Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: spell breaker: control magic

spell breaker: control magic

do any of you get this anymore? Ever since they chged it so that the stealing depends on the current hit points (it used to be based on the mana needed to cast that spell), i never get it.

Because seriously, all you can steal are wards, because of sb's mana pool being 250.

Most of the summons in the game have more than 250hp so the only way to steal the summons is to take them down below 250 hp, but by then it'll be useless anyways

I used to love it back when it was based on mana it needs to cast, so like I would just steal all the level 3 water elementals and wolves! ahhh fun times.

You could never steal level three water elementals. I don't even think you could steal level two water elementals.

you can be4 they chged it?
    the cast of water is always 125 mana regardless of the level, and sb has 250 mana pool, therefore he can steal it??

now u gotta dmg the summons (regardless of lvls) below 250 hp for sb to steal (given that ur sb has full mana which usually is prob not the case)
    No?

400 Point Level

What exactly is the Hp/Spellbreaker's mana ratio when stealing summons?

the mana it takes to steal a summon is the equivalent to the summons' CURRENT hp...

This is liek the 3rd time i've said it lol....

well...i dont even remember that ...but sounds imba to me, prolly why blizz fixed it now. I personally dont use it anymore, cuz it requires t3..and by the time i get to t3....there's a small chance im still using breakers ...or even care about a water elemental :P

400 Point Level

Well, they nerfed it big time, pitty.

very true, although it's still useful for stealing wards, not so much summons unfortunately.
    It seems like a lot of people were born in the same year as Jesus Christ. Although it would seem obvious since many people on this board are doing 4.0 GPAs in an ivy league school while dating a model and running 4 minute miles.
    Epic Replays

www.dbelldesign.com.au - web design and development

www.csgoreplays.com - CS:GO Replays, A Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Community

It's still very useful for wards. Stealing full-life lvl 5 summons would be a bit imba anyways.

you don't have to hurt it below 250, it can work on level 2 waters that are barely hurt, but I forget the exact math behind it. (maybe it's 1 sb mana for every 2 hp the summon has, but this is just a guess)

1000 Point Level

ya thats what i was thinkin axslav

i just didnt wanna say it cuz i thot i was wrong =S
    The ones in the CIA

That would be awesome if they brought it back, but the logical side of me says "omfg dude why did you just say that you would get so pwned." Basically spell breakers looks awesome so I guess its fair? lol.... *ramble ramble*

400 Point Level

Quote Originally Posted by Axslav24Q7
    you don't have to hurt it below 250, it can work on level 2 waters that are barely hurt, but I forget the exact math behind it. (maybe it's 1 sb mana for every 2 hp the summon has, but this is just a guess)
    Hey, that's good news! That is why I insisted asking for details. I too was remembering that, but not good enough to say it as a fact.

This is an awesome spell vs a DR's skeletons.Once i played 48 lvl guy on echo isles,he towered me and took control of all my skeletons...However this spell suck and needs a buff, i dont find it useful vs other summons...

Control Magic
    Give Spell Breakers the ability to take control of enemy summoned units. The spell's cost is relative to the current hit points of the target.
    Research Cost Researched At Requirements Upgrade Time
    75 75 Arcane Sanctum Arcane Vault, Castle 45 sec.
    Duration Cooldown Mana Cost Range Area of Effect Allowed Targets Effect
    60 sec 5 sec. Varies 70 Unit Air, Ground, Friend, Enemy, Neutral, Summoned, Ward Takes Control of Summoned Units

Control Magic Information
    You can control enemy Orc wards!

Mana cost is .45 mana per hit point.

Spell Immunity

Before, it was based on max health, not mana. Spellbreakers never have enough mana to use this skill, even if the opponent has summons that it can be used on.

Actually if the spellbreaker mana is buffed by 100 that spell will be used a lot like in 1.14

stealing summons is useless cause once you make it below 250, the other person can just easily kill it..

PaidiA - Chapters 1-21 (Completed)
    PaidiA II - Chapters 1-3 ONLINE
    Nakumura IV: Let's Play! -

Out of here!

spell breaker are already ultra powerful, complaining that they cant steal 700hp summons is crazy...

with .45 mana per hit point a full spellbreaker can actually get a 555 hp summon.
    Which is a level three wolf, not to bad i'd say.

Post New Reply

Thread Information