13 22.41%
  • Range

45 77.59%
Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easier to creep kill / deny??

Easier to creep kill / deny??

I know a lot of people are gonna say their ranged hero. But for me personally I think melee (usually strength) heroes are hella easy to get creep kills / denies with. For one thing the strength heroes usually hit harder than their agility/intel counterparts (but not always). But the main thing is just that being melee, they are always beside the units.

So the ranged hero has to get 2 timings down. 1) How fast it takes to fire (which depends on how much agility they have). And 2) How fast his projectile takes to get to his target (which depends on distance). Where as the melee hero just has to get the timing of #1 down.

...range > melee in creep killing/denying
    everyone should know that

No I don't know that. What I do know is that it depends on the player how good/bad they are.

The ONLY thing I don't like about creep killing / denying with melee hero is that you have to get up close and personal. That usually means u take more hits from enemy heroes and creeps.
    Last edited by KoGs; 05-26-2006 at 12:13 AM.

If you can get to know both the delay you have in the game, and how long it takes for your ranged attack to actually 'hit', it's much easier for ranged heroes to deny.

One big reason is that in a lot of situations it's way too dangerous for melee heroes to deny kills, like when your ranged creep is going to get 3 shotted by their tower, and you finish it off by spam attack-clicking it from a ways away. Also, a lot of time as a melee you have to time running in and out of the fray to score kills, as you'll get beat on if you stay in there.

If you're the host or have really low ping to the host, melee will do it because you'll be right next to the units (assuming you mean the creep you're attacking or the allied one standing next to you - if you have to run at all, obviously it's not going to be as easy). If you have any noticeable delay at all, ranged is easier.

i'd say range is "easier" to get creep kills/denies in the sense that your opponent is going to have a harder time harrassing you(i.e. sniper with imba range ) but i think heroes like tiny and sven are pretty easy to farm with, though heroes like sniper and nevermore farms pretty easily as well. depends on whether there is a heavy harrasser in your lane or not, i guess.

Well, melle is easier if you dont have a ranged hero in your lane. Otherwise it's easier and safer with ranged.

With no other heroes around, it's easier for melee i guess. However that's a pretty rare situation. If there's a stunner or poisoner against you (not to mention two) you're going to have a hard time denying creeps as melee.

I voted range, but i feel both melee and range has thier pro and cons in terms of creep killing/denying.

Also items play a big impact.

I feel range lets u deny from safety. also since ur range its easy to switch up from attacking a creep to denying enemy creeps. This flexibility makes range powerful in creep kills/deny's.

the only problme with range hero is that u dont do enough damage, so u need to skills to deny and be able to get gold from killing.

Melee on the other hand has the better damage and in that sense they are easier to creep deny/creep kill. However like someone mentioned, u have to get up close and personal and if ur facing heavy nukers, ur gonna have a hard time getting gold.

Melee relies on location, and melee is inferior in this aspect but its pro's are that as the game goes on melee outkills and out deny's any range hero in the game and are usually the best farmers the longer the game goes on.
    Only agil heros can match melee in how fast u can farm.

It's a lot easier with melee heroes as long as their isn't a ranged hero opposite you in a lane, plowing you everytime you go for a deny/klll.

I really hated farming with necrolyte, for instance, because by the time the projectile flies towards the creep, it would die. Farming is important for him (mana!) but I couldn't do shit...

Agility heroes have fast attack speed which means they're less likeably miss a kill, unlike projectile-based heroes that take time to cross the distance towards the creeps.

okokokokokok, im a noob

well acually im ok but i really dont getthis deny thing, how can you attack your own creeps when ur mellee, i thought u couldnt attack ur own creeps?

"Hides because he knows hes gonna get laughed at"

You can attack your own creeps once they are under a certain % of their base hp. I don't know how much % it is though.

You can kill creeps when they drop below the 50% health mark. Generally you deny when you have low health creeps running to meet the next wave and they are very low on health but more advanced players will do it at any possible opportunity. You can deny heroes when they are effected by shadow strike or doom, too. I know that doesnt relate to this thread but I felt like saying it anyways.

As for the original topic, it really depends. I personally deny much better with a melee hero unless I am facing a good opponent that harasses properly. If I have a ranged I can deny very well still but I just find having to calculate in projectile speed when trying to deny a hassle compared to melee.

Melee heroes on a decent host are, for me at least, far easier to deny with since you don't have to worry about the time between you shooting an arrow and it hitting the target.

100% depends on their attack animation, bristle is horrible at deny at levels 1-6 as is lina inverse... to name just one of each slow as hell attack animation.

One of the major problems with melee heroes when it comes to denying is that you have to be in range of all of the enemy ranged heros and any nukes the opponent might have. In addition, when there are lots of creeps, it is often difficult to actually get in range to strike the creep in time. Compunding this is that fact that an enemy hero can simply queue and attack on you, which will cause all of your creeps to attack him and likely block your path to the creep you wish to kill. Another difficulty facing melee heroes is that it is often impossible to deny creeps within the enemy tower or the last creep in the wave without risking high damage.

For ranged heroes, how easy it is to deny/kill is significantly dependent on your attack animation and projectile speed (well... obviously I suppose). For heroes like Lina, the lengthy attack animation actually makes it impossible deny some creeps. Usually this situation occurs when your Necromancer/Druid of the Talon is being pounded on by the enemy tower and 4 Ghouls. In order to actually land the last hit, you would have to queue the attack prior to the Necro/Druid reaching half health. When Lina goes to swing, the attack will actually be cancelled due to the health restrictions on attacking your own creeps. Fast projectile speed is only relevant when opposing heroes are trying to last hit. In a battle of Dwarven Sniper vs. Medusa for example, Sniper will have the clear advantage simply because he can queue the attack while Medusa's arrow is in the air and his bullet will reach the creep first.

Ranged heroes can get close to the creeps to last-hit too. The difference is that they also have the opportunity to do it at range, and once you get an animation down, you can do it pretty effectively. The gap is further widened by their edge in harassment. Of course you'll have exceptions, and of course it will depend on a number of factors (like game length), but I'd say that ranged heroes are generally better at it.

It depends on what heros youre facing. I mean, if I'm a phantom assassin, it'd going to be completely impossible to farm if im soloing vs a vengeful spirit and a CM or something along those lines, whereas a ranged hero would at least be able to farm a bit. Of course, in general, if that's the lane arrangements, the PA would switch.
    King Shadow IC (6:49:59 PM): Stop leaving DotA games to make out with your sister, geez man.
    King Shadow IC (7:39:14 PM): Moo.
    King Shadow IC (7:27:33 PM): You fail.
    King Shadow IC (7:27:52 PM): Please die.
    King Shadow IC (7:29:46 PM): You're newb.
    King Shadow IC (8:30:35 PM): Moo.

Razor ftw.

Post New Reply

Thread Information