Post New Thread

Thread: Audio help plz

Audio help plz

Whenever i try to make an audio the recording gets a little bad. If im just screwing around and singing a song the quality is great. But when i try and make an audio commentary, while having warcraft open, i get little scratchy sounds in it. If i say something like hello, then it sounds like H-ello with the - being a high pitch screech. I'm sure its not my mic, because ive tried 3 different ones, and they still have the same effect, and one of the mics i used was a 150$ headset. Hopefully you understand what im talking about lol, and could help me solve this problem.

could possibly be ram or your sound card
    what program do you use? and perhaps you could upload one of your flawed recordings, because of the clarity contrasted with the "scratchiness" of the recording when warcraft is open, I really think it has something to do with the specs of your comp as far as the multitasking of programs and stuff

JokerZ

Are you running any programs in the background such as MSN or Xfire, or anything that makes even a small sound. As sounds like this often come out in large scales on audios - speaking from personal experience.

I'm Only running wc3 and audacity when i try to make an audio. I think lovedrug could be right about the problem aswell

Audio Commentator
    Oranginal Gangsta

ok well I had that problem too, it sounds like its skipping right? good :P if not ignore this:
    increase your audio latency, and by that I mean open audacity go Edit-Preferences
    Now go to the audio input/output (sometimes called Audio I/O) and there is a box called latency, you want to increase the audio buffer value. Keep doubleing it until it starts to not skip. Don't worry about Latency correction unless you're trying to sync multiple audio tracks together.

Thanks for all your help guys. <3 Orange

Plss can u tell me what programs should I use for an audio commentary? plss guys I really want to make one

Audio Commentator
    Oranginal Gangsta

Audacity ftw! Either the regular version or 1.3, it doesn't matter but I prefer 1.3.

Just google "Audacity" and a bunch of donwload links will come up, or you can go to downloads.com and go from there.

thx very much I found it, I`ll try to do my best on the audio

Post New Reply

Thread Information