Post New Thread

Thread: dinks on Battle.net & beyond

dinks on Battle.net & beyond

Ok, so I'm playing a pub game hosted by some prick, along with 2 of his buddies. I happen to be on his team. 40 min into the game, he's going like, 0-6, and I'm like, 3-5 (not my greatest performance, but I made crucial plays with Rhasta several times, took out their first mid all alone, and even got KS'd once too, so I was really like 4-5).

I "go out too far" according to them like 5 times (I died 1/5 of them) and he says "last warning" (by the way, by "out too far", he meant past the second tower, not even halfway to river... what an idiot, I'm a disabler and I can handle potential gank at that distance). Once he said "last warning" the second time, I said "until what bitch? I can play how I want, I know what I'm doing. Suck me." Next thing I know (I almost saw this coming), he boots me.

Shows what fucking class the majority of the DOTA community has. Turns out this guy is one of the major providers of banned accts to the DOTA community (or so he claims). He sits there and dictates his bullshit and tells me how to play (with his shit 0-6 record lol) and boots me if I want to play differently. Funny thing is, if it wasn't for me, they would have lost their third mid tower long ago (it was still up when I got booted). I was also instrumental to keeping the 2nd mid tower up for 10 min longer than it should have. Again, not my best performance, but hardly anything deserving of a "warning", let alone getting booted by someone going 0-6.

I'm not exactly mad... I actually don't really care. I just think it's unfortunate when you have idiots ruining this game, just like any other game (say, football, and the recent incidents in the World Cup that I'm sure you've heard of). Especially when you put all this effort into getting good at something and playing hard (like in this game), and some dink who thinks he's superior boots you because he doesn't like your playstyle... that's just bull. Shit & corruption runs everywhere it seems, whether it's abuse of pseudopower (like in this case), or stupid insults thrown at a GREAT player by some immature dink with attitude (a la soccer).

But in direct relation to DOTA, who knows how many people this dink has booted and banlisted just for not liking the way they play (no matter how good they may be playing).

I just hope the WCR League will be more mature than even the average "upper tier" pub games...

On a positive note, if he has banlisted you, you won't ever have to play with him again. But yeah, a fair portion of the dota players are jerks .

This is a prime example of why I:

a) Always host my own games if playing only with public people and no friends.

b) Always either host the game or have a friend (like Amez, blaze, or Glad) host if we're playing together in a public game.

c) Never play TDA games.

I suggest you adopt similar lines of thinking. Sadly, as much as we'd all love to get rid of idiots like the one you describe, it won't happen, so you just make do on your own. If you can't host your own games, either come and play with us in public or inhouse games, or find friends to host for you.

Joining public games hosted by people you don't know = bad idea.

yea most dota players are assholes. when i was super noob and like fed all the time, people would get mad and insult me. but now that im alot better and i dont die much at all, and get more kills than i get killed, i see other people who suck like i used to, and i help them out, i try to tell em what items to get and abilities and such. im not an asshole like most. fuck you assholes! ^^

Heres my 2 cents:

1. Pubs are pubs some guys are jerks big woop de doo its a game that lasts like 30 minutes at most because pubs never last long anyways. If you choose not to listen to a guy that has a potential custom kick then leave before he kicks you bc hes gonna do it anyways.

2. Agreed TDA's have a bunch of arrogant players but you aren't gonna gain any skill playing in pubs. I normally am ok with it just ignore him finish the game and play another game after hopefully play with players with good reps. I personally camp tda til i see a good player hosting this way you know you will have a good game.

3. Just because 1 guy boots you doesn't mean that every single host is the same way. In all the time i've played dota ive been booted twice both bc of backdooring but i didnt really care bc i knew we wouldve won and i was better than him. You don't need to cry about a crap host that kicks ppl just laugh at him about his poor playing skills.

But then again thats my 2 cents...

Just stop the dota and you'll save a lifetime of headache. I do the occassional inhouse or when people beg me to tag along to scrims... whatever you know? Just ignore the 90% of azeroth 10 year olds that can't handel a loss in some way or another (I'm also referring to those people that put shit in their profile like # of disconnects, bad AT / RT partner playername... etc)

whats a TDA?

Your best bet would be to pm your team so we can play together and so that kind of thing doesn't happen again. I hate playing in pubbies too you know.

TDA = Team/The Dota Allstars (clan tda on US East) they host banlist supported games and allot of the better players will go there if nothing more than for games that people don't leave so readily.

I don't like the way the 'boot' option is set up so only the HOST has to not like you (on either team) to boot you from the game. It would be better if there was a voting option and restricted to whichever team you were on. Its just too annoying to have one person god over the whole game. Then again I'm sure they thought of that and there are prolly some good arguments to have one person be in charge. I've been reamed too many times by HOSTs that get owned eariler and boot the oposite team for giggles.

_SystemShark

Post New Reply

Thread Information