Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiends vs. Archers

Fiends vs. Archers

Hey, I just have a quick question. I normally go fiends/destroyers vs NE, kinda like PhilBot. However, I recently played a NE who went mass archers and some dryads/hunts. Since archers do double both to fiends and destroyers, I was wondering what to do differently. I know aboms were an option but his slow posion were owning them and his mass archers were owning my fiends and destroyers. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help in advance.

100 Point Level

frenzy ghouls with hero nukes.

Archers have the same armor/attack type like fiends, fiends take less dmg from ranged attacks ( so do archers) and dryads take increased dmg from pierceing so finds should win vs archer/dryads especially with hero nuke. If hes massing archers at the start just pump ghouls they rapoe archers with a little micro and coil ....

Naw, archers beat fiends, and dryads actually do beat fiends. DH/Naga rads > DK/Lich fiends. Fiends are just dumb VS NE imo.

lol. Dryads only beat fiends because of heros. 1 dryad<1 fiend unless its trying to run away. But the naga and slow poison will make it impossible for 1 fiend to live. Also believe it or not but archers>Fiends because they take 15% less damage than a normal unit who has normal armor(imba!). So they do more damage to fiends and have hide. But since fiends have more hp(and cost more) 1 fiend will beat 1 archer. But 10 archers(1300 gold 100 lumber) vs 6 Fiends(1290 gold 240 lumber) yes thats only 10 gold less but 140 lumber more. The archers would win hands down probably without losing 1 archer with good micro without any upgrades. Burrow could change this though.

Yeah but you have heros for reasons :0

depends on so many factors, liek if youve got a level 3 dk. what hero they have gone, if they went bm/naga with level 2 bear you are totally fucked. in general fiends are a poor choice to open with vs NE has more drawbacks than benefits

fucking imbalance

what about gargs mate?

whoever if he chose Warden and Panda... dont try to go neither fiends or gargs, he will butcher you... unless youre packed with Hscrolls

Thanks for all the feedback guys. About the gargs.... I don't think that would be a very good idea vs archers, dont gargs take double?

Gargs arnt always about straight up fighting him, they give you map control and can harass wisps so well. But in a straight up fight with nova gargs do beat archers.

100 Point Level

Fiends can work against Night Elf, but its tough to do. Most players go ghouls to gargs against NE and harass like crazy. In general fiends do better than archers early game as you have heal with your DK. Later game, though, they get raped by archers. So you might want to push early tier 2 as fiends work ok against both hunts and archers. Later game, mass archers, possibly w/dotts rape fiends. The best thing to do would be to get the tri-hero DK Lich CL or a neutral hero with area of effect. Impale is really useful against mass tier 1 units.

Fiend vs Archer is micro battle the micro being harder for the fiend user.

Fiends lose to dryads so bad, dryads can just run back, while the fiends cant because of frost arrows and slow poison. Only way to win with fiends VS NE is philbot style with a tier 2 towering

Attack upgraded fiends can beat dryads because the dryads will take too much damage with FF(they take extra damage from piercing) and the orb makes them drop like flys. I just like cookie-cutting i guess.

Dryads > Fiends in general IMO.

- Dryads are faster (Though with DK's aura, thats a diff story)
    -Dryads have slow poison, so they can retreat easily if focused. But the UD cant, and fiends will get picked off easily with hit and run.
    - Cant nuke Dryads, but fiends will get owned by spell (acid bomb/haze/random, wateva) + Dryad focus very quickly.

^^If all your fiends focus just one dryad at a time even with out orb one volley would kill one dryad if you built enough fiends. Once the shots are fired it doesn't matter if the dryad runs it will still get hit hard. It's really important to upgrade attack instead of armour because dryads dont really do that much damage.

Fiends don't take double damage from archers, in fact they take REDUCED damage from archers.

fiends > dryad, but the cost is diff. so basically dryad > fiend.

beh fiends are better anti air, fiends can burrow and get healed by your dk fiends deal bonus damage to dryades dryads deal reduced damage do fiends- poison is the dryades only advantage.

I think we can say fiends are a counter to dryades

fiends arent good vs heavy air no, dryads cant get touched by magic dmg.

And dryads beat wyverns as well, i know, its a bitch.

Post New Reply

Thread Information