Post New Thread

Thread: Cyclonel..I dont get it..?!?

Cyclonel..I dont get it..?!?

Seriously, I have never found this strategy to work....especialy against Orc. What am I doing wrong? I usualy have a blend of hunts, dryads/bears and talons. So we roll into battle, C,C,C,C,C.........then the pansy little talons get worked, cyclones wear off and half my armor dies.

What's the idea or notion that I am doing wrong?

when u play vs orc just mass only talons. then c c c c c about half his army into the air and attack the other half with talons. make sure u have healing scrolls when u fight

remember to watch out for the demos...unarmored low hp casters go down very quick to siege.

(vvv) O_O (vvv)

I assume turning off Faerie Fire is a must? Otherwise you run out of cyclones and nobody attacks....they just ffire. ??

Thanks!
    Craig

Western Connecticut State University. Yo.

Nah you can leave it on, that's why you mass only talons (after archers early game atleast) you have enough mana for both faeire fire + cyclone usually.

50 Point Level

i think u should turn it off if they got SW's. It takes practice & youll want to get staff's on your heros so they can save eachother.

Like all strategies, it won't work instantly. And I'd suggest modifying it more or less to your liking. However the minute you get mass talons w/healing scrolls you need to attack fast! A high lvl fs with cl can get enuff damage off (if the player is good enuff to get it out b4 you cycolone him). Remember a good orc player against a the mass talons will be hard to beat, but still it's your best shot.

gl in the future

What I think you aren't doing (just by the nature of your post) is you are standing still cycloning and just expecting to have them die to the attack right away. Cyclone them, move back a little attack attack attack, cyclone cyclone cyclone, move back a little, attack attack attack, rinse and repeat. Also high(er) hero levels are needed for this so that you can have some frontline tanks. ;D Huzzah huzzah. Hope this helps.

u said u usually have a blend of other units. that's the problem. its MASS TALONS, not hunts bears dryads talons. if u are worried about the damage output or meat that your other units would have provided you, just get creep heroes (beastmaster, firelord, tinker)

Take off Faerie Fire if you have -10 Dotts, always have Heal Scrolls.

Cool...will give it another try.

Thanks.

You need to watch replays to see how it's really done. It's quite rediculus really and you would never guess that the NE really does only make two units the whole game! A hand full of archers early.....then straight to mass dotts. And by mass i mean like 15-25 dotts...it's crazy watching it you're like, wtf it looks like the weakest units in the game vs. the meanest units in the game. Kinda crazy...

Also you need FF....have dotts cast a little bit of FF and use dotts to focus fire and fearie fire'd grunts/raiders. Also if you have a dott that is going to die, put it in crow form and fly away (or stay if he has no raiders).

Post New Reply

Thread Information