Post New Thread

Thread: 2v2 double Rax rush.

2v2 double Rax rush.

Hello, I have recently picked up playing WCIII after a long hiatus. I mostly play in 2v2 games with a friend of mine and am looking for a bit of advice here. We aren't great but are getting better by leaps and bounds. we've been able to keep a fairly strong record up until we hit around the level 20 area. now that we are fighting people that are consistantly higher level nearly all of our games we end up getting some form of double barracks rushed.

What are the tactics that people use to efficiently fight this off? If i were playing a 1v1 and my scouting told me that my opponent was setting up for a 2rax attack I would put up a couple towers and along with my normal troop levels be able to hold them off till i got superior tech. With 2 people coming at me with a 2rax though the economics of the situation become that much tougher. not only would i need my normal army plus my partners to maintain the same efficiency but i would need double the amount of towers in my base.

any reasonable advice on how to counter this? i've watched a lot of higher level games and dont usually see the tactic used leading me to believe that it isn't very stable if used all the time. The games i'm actually playing, however, seem to show it as a very dominant strategy. i'm looking to gain insight into how to fight this off so i can advance past this group of players that seem to know nothing but the 2rax rush.

Why don't you guys try doing dual rax yourself. Or maybe harass a little to delay the rush?

dual rax for all race? or just 1 race when u play vs them? cuz if they dual rax, i expo wit my partner. then we put up dual rax too. cuz then we will be techin right now so expo n dual rax is possible if u save up and deny maybe a few units

400 Point Level

Rushes are never effective when you know how to stop them, well, not really stop, but stall untill you get your second hero out. Important thing is that you use your base structure to survive the rush instead of getting lured outside your base and fight there.

chesspiece_face, could you tell us what race you and your friend play as? Also, what races are usually doing double barracks?

But what I can say from the start is if you have towers force him to fight in your base and do not chase after him so much. Your towers will cause him to lose more units than you usually if your building structure is good causing him to lose unit efficiency greatly.

The answer is quite simple, and there are a number of easy solutions to this problem. As human, they have an advantage to most duel rax pushes by using rifles. Here are some scenerios:

Vs. Orc/UD - they go duel rax for grunts and fiends, just get a faster tech, throw up a tower or 2, and get rifles. Make your ally go a secondary rax unit such as a hunt/rifle or fiend, and if they are orc they should still go 1 rax but give more tower support (this is assuming you and your partner have superior micro)

Vs. elf/ud - Mass hunts/fiends is common, and as human my suggestion is to either A. Go aoe and go duel rax with MASS rifles or B. Go footies with a faster tech to morts which always win (with aoe or water elemental)

Vs. Elf/orc - if they go duel rax with tc/potm and HH/hunts, AoE is usually a MUST depending on the map, but again try and get morts faster before they have a pre-tier 2 rush. Rifles always win usually in these situations. REMEMBER RIFLES OWN HUNTS!!! Piercing > hunts

u forgot to put in hu in those strats T_T

hu/orc- its mostly mass rilfes with grunts, probally am/fs for more units on the field. in this case u r gonna need foots wit defend and tower later get morts.

hu/ud- u dun see this set-up much since they dun really work together, but u can count on fiends/foots wit defend then the hu techs early.

hu/ne- i see this set-up the most since hu hav 1 of the best range unit and ne hav 1 of the best tier1 ground unit. u can see rilfes/hunts push u.

Post New Reply

Thread Information