Post New Thread

Thread: Replay pack project [Support]

Replay pack project [Support]

Hello everyone, nice to meet you and I hope to be welcomed here.

I've been playing warcraft for two months or so now and I believe I've got the basic stuff. I still forget things and all but... Anyway, what I had in mind was to ask you guys for help in the creation of a replay pack for starters at the game, with replays that you guys consider must see, replays answering the usual doubts of beginners (like huxhunts, huxud strats, how to counter orcs correctly, how to handle bears and dryads, those things), and replays teaching technics like Super-creeping, fast expanding in certain maps, and other things that troubles humans.

We also could make this a cooperative topic, so when someone had troubles with something he could ask for replays of you or someone dealing with it.

I don't know much, if anything at all, about humans yet, so the replays I had in mind for the pack stand around this:

-"Must see" Replays (Awesome and/or historical HU matchups) [In this I really can't do anything since I don't have much experience, so I'm counting on you, veterans.]
    -How to handle well UD harass-to-destros
    -How to handle NE mass T1
    -How to counter ORC before he gets enough SW / or if he gets lots of SW
    -Mini-replays teaching super-creep and fast expanding in the most common maps (Turtle Rock, Twisted Meadows, Terena Stand, etc)
    -Eccentric strategies [THAT ACTUALLY WORKS, PLEASE]
    -Suggestions on what more?

I would prefer it to be replays of yourselves playing instead of pro players, except for the "must see" ones of course, would make it more sympathetic. Also, you guys playing against other players, not the computer, please.

If you guys like the idea, please send suggestions and replays so I can organize them.
    For the quantity, let's try to make it one or two replays for each "topic", so it doesn't become impossible to watch every replay of the pack. If you are going to create the replay, you could warn here before so that troubles like people making replays about the same things don't occur.

I really appreciate any cooperation, and if something like this has already been created, I sincerely apologize and hope for you to post the link to it.

About patch problems, I would make a tutorial of how to switch versions of the warcraft using blizz reseter or ever-craft so that it doesn't become a problem for you guys. I would also give the links and all that.

Thank you for the attetion and hope for answers!
    Last edited by Nikoan; 02-21-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Hmm if youre looking for a replay pack consisting of pros playing, it will be hard, since you wont find the efficient amount of replays too cover your requirements since patch 1.21 is rather new.

Sigh, I can see nobody read the topic.

it would take a big effort but good idea

When I get home ill throw some replays at you, so in about 7-8 hours =p. I have some good ones with orc and ud. but I do have a few with human to.

EDIT- Where is my picture like why dont I have one lol!

Is it based of posts or how long you have been a member?

1.21 patch kinda makes this thread fail ;dm and WB.Schweickart you need to click the "Quick links" thingy on the topper right of the page and select "Edit Avatar".

my replay packs own, or at least im told they do.

Yea really, if you want everything you listed, just watched shadow's replay pack. It's gosu

You're asking a topic that can take up 5 threads with 20 posts in it lol...all the match ups with each race is unique ...so its really hard to tell u what to do or whats the standard strats ....I just suggest watching replays from the pros and stuff and learn what "standard" is ....and alter the strat to fit ur best playing style.

Post New Reply

Thread Information