PDA

View Full Version : Writing department hirings

Ciel
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey all. Once again WCReplays is looking for new writers. Have you longed for your work to be read by thousands? Do you dream of that green name and custom avatar? Well, now's your chance to become a part of the site's evergrowing number of staff. Here's what we need:

DotA Writer
Think Defence of the Ancients is your game? How about enlightening some others with your knowledge and applying for the position of a DotA strategist. A DotA strategy writer should have a keen interest in both DotA and writing, and be able to explore some tactical areas of DotA which some players may not know about.

Example (http://www.wcreplays.com/page?section=articles&id=608)

Strategy Writer
Strategy Writers are the folks who write on Warcraft III. Whether it be theorycraft or explaining the execution of simple strategies, the purpose of a strategy article is to teach others something about the game.

Example (http://www.wcreplays.com/page?section=articles&id=672)

How to Apply

If you're interested, just send an email to ciel@wcreplays.com ensuring that the subject says something along the lines of Writing Application: YourForumHandle. Here's what the email needs to include:

Your forum handle (if you don't have one, you need to make one)
The position you're applying for
A couple of sentences summing up why we should hire you
A sample of your writing

The writing sample doesn't have to be relevent to the position you're applying for, though it can be if you wish. So if you want to submit a Warcraft Strategy Article or an essay you wrote recently, either is fine. If hired, you'd be expected to write at least one article/interview every 2 weeks.

Finally, you should be aware that every staff member here is working on a purely voluntary basis. There are, however, small perks such as gaining access to our exclusive staff forums, getting that green name, and having your writing read by the WCReplays community.

The closing date for all applicants is November 1st. Good luck!

replayers.Pure
10-13-2009, 09:24 PM
How strict is the one article every 2 weeks guideline? I'm thinking about applying but there's no chance in hell I could do more than one a month.

Ciel
10-13-2009, 09:32 PM
How strict is the one article every 2 weeks guideline? I'm thinking about applying but there's no chance in hell I could do more than one a month.

I'll drop you a PM about it.

ShaDoW-
10-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Sent ya an email, Ciel! :)
Would appreciate a reply only whenever youve got time. Otherwise, heck.. forget it! :D

Damn.. didnt follow your guidelines and include a sample of my writing. Oh well, I sent an email anyway.. lol

RedMeansDead
10-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Nice link :)

7smurfs
10-21-2009, 06:34 PM
You know what's awesome? The writing department. Probably the coolest department ever. You get to work for Ciel, who's a total badass. And you get to publish shit. How awesome is that?