Post New Thread

Thread: cant 2v2 with same ip?

cant 2v2 with same ip?

me and my irl friend attempted to play sc together recently, I hadnt played sc for months and he had been inactive for almost two years now. So anyway we set up two PCs right next to each other, hoping for some fun times playing 2v2 on PGTour.

It all worked untill the game started. We had EXTREME lag first of all, and as soon as one of the players left we would lag out, both of us showing each others names in the drop screen.

In the game room we couldnt see what each other type, but when we tried to 1v1 we could see, and we could play without lag.

Any ideas whats going on?

Technical Coordinator
    Santakurōsu

Whats your setup look like? if you're trying to play using the windowsxp builtin internet connection sharing (your buddy is connecting through your internet connection on your PC), you're more than likely going to have issues because its not using true NAT. If your on a router, I don't know why you would have any problem (I actually do this all the time with absolutely no problems). More info about your setting would be helpful

you need to use different ports, which need to be separately forwarded: for example you have 192.168.0.10 and use 6112, your friend has 192.168.0.20 and uses 6113 (you can pick your desired port in wc3 options). then you would need to forward udp port 6112 to 192.168.0.10 and port 6113 udp to 192.168.0.20.
    When was the last time a commercial airline crashed? (besides 2001) Maybe 1968? Because what they didnt check the planes properly? There will be no Commercial Airline crashes because human error has been taken out of the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows
    ^strong math skills
    100*225= 225 thousand

i think it was through a router but im not sure

Yes, it was through a router.

At work today (D-Link tech support) some guy calls in saying he can't access the internet. I double checked the connections, & find out his modem isn't plugged into his router. I ask him where it is, & he tells me it's 2 floors away. I ask him to plug it in, & the guy starts yelling at me and telling me how D-Link false-advertises its wireless routers... he couldn't connect his modem to his router wirelessly! The moron...

Anyways, do what unsinn said.

Although your IPs are most likely 192.168.x.100 & 192.168.x.101, with the 'x' being either 0, 1, or 2, depending on the make of your router.

Post New Reply

Thread Information