PDA

View Full Version : Banner contest

KoD-Dan
07-17-2004, 05:54 PM
**To avoid confusion, Banner = the felgaurd with the words "WCReplays" on the top of every page**

I know there is already a thread on this, I just think that thread went downhill because of miscommunication.

I think a contest for a new banner would be a good way to get the community involved in the website more. There doesn't even have to be any prizes, the winner gets the satisfaction of having their banner on the front page for thousands of people to view. A good way to do this would to have signups, a couple of weeks (or whatever length of time) to get the work accomplished, and then a voting period by the public. Obviously the site owners would have the final say on if the winner is appropriate for the website.

Oh yeah, we'll take down the banner every month, and change the forum colour scheme and entire coding of the site every month. I like that idea.
I'm suggesting only a banner change, a banner that doesn't fit the colour scheme and forums probably wouldn't get voted winner anyway.

I'm not saying this banner is bad, I just think it's nice to have a change once in a while, and a contest would be a good way to do that.

Anyway if this is a bad idea or you think it will cause trouble I can understand not wanting to do this, I just thought I would present the idea formally unlike the other thread with it's confusion.

KoD-Dan
07-18-2004, 12:10 AM
All of my previous suggestions have been denied, but the staff were never rude about it. I don't know what your talking about =/

IC.Shadow
07-18-2004, 01:15 AM
Anymore flame-bait and you're gone for awhile Everex. Seriously, grow up.

KoD-Dan
07-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Anymore flame-bait and you're gone for awhile Everex. Seriously, grow up.

Any comments about the idea though? :(

IC.Shadow
07-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Any comments about the idea though? :(
The thing is it requires a lot of site work, so it's kind of up to siLk/Tank/RainVision, since siLk and/or Rain would probably be the ones implementing the banners, and Tank has made the current one, so he might not care for other ones replacing his.

I am not against the idea. It doesn't matter much to me either way. But I think it's mainly going to be up to the Administration, so you might consider PMing them.

I am sorry for interrupting your thread, but apparently Everex has issues with following the simple Forum Guidelines of this site, so I had to deal with it. Your thread will not be ruined, regardless of whether any Admins post in it or not.

Edit: Your sig is well over 50k. :/

KoD-Dan
07-18-2004, 08:27 PM
I removed my sigs for now to compensate for having them too much for before.

RainVision
07-18-2004, 08:34 PM
The problem is the banner needs to be consistent with the current layout of the site. (purple)

I don’t mind people making one but it takes a long time to stick it up there. All the links would have to be arranged the same as the one now or it would require a coding change. Also the banner on the front page is actually coded into the layout and is just not a banner that you can change. Its my opinion that the banner in the forums and the front page need to be the same or it looks like crap.

Forums
http://www.wcreplays.com/_img/banner.gif

Front Page

http://www.wcreplays.com/_img/banner2.gif

Notice the front page is not just a banner.

KoD-Dan
07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
They look exactly the same to me minus the Shoutcast thing. Anyway if it's too much trouble then the contest doesn't have to be done. I just like suggesting things :o:

RainVision
07-18-2004, 09:16 PM
You missed the point. :p:

Look at the front page banner again then look at the front page. The bottom half of the banner is not a banner. ;)

If you made a banner it would look really odd with that guys hip there dont you think. =)