Post New Thread

Thread: Maphack or Greatest Impale Ever?

Maphack or Greatest Impale Ever?

So I was playing a game tonight as Lion with a friend and then our SK or something like that left right away, leaving us at 4v5. I wasn't taking the game very seriously, and I am not good at DoTA anyway (at all), but I was having fun killing shit when at our 2nd top tower the Clinkz from the other team tries to gank someone. So I ran over and tried to voodoo him before he ww'ed away and I couldn't, but he was slowed and I saw which direction he was running in so I guessed at it and threw up an impale, killing the Clinkz. Of course I got all kinds of MH responses, and I probably would've felt the same way too, but I instead pose the question to anyone that would like to tell me what it looks like. Maphack, or just a good guess?

**Just fast forward to 18:30, the game is boring, the other team is trash and so is ours, and I am not, nor will I ever claim to be, good at DoTA.**
    Attached Files

Poetry Contest Runner-Up Bluebamboom's Avatar

I Don't think maphacks can acctualy see through stealth, just uncover the fog of ew9ruiwrjyh3fuyjh3784t6g*HN*)3yn7b4um3e 3qrfd fEF SRTYTUjytf

Sure maphack can see through stealth, u just cant click on an invisible unit u havent revealed, however u dont have to click on the hero to hit with impale.

DOTA is littered with MH

You would be fairly surprised about all the things you can see / do with a maphack. Seeing invisibility would be the least of the features.

MHs can see FoW, Invis, Illusions (they show up like for the allies), their hero icons, their minimap signals, click on units under FoW etc. etc. It all depends on the configuration and type.

On topic. I have killed stealthers and heroes blocked by FoW with Light Strike Arrays, Slaves, Arrows, Impales and what not. Some of them being TOTALY random (i.e. farming a lane), but most being guesses with some luck involved. Most people with at least half a braincell won't complain about if you are playing good enough and actually were able to guess the location of the enemy but there will always be morons whining about it. Just don't take them seriously. It was a good move, end of discussion.

I remember having like 4 blind LSAs in 1 game and people whining about hacks although they were moving so predictably that it made me feel sorry for them... so priceless.
    [23:29:06] <Ralael> learn to play as a team before you play in garena

People are retards in dota - Everyone whinges Map Hack. Hell, even in games like Island Defense and Tree Tag - Not one game goes by where people don't start calling others hackers - Seriously, it's fucking ridiculous the amount of whinging about maphacking there is.
    [21:36] <@SexehSeacow> Gloop is actually pretty funny
    [21:36] <@SexehSeacow> but sometimes he slips
    [21:36] <kuresuti_> right... it does not show up here in the irc
    [21:36] <@Gloop> [10:37] <@SexehSeacow> Gloop is actually pretty
    [21:37] <@Gloop> YEAHH!
    My political, economic and personal blog: http://jazzcriminals.wordpress.com/
    My music blog: http://oneofuscannotbewrong.wordpress.com/

Inexperienced players often assume that anything they can't do themselves = cheating. Granted it doesn't take much to start the blame train going, it's just how it works.

I'd take an educated guess on much of the whining coming from inexperienced players. Example being like a player hoarding runes and constantly ganking, and the other team would be like, "wtf how do you always have runes?" (they spawn every even minute randomly @ top or bottom river locations). If you play ladder games, it would be like someone calling MH because you can tell if the fountain is HP or MP through fog on Gnoll Wood.

Post New Reply

Thread Information