WCReplays.com Community Forums

Go Back   WCReplays.com Community Forums > Warcraft Forums > Warcraft III Strategy

Unread 08-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
Kaldo
100 Point Level

Default DR first or 2nd?

I was thinking of going DR 1st verse night elf because summons are excellent, and if you reach lvl 2 you can get silence which can cancel mana burn. Maybe as a 2nd hero tho? What does everyone else think?
Kaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Akee
200 Point Level

Send a message via MSN to Akee

To be honest, I think that wisps > summons , so you would basically be giving away free experience because a successful detonation can wipe out 10 skellies instantly =/, but using silence + life drain could be interesting/fun to try ^^
Akee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
Kaldo
100 Point Level

Yeah, and if he went mass DoTTs, silence will own. ^_^
Unread 08-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
KhamBloodreign
Out of here!

I`m thinking very hard about using DR first versus Human.
I mean Silence is a heck of a lot more usefull than a Chain Lightning/Wolves versus Casters.
Skellys provide extra meat and make Priests burn their mana and on the initial tower push you won`t be outnumbered so bad with them.
Tc second for serious aoe.
I mean, why not?
I`ll do it and post replays
KhamBloodreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
theboy200
Out of here!

I dont think the DR pairs well with any of the Orc units, and abolish magic/detonate >>>> silence and skellies.
theboy200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
infamous101
100 Point Level

Send a message via MSN to infamous101

I sometimes use DR first vs HU + headhunters, spirit lodge x2 go tier3 and get docs/shams.
Unread 08-15-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
Kaldo
100 Point Level

Would <3 some replays of this strategy being used ^_^
Unread 08-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #8
Raven.Icon
1000 Point Level

DR isnt that useful vs elf on most maps. However vs humans DR is pretty descent.
Raven.Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 05:19 AM   #9
Orcranger
Out of here!

Of course in case enemy is going for hero such as beastmaster or panda DR can be slightly effective with his silence and Black Arrow.
Orcranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #10
IC.Shadow
Cool Like Magess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcranger
Of course in case enemy is going for hero such as beastmaster or panda DR can be slightly effective with his silence and Black Arrow.
Dark Ranger is a girl, dude. I really have no idea how that isn't obvious. Her voice, her attire, and the fact that she has (large) breasts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.Icon
DR isnt that useful vs elf on most maps. However vs humans DR is pretty descent.
Basically, yeah. Aside from facing Human, DR isn't great unless you're facing UD or Orc and are trying to stop hero nukes (Coil/Nova or Chainwave). At least, not for Silence anyways.

She is good for creeping with Black Arrows, and in that sense, can be used against any race (though Wisps own her), but overall, I think she's best used against Human for early pushes.

She is, however, quite good against Necrowagon if that strategy poses a problem for you. Silence the Necromancers and you keep the number of Skeletons to a minimum. The only downside is that Destroyers can Devour the Silence, so don't use Silence when Destroyers are around.

Lastly, if you're facing Human and you have air units, and the Human makes a bunch of Hawks, since Shackles are a spell, you can Silence the Hawks to prevent all of your Wyvern (or Bats) from being Shackled. That is especially effective if you do have a few Bats as you can detonate them on the helpless Hawks.

So, basically, she's a very situational hero. If spells or hero nukes are a big problem, she's worth getting. If not, she's really only good for fast, early creeping.

MMARising.com | News | Articles | Interviews | Rankings
IC.Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 07:33 AM   #11
Orcranger
Out of here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC.Shadow
Dark Ranger is a girl, dude. I really have no idea how that isn't obvious. Her voice, her attire, and the fact that she has (large) breasts...

Basically, yeah. Aside from facing Human, DR isn't great unless you're facing UD or Orc and are trying to stop hero nukes (Coil/Nova or Chainwave). At least, not for Silence anyways.

She is good for creeping with Black Arrows, and in that sense, can be used against any race (though Wisps own her), but overall, I think she's best used against Human for early pushes.

She is, however, quite good against Necrowagon if that strategy poses a problem for you. Silence the Necromancers and you keep the number of Skeletons to a minimum. The only downside is that Destroyers can Devour the Silence, so don't use Silence when Destroyers are around.

Lastly, if you're facing Human and you have air units, and the Human makes a bunch of Hawks, since Shackles are a spell, you can Silence the Hawks to prevent all of your Wyvern (or Bats) from being Shackled. That is especially effective if you do have a few Bats as you can detonate them on the helpless Hawks.

So, basically, she's a very situational hero. If spells or hero nukes are a big problem, she's worth getting. If not, she's really only good for fast, early creeping.
Your intelligence insults me
Orcranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
ZiMMeR-MaN
1000 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcranger
Your intelligence insults me
lol..
I thought you had already done that yourself.
J/K.

Anyhow, I dont think the DR fits in with the orc units as such. I mean, she's ok if you want her as a 3rd hero for silence vs Talons/Necrowagon else she's not that great.

She's excellent in team games though. Since most team games will have casters + the extra skellys make for some nice meat.
Personally DR is best used with UD or Nelf. Orcs should stick to racial heroes or occasionally a tinker for a tower rush vs elves, etc.
Unread 08-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #13
theboy200
Out of here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMeR-MaN
Personally DR is best used with UD or Nelf. Orcs should stick to racial heroes or occasionally a tinker for a tower rush vs elves, etc.

I use beastmaster as orc, i use panda, i use FL, i use naga, Orc can use most tavern heros well, but thats another argument and thread

I think there was some game where somebody got DR second with orc VS human and won (i think it was a shoutcast) but i really just dontlike the feel of the DR with orc units. Orcs arnt particularily good at FF a single unit (grunts mostly) unless you want to just ensnare+surround+dark arrow units until you have a large enough army to fight them. Thats actually a kinda kool idea, but i doubt it would work.
theboy200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #14
Shadotwist
1500 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhamBloodreign
I`m thinking very hard about using DR first versus Human.
I mean Silence is a heck of a lot more usefull than a Chain Lightning/Wolves versus Casters.
Skellys provide extra meat and make Priests burn their mana and on the initial tower push you won`t be outnumbered so bad with them.
Tc second for serious aoe.
I mean, why not?
I`ll do it and post replays
true 15% of time... or maybe like 20%...
Unread 08-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #15
Cea427
100 Point Level

Send a message via AIM to Cea427

I have seen my ClanMate doing fs+dr+windriders silence all the heroes+casters and shoot the casters first meaning no dispel so dunno maybe noobs will fall for it.. :0
Cea427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #16
KhamBloodreign
Out of here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadotwist
true 15% of time... or maybe like 20%...
I`m retarded to DotA atm. :/
KhamBloodreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 02:21 AM   #17
Razamataz
Out of here!

Does necro wagon commonly cause a problem for elf players? I would think not because wisps are fairly easy to mass and detonate?
Razamataz is offline   Reply With Quote