Post New Thread

Thread: Medievil II: Total War Question

Medievil II: Total War Question

I'm thinking about buying this game and playing it with my brother over LAN. Will one CD work so long as we don't go online at the same time?

For the first medieval total war you needed different cd-keys on both, however i can't speak of #2. (in anycase, im sure you could find/borrow a banned/otherwise key that will still let you play on lan, but not online on one computer.)

I think it's fine. I just opened the game to check, and it doesn't even ask for the key. In fact, you don't need the cd-key to install, only to play online.

I always couldn't finish the game. It would end up in massssssssssss rebellions and stuff. It was really T_T, since some countries were fixed to rebel no matter what I did.

religion is the key. Build mass priests etc and lower the tax in critical areas.
    And always keep a small Army around, consisting of peasants and some cavalery. The peasants because they are 100, so it lowers the risk of riots an the cavalery for destroying riots. There are nations that come back more often than others, for example the pope, you need a very strong army there all the time. As soon as you have ~60% of the map you need to stop expanding, then you should be teching heavily and keeping your enemies on a low standard with your assassins.

The Pope always comes back, no matter what. Other kingdoms will only come back if they have an underage "prince" in the family.

I also never managed to finish the game, but it's just because the battles were too massive for me near the end. Medieval is much better than Medieval II, and it gets so much better with the XL or BKB mods.

I liked Poland the most. Italy had a totally different playstyle than most of the countries.

i've eliminated milan with venice in one round.... i really like venice but right now im trying to conquer everyone with scotland

Post New Reply

Thread Information