Post New Thread

Thread: So, I saw Wolfmother live

So, I saw Wolfmother live

Jesus, Mary and Josef.. What a performance! I have been in love with their album for the past 4-5 months, but Wolfmother are a powerhouse live. Andrew Stockdale was born to be a rock star! His vocal performance was as flawless as it is on the studio recordings, and some of his guitar solos left me literally heaving for my breath. You gotta love that afro.

All in all, it was an awesome mix of mind-numbing rock'n'roll "rawness" and long, almost psychedelic passages that could have just as well been performed at a Zeppelin concert in the 70's. Hell, they even played a Communication Breakdown cover for good measure. I loved how all three of them just poured their amazing enthusiasm over the entire crowd, the drummer even got a bit moved after the last song. The venue was relatively small (like 500-600 people) which worked really well with that type of show.

If you enjoy the album, you MUST see these guys live if you have an opportunity. Anyone else seen them play and share my views?

no but id like to, )=

"Shes the woman ya know what i mean
    you gotta listen, please, listen to me,
    shes gonna set you freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" i think the lyrics are right xD. but anyways i so hope they come to the states!
    No srsly, it was posted in the WoW forums, but no one ever goes there, right?

i like they're music, would be an interesting band to see live

Well I would agree.

I saw them after smoking a lot of bud and we were in party mode, a few beers deep as well.

I wasn't a fan, but the leag guitarist played some PAGELIKE riffs (as in Jimmy.) I'm talking 7 or 8 minute sessions. It was epic.

Wolfmother, despite the screams of sellout, are a decent band. I do think they have sold out in some respects, but most of their music they've been playing since they were an unknown band. I own the album and other than the singles that I'm sick of fucking hearing, I think it's a rocking album.

I hate those trend whores who instantly reject music that is popular. Pisses me off.

Post New Reply

Thread Information