Post New Thread

Thread: Guys, I need help

200 Point Level mylifeyourmovie's Avatar

Guys, I need help

Alright, recently I was reading Dostoevsky's The Idiot, and in part two (footnote 23/24), there is a discussion between two characters that references an Islamic story about Gabriel suddenly appearing before Muhummad, and knocking over a jug of water. Muhummad was then instantly taken to Jerusalem and then the seven heavens, and returned to Earth before the jug of water actually fell.
    What I am looking for/need help with is a couple things:
    1. where (either in the Quran or a specific Islamic text) can I find this story?
    2. are there any comparable tales like this found in the Bible? If so, verse/chapter is helpful.

Thanks a ton ahead of time. Any help/direction you could give me would be appreciated.

100 Point Level

Anything comparable to that exact thing that happened no. But I believe in revelations they talk about how John sees the new Jerusulum being prepared in heaven. Also in one of the Gospels Satan takes Jesus up to a mountain top and shows him all the kingdoms of the world past/present/future and tells him that if he bows down to him he could rule all of them. As for your story no I never heard of similar type story. I guess what I'm asking is what do you consider similar.

Post New Reply

Thread Information