Post New Thread

Thread: 2v2 at NE strats

2v2 at NE strats

Ive tried dozens of 2v2 strats(i am a team player)

-ive tried doing fast tech few hunts to bears with dh or kotg and naga

-ive tried mass hunts while pooling gold to ally then rush /w potm this doesnt work either for towers will just f** me up by the time i get glaives their tech is done and were pretty much f***.

-Ive also tried hunts/dryad(optionaly talons) with kotg/naga or dh/naga seige really hurts..

-so anywayz i need a good NE strat that will go with ALL RACES.

There is no cookie cutter that fits all strats. There are some fun ones though. Try NE and UD. Feed the ud while he masses fiends stats destros frosts w/ a fast tech. Meanwhile you slowly build up to 50 food hunts feeding all the extra. Goes to prove that ud>any 2 races combined

thnx

Ask what your ally is going to do. In team most people have 1 strat they always do, so base yours around theirs. If they say rush then mass hunts, but dont get glaives, they suck. If they say tech, then you have 2 options, tech yourself, or mass teir 1, like a rush strat. If it is a big map, then tech and cc, but if its a small map and you think that they will rush, then its a good idea to get lots of units to help defend against it.

i think hu is a good team allie, if he knows how to fast expo properly, then he feeds you while you mass up bears. Adapt from then on.

liek the others said ask ur allie what hes getting. if he says melee get archers, dryads and dotts. if he says range and caster get hunts into bears

NE/ORC is probably THE strongest combo out there. It can be really devasting fighting FS/Keeper with grunts/hunts early game (every entangled unit is a lost unit) and both of the races have strong enough t2 units to keep the pressure up. When you get the early advantage (you will get it, no army with equal micro can beat you) you just proceed to dryads/talons for the Elf (lowered armor, visibility and slowed) and raiders/SH for the Orc (ensnare and hex). This makes your already strong t1 army impossible to fight in a straight battle and if you try running...well, ensnare/dryad focus/hex/entangle can take down 40 pop of running units. With human it's all about massing ranged units and with UD it's all about massing hunts =P that's the cookies atleast

Id like to point out that in my AT experiences( currently level 25 AT on lordaeron), archers are unparalelled in their damage potential, and if your are fighting night elf with your AT, it is extremely useful to get 2-3 upgraded balistas with the strikethrough upgrade as it just massacres hunts and casters. Often the same hunt will get hit twice by one balista because itll splash through to the hunt directly behind it.

I use a ton of archers in AT, the damage output is rediculous, weve pretty much tried all viable combos and archers do such a significant amt more than ud or hum

As long as you can keep your formation together and keep the grunts infront of you, you should be fine. Ive not used dryads all too much as its eitehr archers with dotts or FDs or maybe some bears and giants. Your main job is to pick off units while hte grunts keep them busy. To this end, the kotg and similar disabling heros help a ton.
    Last edited by WeEatDeadPeople; 12-22-2005 at 05:26 PM.

i persoanlly like ne/ne. one person gets potm and other gets w/e they really want. both mass hunts with trueshot aura and rush early. usually unbeatable. if they beat u there who cares u can mass anything u want especaily if u expo.

1st build. 2 x Dual rax hunts with potm and KotG for t1 push and then slow tech to dryad/MG's.

2nd build. One going kotg+1rax hunts,slowly teching to dryads,while other going for dh/archers to fast tech to bears.A lot of harrassing involved.

zomg archers are teh pwnage. wif an orc ally, orc masses grunts u mass archers (go keeper first) its basically unstoppable. even if u cant win it straight away, grunts and archers are so versatile ur teching to tier 2 or even tier 3 units while ur opponent is trying to fight ur grunt frontline while getting focus fired by archers...

<3 lvl 3 entangle on an enemy hero with 10 archers, it PWNS (as long as they dont have dispel o_o)

pretty much dh first/ potm first works well for teching( i used to think dh sucks for teams, but its good for hero focus and harasses with orc/hu partners). When you tech, i would tech single aow huntress (sometimes you can choose aow archers if your partner is orc). NE doens't really do much in at except act as support. So it mainly depends on your partner. After you tech, you can either choose to go aoe (PL surprisingly), aura (potm), or hero focus (naga/kotg). Then almost always choose to go dual lore dryads. I lore/wind works well too unless one of your opponent is hu or ud becuase of breaker/destroyer.

Another thing to do is to stick tier 1 with UD and go potm hunts the entire game and feed UD. Another thing to do is kotg with orc or UD or HU and dual aow and stay tier 1 or do a late tech. Single aow hunts with kotg can work well too, but double aow hunts is easier to do surrounds with.

I much prefer the teching strats. The tier 1 NE strats rely on timing and economy wars (killing peasants, delaying buildings, etc).

elf is strong with harass so try to both mass hunts first and then tech around 40 and one go lore other go wind and harass with dh and keeper its evil! dont forget to bring offensive wisps!

Post New Reply

Thread Information