Post New Thread

Thread: How to counter DOTC+Dryads with ORC?

How to counter DOTC+Dryads with ORC?

My friend always uses this strategy and sometimes mixes it up with DOTT,I really dont know what units are good to counter them.He always gets rejuv on heroes so they're really hard to kill.I've tried using spirit walkers,but they dont have that much effect because their spirit linking gets dispelled at once and disenchant burns up a lot of mana so you need at least 6 of em and dont have the damage output bears have.

And also aren't dryads a little cheap cuz they are very allround,they have poison attack,dispell,immunity to magic...

I hope someone can help me cuz I'm going to a lan soon and I hope I can beat him there

Greets,
    infamous

The standars counter to this I think is kodos+wywerns...I say "I think" because this strat vs orc is very rare nowadays...so I haven't played/watched it for a longtime..
    Anyway I suggest u to speedscroll, eat as many bears as u can and focus fire w/ wyws on dryads..and tp out,make other units and so on..u'll have number advantage. Then adapt to what he does (more bears=more kodos and viceversa)...If he also adds some dotts, your wyws will rape them..Be carefull and micro well your wiws..keep more attention if there are also summons. I hope I helped.

You sure did,thanks I'll try it next time I face him

Don't make Spirit Walkers. I'd suggest a couple of Shamans to purge the Rejuvenation and any possible summons(if he gets BeastMaster or Keeper of the Gro(o)ve)

I use 1 grunt fast tech then build 2nd burrow after that. I basically go grunt raider wind w/ dual beastiary and then add in SW later. I always use FS since i dont build as many grunts due to adding in dual beastiary and lodge at tier 2 and its freaken expensive.

for 2nd hero, i still cant tell which is better TC or SH. I feel TC due to his aura and chain wave combo. But in early mid tier 2 attack, SH does come in handy w/ the healing wave which allows me to push longer to mess up ne before he hits tier 3, so i can have an advantage going into tier 3 or be able to fiinish him off before he can get master dotts.

Im also trying to incorporate goblin labs into my strat, to either destroy townhall or the talon buildings so he has to rebuild them to start master training.

SH is nice with wards, and demos own up dryads pretty nicely, HHs is a good idea if he doesnt have AOE or somtn.. (im sure nobody agrees with the HH thing, but HHs are underused!)

My account

A mix of Kodos (for dotc), grunts (meat) and Catas (for dryads) should do the work. If you kill a lot of dryads (you should do it with catas), add some wyverns to the mix to finish the remaining dotc.

Raiders/Kodos, many people consider NE "IMBA!" due to some these reasons: Dryads are very strong/versatile units that are cheap and give too little experience and Dotts are also very powerful/versatile, Bears are fine but NE just needs to be tweaked a bit imho.

Post New Reply

Thread Information