PDA

View Full Version : New Sig

Abuse.Craft
05-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Been working on this for about 2 hours now... kinda new to animating gifs and I wanted some pro oppinions on it. Thanks.

WC_ASD
05-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Well, firstly I have no idea what What Hath God Wrought? means. It's maybe missing some border and the text looks a bit simple. But it loops that's a plus.

Abuse.Craft
05-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Chatlog:

Prince of Perversion: its a famous quote
Prince of Perversion: Samuel F B Morse
Prince of Perversion: the first words to be telegraphed in Morse code
Prince of Perversion: Wrought = Physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or accomplishment of something.
Prince of Perversion: hat has God accomplished/created/done/etc
Prince of Perversion: in my example its asking what has god created because of the tri-abominations in the sig
Prince of Perversion: The War3 Abom, the Abom from Underworld, and myself (Abuse.Craft)

Snowi
05-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Chatlog:

Prince of Perversion: its a famous quote
Prince of Perversion: Samuel F B Morse
Prince of Perversion: the first words to be telegraphed in Morse code
Prince of Perversion: Wrought = Physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or accomplishment of something.
Prince of Perversion: hat has God accomplished/created/done/etc
Prince of Perversion: in my example its asking what has god created because of the tri-abominations in the sig
Prince of Perversion: The War3 Abom, the Abom from Underworld, and myself (Abuse.Craft)

Why too many thoughts around a basic sig o_O

Abuse.Craft
05-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Lol because for me its not basic, Im just learning, but I was trying to explain what the fuck it was to Himura via MSN. It just kinda popped into my head... and I went with it. But that didn't explain WHY I knew what it meant and blah blah blah. No, I didnt have it planned out if thats what your thinking... work as you go. "oh, yeah, that would be nice there" etc.

Snowi
05-22-2004, 03:29 AM
Lol k fair enuff =]

WC_ASD
05-22-2004, 03:32 AM
I thought you explained it to me on MSN :(

VuLLs
05-22-2004, 04:03 AM
koolio sig... i need transitions in mine too. fades own

Abuse.Craft
05-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Lol WC I explained it to you by copy/pasting... I dont type that fast. But if its any comensation, I copied the above log from our chat :P

OneBoredColeman
05-22-2004, 03:00 PM
I would make the "What Hath God Wrought" have a left-to-right fade-in effect rather than appear one at a time. You can do this by placing a layer of pure black, feathered on the left side, and use a movement tweening from left to right, over the text.

Abuse.Craft
05-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Alright coleman... I like that idea. But could you explain that in layman's terms? I am self-taught and I have no clue wtf a tweening is.

Snowi
05-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Tween is that button you press so you get some frames between two states of signature. Like you have with that abo, first state he is out of view, second state you moved him into the center, you did that by pressing the tween button

Abuse.Craft
05-22-2004, 04:44 PM
No I didnt Vag, I did that by manually moving him lol. I did everything in that sig manually, the hard way. -_-

But now I see what tweening is but I need some more details on the feather thing. Thanks for your help guys,

Sapphire
05-22-2004, 05:58 PM
I like it a lot. :)

Abuse.Craft
05-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Thx saph, but what do you guys think of how it is now?

VuLLs
05-22-2004, 10:20 PM
it is are for be da eliteness h4x0rz sig! lmfao...

StrykerD
05-22-2004, 11:26 PM
i like it, the animation is smoother, where the first time i saw it it was all kinds of different speeds.

OneBoredColeman
05-23-2004, 01:28 AM
It's much smoother, but it's also 350 KB... Looks good, though.

Snowi
05-23-2004, 01:45 AM
I'd give it an 8/10, not a 9 cuz I find it rather slow ^^;

Abuse.Craft
05-23-2004, 02:12 AM
Hehe... Hey Vag whats ur AIM / MSN / YIM / ICQ SN? I know you were talking to Vulls lol.

And what do you find slow about it and how can I fix it, and the 350kb bullshit?

VuLLs
05-23-2004, 02:21 AM
? he has yet to talk to me about sigs but um ya im trying to get him in ka hoots wit me so we can make some good slash humorous sigs. ^_^

Snowi
05-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Hehe... Hey Vag whats ur AIM / MSN / YIM / ICQ SN? I know you were talking to Vulls lol.

And what do you find slow about it and how can I fix it, and the 350kb bullshit?

As far as I know I only got one guy from WCR in my msn list, and thats cuz I posted my email in a thread on the official Frozen Throne forums.
I use MSN, I had AIM, but I'm never on, vivex_san@hotmail.com would be it

Ow and how its slow, it takes alot of time before the signature cycle is complete ^^; How to fix that? Hmm dunno, think you should use less frames to fix that, but that could make it choppy, I'd stick with what it is =]

? he has yet to talk to me about sigs but um ya im trying to get him in ka hoots wit me so we can make some good slash humorous sigs. ^_^

See other thread ^^;

VuLLs
05-23-2004, 05:14 AM
well here is the blade i made in photoshop/imageready/paint/maya.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload5/989_copy.gif

i wanna make it sparkle with that ding thing and have blood drip animation.

Snowi
05-23-2004, 06:26 AM
If you can make such swords, I guess blood and sparkles wont be that much of a problem. Just get some blood brushes for PS, and look up a few sparkle tuts on www.tutorialman.com

VuLLs
05-23-2004, 06:53 PM
nice site me gonna make some leet h4x0r sigs now ^_^

VuLLs
05-23-2004, 11:30 PM
ok i've been working on some sigs and trying to merge images and make an explosion and stuff but that site is not very elaborate on tutorials, and im a newbie so um ya here is something im working on. i need a sparkle to run down the blade. and blood dripping animation perhaps.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload5/vulls_copy.gif

VuLLs
05-24-2004, 12:43 AM
here is something i just randomly made up... trying to make shiney starz but dont know wtf im doing. any ideas or help be nice.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload5/vull77_copy.gif

WC_ASD
05-24-2004, 04:40 AM
That looks terrible. Lose everything but the sword and use it as a sig.

VuLLs
05-24-2004, 06:09 AM
That looks terrible. Lose everything but the sword and use it as a sig.

that would be more boring then its current state.
T_T

Quickie
05-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Yeah those are pretty bad. I guess you just need to have a feel of composition and art etc, to be good at this field. You should just practice more, maybe you get the hang of it.

DE_ST1JLINATOR
05-24-2004, 11:30 AM
im in agreeal with quickie, *(awesome sig btw :D)

composition, colours and font seem to be the problem in vulls sig that and u seem to stretch the images making them fat!

abuse.craft wouldnt is alright, animation is cool but i really dont like that framed abomination... u should get some pic of the abom and make it big and colourize it blue and place it to the left

Abuse.Craft
05-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah I didn't like the abom that much myself, I have really been debating over whether I should take him out but noone else had mentioned it. If a few more ppl will tell me their opinions on it I would appreciate it. Yeah, Quickie that is a great sig man. The sheep is awesome. How did you render it? The rest I think I could do with patience lolz. But the sheep is h4x -_-

Ah... Vulls. Get your own thread ;P Nah, seriously though, that sig was crap man... I like the sword but... the rest is boring, not to mention non-aesthetically pleasing to the eye (I use big words because I don't know wtf I'm talking about, btw).

VuLLs
05-24-2004, 07:48 PM
sigh, ya i would have nicer sigs if some one would stfu and help me but noooo.

aka vag4 and abuse craft just ignore me/helping others and give bs tutorial sites that dont fully work. or elaborate on errors

Abuse.Craft
05-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Vulls I give you sites and I tell you to use the F1 index but you seem to want me to do your sig for you. Im not doing that anymore. You have to learn for yourself. I didnt give you tutorial sites, but I think they are a waste anyway... you have to learn this stuff out for yourself, you can't really be taught. I have done what I can, given you the best piece of writing on it there is... the F1 index search. It has everything you need to use the program, and the best part? You press 1 button... F1. Also, I have tried to help you but you get so frustrated you start cussing into incohersion and I get fed up with it. I don't have to help you... I do it because I choose to and I dont think it was the right idea. This stuff has to be learned on your own, with perhaps a little help on the way. Help, not people that will do it for you.

Abuse.Craft
05-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Besides, Im a Fotoshop newb, contrary to my name on HTML Clinic. I can't help anyone, I can barely help myself.

VuLLs
05-24-2004, 09:13 PM
dude u say i have to learn for my self but how out of the thin air?
am i suspose to have genetically code to know it like god?
the f1 button has 9999 crap in there and i dont want to read through it all when u can elaborate on it for like 3 seconds.
i dont get frustrated when it works out n crap. oh well, i've figured it out on my own, and am working on crap.

heres an example
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload5/vullrax_copy.gif

shiver-
05-24-2004, 09:56 PM
well it took me about a month to get okay at photoshop, how long have u been using photoshop?

VuLLs
05-24-2004, 10:03 PM
i've had photoshop for like almost a year. i've not really use it for sigs though. just rendering bs for counter-strike models textures.
thats how i know how to make the sword n crap. but for the special effects thats what i want help on. but you know what i think i've figured it all out on my own just crapin around so forget it. i'll have a sig similiar to dezinans soon nuff.

VuLLs
05-24-2004, 10:26 PM
WOOT I GOT IT TO WORK MUHAHA IM GOD.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload5/vulls-wolf.jpg

shiver-
05-24-2004, 11:11 PM
the wolf looks stretched :/

WC_ASD
05-25-2004, 03:14 AM
Wow Filter-world.

Snowi
05-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Listen you guys, since when did skill come from thin air? Skill comes to practice...
I've been doing photoshop for almost a year now, and when I just begun I made a shit load of signatures, just for the sake of practice

VuLLs
05-25-2004, 12:19 PM
^_^ my new sig = gg to me for now.

Abuse.Craft
05-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Err Vulls... I like the wolf, but kill everything else in that sig... doesnt fit. Make it non-animated. Looks cool. Told you you could get the hang of it man. I had faith in ya ;-)

VuLLs
05-25-2004, 05:46 PM
lol i like the hide yo peasants then bm choppin but uh ya i might make a diff sig of wolfs rain kiba with blooding fangs dripping and transition fade into my name vulls in the bar... and maybe make some snow or moon rising. or make my name shine sparkle with the flares...

dont know any idea's help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

Renatou
05-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey man I make my sig in 3 days of hard work, I drew a lot and read a bunch of tuts, I think you can make a good sig if you really want to make it

VuLLs
05-25-2004, 06:18 PM
nice sig renatou, i know what ya talkin about... 3 days of reading tutorials then finally we can make our own. although i still think ours need work :annoyed:

TeamKILLERo_O
05-29-2004, 03:27 PM
COuld u make me one abuse :)