Post New Thread

Thread: weak race?

weak race?

im a night elf player and still interested of playing as human.. I wonder why most people say that human race is weak or the least powerful also mentioned by jaczie in one of tod's game, Is it theyre units which i dont think so because all units are balanced or the race is just hard to micro just like orc? hope you could answer my noob question because i think human race is fun to use and powerful.

Personally I think that Human has alot, if not the most potential. If you know how to play human. And if you think human is fun to play and powerful as you state in your post you should give it a try.

archis

i play human becouse they have many different usefull units adn becouse of that strategies. Not like UD, whos only goal is to go tier3 and make destro and sourcers are using once in 100years, Offcourse human units are low hp, but its fun

They are "weak" because they are harder to play in a sence that you have to do things that other races do but better and do some extra stuff also, on the other hand once you have mastered these is just as the same as another race. Examples of why human is "weak": slowest units in game with low hp, althou they have priests and mk, hit and run > hum, they have means of countering each type of unit with several units but each of this units sucks for other purposes, examples: tanks (usefull only against buildings and mb vs air if you have enough but again ... mobility > tanks and actually human overal), riffles (good only vs hunts, versus fiends/ghouls/grunts/raiders/air the same mobility problem and without the range upgrade they suck even more), casters (easy to use, hard to master slow and heal autocast and infinit mana, however any aoe hero spell that reaches lvl 3 is a killer to them), probably the best army sinergy but imposible to get to the perfect army in a solo game (vs a mass bear / dry the best counter would be some knights/gryphs/morts however you need 3 different buildings for these and the units are more expensive and individualy weaker then the nes), AM (hard to be kept alive but probably the best creep/support hero), base (human bases are the most exposed to peasent harras, however they compensate this with militia and towers, but in putting up towers without a expo you give your enemy map control for free because in under 50 pop armies humans suck ass, thats why top players use summon heroes/militia/trushes to compensate this flaw). Also Human needs the most macro, you have a lot of buildings to put up in the right position, a wrong placed farm can give you headaches if the enemy knows how to exploit it, ls attacks are hard to defend even by pros, after having 1-2 expos you must spend all ur gold asap on units and spam training orders the whole game/don't forget to put up farms etc... This and a lot of other aspects make the human a "weak" race as people would call it but IMO human just needs to do more things to fight enemies toe-to-toe or lame_strat to win. However if you DO manage to make very few mistakes and be able to master the humans, you will give your enemies an attack ground beating in the last fights (80 vs 80 food attack ground with gyro knights / sb casters morts / mass air and just using spells).

reason human are consided weak is like what LordJeril said they have low hp and are very immobile. u will notice that if a fight starts and the human army is not postioned right then they will most likely lose and its alot harder to get into a good position because of there slow speed.

hrm human is considered weak cause of their "humaness" and they dont have racial abilites as the other races lol. and not many people play them so yeah thats another thing.. think of them like the terran from sc... who are strong if used correctly but otherwise considered weak as well.. if u use them right though then human can dominate, esp in FFA

they're weak because they have waeker units in my opinion ...and usually the way you can win is either pull up and economic advantage or do a t2 push ....which of course the 2 biggest advantages HU have. So...I disagree to everything is balanced whatsoever...but they are ways to win, just have to know what to do.

100 Point Level

Humans do not have the overwelming power of other races.

Ex: Bears/Drayds (no, do not start an imbalanced debate.)

But, humans have the power to counter anything thrown at them. They process the power to counter powerful land units, armies of casters, devestating air attacks, ect. Humans can gather more gold than any other race quicker. They have the best base defence, imo, which is towers, and the hard-as-hell-to-destroy farms.

Most of all, though, they have the Archmage, which has the best aura in the game: Brilliance aura. Combine this with a Mk, Pally, and casters, and you have a devestating army. You will have armies of Elements, bolts flying, pally healing your units, and infinite mana for your casters. They switch to mass ghouls? No problem. Add in griffins and retrain your elements into blizzard. What about the gold issue? Thats why humans have the ability to fast expo.

Humans are very underestimated by many people. They dont realize the full potential of this powerful race. The problem is that it will take you a long time to learn this race. You are going to need to have your macro and micro at 100%.

Human is considered weak because UD walks over, morphs destroyers, and wins.

I was just thinking about this before i read the thread. Personally i play human because is the only race that stays somewhat true to Warcraft 2.

LordJeril made a perfect example of the negatives. I also believe humans still have undescover pontential.

they're just harder to macro, imo

Human has a crap Tier 1.
    If you suck, chances are good you lose the game in the first ten minutes.
    Their Tier 2 is comparable to Orc though imo and they have a fantastic Tier 3.
    It also looks like they can counter everything with their huge arsenal of units-

for my personal opinion human is the strongest race except that they don't have something really that strong to oppress the others
    when you are human you've got to have the apm,stratagies and skills.

and human for me is more of countering to your opponents army
    and human i think has almost all ways of countering opponent army
    ^_^

Well i personally have played human the most of all races - however my win % with them is beneath 50%.

I would however not call them weak by any means. Weakness would mean inferiortiy which certainly would be wrong. (specially considering the success human players are having in tournaments recently)

The human army is indeed slow. - sorceresses in some way even out this disadvantage.
    The human army is also Soft. - you cut in and the power flows out. - priests are meant to harden your skin-
    however they don't quite cut the crap. Generally you can outdo physical attacks utilising your amor and healing abilities. -- however herospells will wrack havock.
    - here i don't agree with many of the others. - it is very micro intensive to get your priests and sorcs to a certain extent too out of the line of fire.- you need less apm since you will treat the caster types as a whole - still it requires tons of attention

The human army does arguably posess the greatest siege abilities in the game. (of course orc is kinda impressive too)
    - as the other's said - you generally can counter everything.

The human army is due to their fraility very very costy. - you will run out of gold easily if your enemy hit and runs.

Basically i agree with what has been said before ..

Human is situational imo. Very strong at some things, very weak at other things. Say for example that a human finds an elf creeping with his aow when he scouts... Free win right there : )

- From the official Blizzard Strategy Guide

"I respect the differences between religions, but if you believe in any of it you're a moron. Because basically it's people talking at lenght with their imaginary friend."

- Dylan Moran

militia also lose their effectiveness late game, in hu vs orc anyways, although in big fights
    i suppose they could absorb some of that chainwave damage but meh

just look at the top players in the world.... Sky won Wcg 2x, Tod second... on Northrend 2 human players were top just a few days ago...Sky rapes Grubby everytime they play... so i think that after elf they are the most powerful race in war3 ... seriously

Post New Reply

Thread Information