because the MK is next-to-useless without mana. Hes also a slow little bastard, and that makes it difficult to micro him unless you get a sorc with invis.

mk first is not very strong as it loses mana and is too slow
    against the norm hero for any race, you will be hardpressed to do any damage aside from bolt/att/surround which can be effective, but highly unlikely to occur

there was a human mirror where someone mass expoed mass rax mass footies and rifles with the mk
    it worked well, but was a bit situational

Post New Reply

Thread Information