Post New Thread

Thread: Terenas Stand my Orc mirror mystery

Terenas Stand my Orc mirror mystery

Has anyone a clue what makes this map so special in Orc mirror?
    When I watch pro gamer replays of Orc mirror on it, I never see a fast tech but everything else.
    From FS/SH to FS/FL and BM/SH everything is done on this map even mass Raiders.
    Everything but the fast tech to FL.

I lose often on this map to fast techs and I just want to know why pros see it as a mistake and how to capitalize off an opponent going for a late rax fast tech.

So far I`ve been thinking that there`s three major points making it different from Echo Isles on wich fast tech is standard:

1. The effective travelling time between both spawning points is just as long as on a Twisted Meadows close spawn or a Turtle Rock far spawn.

2. The creeps are very easy to kill and won`t cost you much hp and due to point 1., you are unable to keep your opponent from reaching level 2 if you go straight for a harrass.

3. The item drops on this map are very beneficial for the Blademaster and the Shadow Hunter. They drop +3 stats items/+6 claws/Invu, Health, mana pots and Shadow Cloaks.

So is it that if you fast tech and arrive with your Far Seer to harrass you can straight piss off or lose your Far Seer if the opponent goes Blademaster, he can creep on to level 3 and intercept your Firelord at the Tavern pick up or what?
    Because you don`t see the Blademaster there every game, I doubt that.

However I don`t get it and thanks in advance if someone`s able to explain it to me.

Interesting points you raise. I can't remember the last time I watched an orc mirror on TS. I would think that a fast tech isn't a good option because as you mentioned the traveling time to the opponent is vast (crossing either bridge etc.. takes ages) if you're going to harass. Also take into account how close the creep camps actually are, it's a super quick level 2 if done right and even a quick level 3. I guess a lot of top class players don't do a fast tech because they prefer to play it safe? Something to think about anyway!
    It seems like a lot of people were born in the same year as Jesus Christ. Although it would seem obvious since many people on this board are doing 4.0 GPAs in an ivy league school while dating a model and running 4 minute miles.
    Epic Replays

www.dbelldesign.com.au - web design and development

www.csgoreplays.com - CS:GO Replays, A Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Community

200 Point Level

I think it is mainly coz you can't stop lvl2. A solo fs vs a lvl2 bm is :S and the only way you could stay alive to make any sort of push would be to buy boots and salves and then you aren't going to be able to buy the fl at the start of your tier2 and he should be able to creep his bm or fs to lvl3 while you are running away in which case your push would be easily stopped. But idk for sure why but i tend to bm/sh or fs/sh on this map.

Yeah the creeps are too easy and you get lvl 2 without a problem. Actually without a harass you get lvl 3 before T2 and that changes a lot. The other thing is that the gold and lumber distances are pretty bad so if you fast tech, you'll almost certainly have lumber problems if the opponent comes to harass after he reached lvl 2. And then without lumber at T2, you'll lose any advantage from the fast tech.

i usually have no trouble against a bm harass on my wood peons, if he gets banged up enough I can try tier 2 push him without the fast firelord, if his shop goes down its basically gg

bladey with early grunts are killer on this map due to that aforementioned lv 2 and those easy ass creep camps. much better ti stay with bm sh grunt raider kodo walker than the fs fl putsch. takes such a long time to get to the opponents base.

did your mountain giant suck her moonwell dry?

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

Simple, you can't pull off a harass that will keep him from getting level 2 (maybe you can, but generally you can't), so the best option is to get level two yourself. Fast tech is viable, but creep control on this map is more important really.

Post New Reply

Thread Information