Post New Thread

Thread: How to Make Recordings that don't Skip?

How to Make Recordings that don't Skip?

I've been interested in recording an audio, and just a few minutes ago, finished a test run (to make sure i had the right programs/equipment etc)

now listening to it back, I find that at points, the audio skips, like fractions of seconds at most, but it's rather unprofessional and could lead to getting games out of sync

does anyone have any suggestions?

i'm using audacity and a logitech headset

Well, I use Audacity, and it works perfectly, speak into the side of the mic or not too close, if that doesn't work, re-install Audacity.

i seem to get a constant hissing sound when recording any idea what that could be? (i use cool edit 200 pro)

Is your computer or mic near doors, windows, closed in areas or have you got windy weather?

no but my computers fan makes a constant sound i think is probably messing it up cause in the first 5 seconds of the audio it sounds fine but then it gets an anooying hissing sound probably my comps a piece of junk and a need a new one

lol, im guessing its the fan, maybe you need a new comp, or you'll have to deal with it!

man, total post jack
    would uninstall/reinstall help? the program seems to be running fine

haha sry was waiting for some1 to post an audio recording question. if ur audio tends to skip, try lowering the war 3 reqs. then test it again see what happens. gl

I don't actually know, but its worth a shot.

talamasca, the audio may be skipping because when you play it back your computer is using too many resources. Your actual recording may be intact, however the problem may just be in the playback process. You could test this by playing back the audio when no other programs except necessary ones are running on your computer. Also, if it still skips, rewind and see if it skips in the exact same place again. If it always skips at the same place, your recording was bad, and i dunno what the problem was (maybe your computer was overloaded when you actually recorded the audio). If it doesnt always skip at the same place, your recording was good, and the problem is just that your computer is too slow to play it back properly. I'm pretty sure I'm correct in what I'm saying, but not sure.

Diablogod, you probably have a hissing sound because you do not have a good soundcard for recording audio. Most stock computer soundcards are not good for recording audio and will have some sort of undesirable hiss or noise.... although it is rather perplexing why the hiss should only kick in 5 seconds through the recording...

Post New Reply

Thread Information