Post New Thread

Thread: Groupings (several)

Groupings (several) - i'm not asking what your groupings look like:)

so as most of you have a meele group a caster group etc.
    i wanted to know what you think about my groupings

i as an orc have a group for each type of unit

f1 f2 heros (and only with f)

1 grunts
    2 raids
    3 kodos or sw or schams or wyver
    4 katas
    5 bats

3 and 4 get mixed up due to the unit combo because of the mu

so i can always use every skill just with group hotkey+ y (customkey vor first spell)

while walking arround i normally double klick a group key and then manual send them in 1 or 2 groups with a click to where i wanna have them.

your opinion on this?

/edit title because of "use search"
    Last edited by trainingdays; 03-07-2007 at 11:08 AM.

50 Point Level

to hard to move the army

Don't use more than 3 groupings for you army, and keep your heroes in a ctrl group would be my tip.

too hard to "dance"

mmh as is said you can with manual and just for that case marked groups move the whole army

and "to dance" ? i can actually use skills faster and the normal movment in battle is made without groups or?

and 3 groups , reasons? ^^

coz is easier to move 3 groups instead of 5 >_>, and with 3 groups you can sort:
    1) melee
    2) ranged\caster
    3) siege

or customize them as the game needs to

Pretty generally, I keep my A-Move units in group 1, and my FF units in group 2. In games where it's worthwhile (generally FFA, really), I put my heros in group 1, and the above stated groups in 2, 3 respectively.

When if at all possible, I limit my # of control groups to just 1, which is a real stress reliever and micro help. When necrowagoning, on the other hand, I'll be using anywhere from 3-6 control groups, which sucks, but does get the win very handily.

But it's neither. Its final fantasy 7, a book that you read on your 12inch 50hz television.

but when you walk from somewhere to somewhere else you can just make a square and send the army and if its to big make a 2. square

meele group raider attack different targets then melee group grunts often

same with caster and range units (magic/piercing)

and if you don't use single units and instead whole groups in battle i think the bigger the groups are the less effecitve they become

indeed i had problems to instantly positioning units when i meet the opposite army unexpected but a-click walk solved:P

Use the search buttons, there are at least 12 topics off the exact same subject -_-;

mmhh dunno maybe their are but as far as i`ve found them they were all about 3 groups and melee hero is in group 1- as i sayed it in my first post

edit/ + on my last post, you could also range hero/casters /units make melee untis follow so they are behind them an then you control only meele hero grunts to walk the rest follows

ctrl-groups are mostly a matter of preference, as most will agree.

However, one thing I would recommend is putting your heroes in with your initial ctrl-group (most people use 1). Especially with orc, this makes putting healing salve on your units MUCH easier and MUCH faster. It can also help you use your abilities quicker if your two heroes are in the same ctrl group

You're basically dealing with 7 control-groups...

8 if you count production buildings, 9 if you count peons, 10 if you have 3 heroes

Keeper of the Groove

tip to #1

what i did was have heroes + units in 1 + 2 for easy mass movement and split individual types in the rest

e.g.

1 hero + foots
    2. casters(no priest)
    3. breaker
    4. priest(Follow hero)
    5. sorc
    6. mort(follow hero)

etc etc

so you can move everything in few clicks, but also have access to individual unit types

hey whatever works for you but personally i only use 3 groupings like everyone else suggests.

Post New Reply

Thread Information