Post New Thread

Thread: Question for honda owners

Question for honda owners

I have a 1990 Honda accord.. when the car is shifting gears, the transmission kicks. Do honda models take special trans fluid? thanks

ahhh you got to change that horn fluid.
    I'm letting him [President Obama] off the hook on the IRS thing because not only was the conduct entirely reasonable, it was done by low level subordinates he had not a goddamn thing to do with, and there's been an investigation and pending actions on it internally for a year or more.

my honda sucks = 4 tranny -_-;;

I want to trash my stupid honda. But no cash to by a new car.. sucks being a poor student.

My family owns a Honda Civic and an Acura TL.

My car was stolen and broken into within a year... the 2nd time they left my car sticky ...

Changing the fluid may or may not fix the problem. Usually on old cars you have to rebuild the tranny. Hondas last a long time, how many miles on your it? 150k?

One time someone tried to use a screwdriver in place of the key. They were unsuccessful, but it cost like 300 bucks to put in a new lock.

My 97 does the same thing, its called slipping. When it shifts gears it doesn't go strait into the higher gear but rather revs up real quick then shifts. It's a pain in the ass, you lose power + fuel economy, have a mechanic check it out.

when it kicks... it doesn't mean its slipping. i think you got it mixed up quakers. i have a 96 civic with like 208k miles... it drives fine and gets 25ish to the gallon which is quite good. most old cars obviously can't be in mint condition especially when they are that old... a kick when it shifts gears just means it doesn't shift smoothly... that can be all but ofc it can be other things. but that definitely doesn't mean its slipping. slipping is FAR worse.

Post New Reply

Thread Information