Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Proper (and improper) hero choice

Video Producer

Your logic is very strange, really. Having a skill that isn't just nullified, but actually becomes a way for your opponent to heal up his units, and deal extra damage to you, doesn't seem very good to me. Burrow is easily countered by dust/any AoE spell anyway, and undead can use web/a gargoyle/a destroyer to kill it for practically free xp.

200 Point Level WinningIsMyGame's Avatar

Actually it is nullified =/. Read over what I said again. Burrow/Web cost alot of Gold and Lumber just to overcome the hawk? Yes it is imbalanced. Hawk is like a free dusk,reveal, plus insane magic damage vs Abom,Ghoul,Obsidian statues. It does like 58 max at lvl 3.

Video Producer

Yes, it's nullified, and more. Summoning it actually HELPS your undead opponent.

58 magical damage at lvl 3 is very nice. But since you're using a dh/panda, your chance of getting lvl 5 on your bm before he gets out destroyers isn't very good. And at that point, the undead will laught at your useless strength hero, who has nothing but skills that heal his destroyers and give them bonus damage.

The hawk has very low hp, meaning that at lvl 2, while yes, it's a nice unit to kill ghouls with, if your opponent has any aa at all, it's just feeding him.

200 Point Level WinningIsMyGame's Avatar

Ecto my good sir, you are drunk. Not talking about vs ghoul, vs fiend. And the damage in general is too much.

Video Producer

I was talking about the hawk vs undead in general, not just vs a fiend builder.

But versus fiends, the hawk is even less useful. If he gets web (which he probably won't, though) it'll just die, and even if he doesn't, the hawk doesn't deal a lot of damage to medium armor.

All in all, beastmaster is nice versus undead in early game, but when destroyers come out, he's simply a five-food bear who can carry and use items.

Besides, if I could simply research a technology to remove frost nova or death coil, I'd do in every single game.

Post New Reply

Thread Information