Post New Thread

Thread: Dreadlord in 3v3

100 Point Level

Dreadlord in 3v3

I have played a few solo Dreadlord RT games for fun and I have to say the DL has become one of my favorite heroes. It's so rewarding when he hits level 6 and you can suddenly singlehandedly change the game.

I have trouble deciding what units to support him with though. I'm talking 3v3 here so ghouls tend to die very fast at a certain point in the game.

If using ghouls to begin with, what should I tech to? Is vamp aura necessary with ghouls or can I still go the sleep/CS/sleep/CS/CS/Inf route?

Is going fiends a viable option with the DL? In my experience the DL creeps quite fast with Rod+sleep+fiends. Then the skill choice for the DL could include carrion swarm instead of vamp aura. Carrion swarm is pretty respectable at levels 2 and 3 and could make the DL more useful in large fights before he reaches level 6.
    Is vamp aura too good for your team to pass up even though you're not going melee yourself? Someone has to have melee...

I like the idea of quick-teching to wyrms when going solo hero. Which is a stronger combo in RT games wyrms+fiends or wyrms+gargs?

Lots of questions I know, and of course every game is different. Just looking for some general advice regarding the DL in team games.

The fact that you are playing a 3v3 means that auras will be more important then any single active skill. Carrion swarm is one of the most underpowered skills in the game currently, the damage cap is bad enough for 1v1s let alone 3v3s, this skill won't have a huge impact in large team games. Sleep is always annoying and given the lag from large battles can be very hard to stop. It also neutralises those annoying ultimates such as starfall.

If i was using a solo DL in a team game i would probably just go ghouls --> gargs and let an ally get the heavy air. Wyrms are a possibility in a long game as well but require a lot of resources/time and don't benefit from any of the DLs abilities. You can always get aboms against a ground army, aboms and banshees works as ams effectively adds 600 hp to aboms against heavy air (it blocks 300 reguardless of armor types) giving more time for you to kill the ground ranged units while your allies anti air can take care of the heavy air.

a good strat i saw is 2 orc 1 ud with solo blades+dl, basically the orcs feed the ud to do a MAGA ghoul rush, then come back with mass gargs, then later mass wyrms

u MUST get the melee in most situations cuz if ur creeping and sum1 atks ur allies base, he doesn't have vamp aura till u tp. also in team games (3s,4s) it is essential to get the auras cuz thats wut wins those games

dreadlord in 3on3 has got a few amusing possibilities:

a.) his aura works great with the "Frenzied aboms combo" to provide a sheerly invincible meatshield. - also other melee allies benefit

b.) Air air battles containing gargoyls or an ally's hippos will benefit a lot

c.) Carrion swarm level 2 can kill tons of whisps in a single shot.
    - if you utilize this when harassing an enemy's gold mine or lumber you can damage your enemy - hopefully during a tech GREATLY

d.) 3on3 battls tend to lagg and be rather chaotc. - Your enemy will have problems aiming his heroes to dispell sleep

200 Point Level

Obviously it depends on what your allies are getting, but I think the long term unit mix of any UD should be some combination of: fiends, statues, dests, aboms, wyrms.
    And your DL should be vamp and CS.

Of course you can get sleep early game because it helps with creeping, defending, and harassing, but make sure you retrain to CS/vamp late game when those skills become exponentially more important and sleep less so.

Post New Reply

Thread Information