PDA

View Full Version : GG Alt+Q+Q

Pages : [1] 2

Abused]Shaft
08-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Credit to NoTiG.

Have you ever been in a game and press alt+q+q by accident? I have, and I am sure most people here have also, especially if you bind your nuke keys to Q. This really sucks dick. Well, there is a way to kill alt+q+q. This is how.

Go to http://www.autohotkey.com and download their program. It is free. Install it and such and then go into your warcraft directory. Right-click and go to New --> AutoHotKey Script (.ahk). Name this file AltQQ. Now right click the script again and choose Edit Script. It will bring up a notepad-type window. Clear everything out of this window and insert the following:

; GG Alt Q Q
; By Abuse.Craft
; Thx to NoTiG

#q::Run C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe
!q::send, q

Pressing Alt Q Q will count as just pressing Q. Also, if you press the windows key + Q, it will launch warcraft for you.

NOTE: Right now it may not seem like much, but I will go back and update the code with re-binds for many other keys (such as the inventory keys and such). Please add requests into this thread, and I will get to them ASAP.

AMP
08-09-2004, 05:27 PM
especially if you bind your nuke keys to Q. This really sucks dick.

Real men bind their nuke keys to D. :rockon:

Abused]Shaft
08-09-2004, 05:36 PM

So I'm guessing you bind your nuke keys to W? :lol:

trance
08-11-2004, 03:20 AM
hi about the inventory binds, id love to see them, something that can work with keycraft design layout would be nice.

xHS
08-11-2004, 12:36 PM
I would like new inventory keys for items.. :D

Abused]Shaft
08-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Okay guys lol... what keys would you prefer the inventory keys to be? I need some ideas, and trace, sad to say but I dont manage/edit keycraft so I cannot implement through them. But, I CAN setup multiple configs, and custom ones, just request them... Im not creative enough to come up with them so just tell me what you want and I will try. ^.^

Phat Phire
08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
i dont know if its possible, but i would prefer if inventory was t y g h b n, because of the way my hotkeys are :S

Dominium
08-11-2004, 06:14 PM
i dont know if its possible, but i would prefer if inventory was t y g h b n, because of the way my hotkeys are :S

Key craft? ;o

Abused]Shaft
08-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Alrighty Phire, Im trying hard on your code... but the program is generating an error as of right now, so Im going to have to work a way behind it. I will have it posted for you ASAP though

And Demon, keycraft wont rebind the fkeys nor the inventory keys.

NoTiG
08-11-2004, 07:23 PM
here is mine:

;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language: English
; Platform: Win XP
; Author:
; Script Function:
; Warcraft hotkeys
;
~v::send, j ; v is bound to hero skill and j to gather which will not conflict(the ~ means pressing v will send j ,and v
WheelDown::send, {Tab} ; SO i can use the scroll wheel to tab up and down
WheelUp::Send +{Tab}
t::send, {Numpad7} ; These 3 allow me to use t,g and b for the num pad 7, 4, and 1 for quick item use
g::send, {Numpad4}
b::send, {Numpad1}
y::send, 7 ; Allows me to use y , h and n instead of 7, 8, and 9 for grouping.
h::send, 8 ;
n::send, 9 ;
^y::send, ^7 ;
^h::send, ^8 ;
^n::send, ^9 ;

*Tab:: ; The asterisk makes the remapping more complete on XP/2k/NT.
Send, {AltDown}
Loop
{
Sleep, 1000
GetKeyState, state, Tab, P
if state = U ; The key has been released, so break out of the loop.
break
}
Send, {AltUp}
return

~Enter::Suspend ; Enable/disable all hotkeys while going in or coming out of chat.
#s::Suspend ; Win+S ; to toggle on and off

; This Part down here and below is to remap alt + certain keys because if alt is pressed to check
; the life bars of units and a key is pressed it can issue an unwanted command . (i.e warcraft sees alt + q as quit)

;!q::send, q
!w::send, w
!e::send, e
!r::send, r
!t::send, {Numpad7}
!y::send, 7 ; (because y is meant to be 7)
!a::send, a
!s::send, s
!d::send, d
!f::send, f
!g::send, {Numpad4}
!h::send, 8
!z::send, z
!x::send, x
!c::send, c
!v::send, v ; this will mean if you press alt down and hit v... if you have a peon it won't gather.
!b::send, {Numpad1}
!n::send, 9

!q::send, {AltUp}{Alt}q

-----------------------------------------------

A couple things to note...anything after a semi colon is a comment. I have V bount to v + j because keycraft doesnt let you do some things that it should such as binding Gather and hero to the same skill... since no hero'es gather and no peons have hero skill which mean it won't conflict. It might be possible to just do it manually in the custom keys text but i just did it this way with an unused key (j).

Having the numpad keys 7 4 1 bound to t g b means that you will have to line up whatever items are usable on the left side of your inventory and leave the others on the right which isnt that big of a deal.

I like using y h n instead of 7 8 9 because i don't have to stretch. and i can just leave my pinky on q and curve down with my index to hit y h n. watch out because while you are getting used to it u will probably hit some items in your inventory by accident.

I have Tab bound as alt.. so when i want to check life bars i just move my pinky from q to tab. the longer the SLeep is in the loop the longer that the life bars stay on after you press it. the problem with this is that the !q::send, q commands and etc... don't work for some reason when tab is bound as alt (if you hold down alt and press q whatever is bound to q will work but if you hold down tab and hit q... it won't quit the game but it won't issue the command. not sure how to get around it.

Abused]Shaft
08-11-2004, 07:39 PM
; GG Alt Q Q
; By Abuse.Craft
; Thx to NoTiG

y::send, {Numpad8}
t::send, {Numpad7}
h::send, {Numpad5}
n::send, {Numpad2}

!y::send, {Numpad8}
!h::send, {Numpad5}
!v::send, v
!n::send, {Numpad2}

Looks like NoTiG beat me to the inventory remapping settings, but this is what you asked for phatphire...

Abused]Shaft
08-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Oh and if someone has trouble with AHK for whatever reason, you can get the code in a .exe file also:

fiRe.power
08-13-2004, 02:39 PM
will it affect only game or everything such as when u will be writing something?
and where am i supposed to put it? war3 files?

Abused]Shaft
08-13-2004, 04:39 PM
My Documents, or anywhere else doesnt matter. And yes it screws up wut your typing but its a price to pay.

fiRe.power
08-14-2004, 05:07 AM
ok so can i turn it off? and do u mean that it screws what ur typing in game or overall?

Abused]Shaft
08-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah you can turn it off, and it only does it when its on.. but this is only for the inventory versions... the regular one doesnt fuck your typing. Also, if you use the inv. vers. you can press shift-T or shigt-G or whatever letter you need that will screw up and it will appear fine. Still, a lot of hassle. Ill see what I can do to fix it :P

OZiRiS
08-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Dude really this is such nice thing your doing !!!!!

OZiRiS
08-24-2004, 01:56 PM
also im confused...

DOes this make ur inventoory keys tyghbn
------

; GG Alt Q Q
; By Abuse.Craft
; Thx to NoTiG

-----------------------------------------

if it does then what does this do???
-------------------------------
-----------------------------

wow man thx again for work :P

OZiRiS
08-24-2004, 02:31 PM
never mind... It works and thats all that matters :PP

fiRe.power
08-24-2004, 05:08 PM
cud u make new version for me?;p bcuz my hotkeys r vbg m-ultimate c-select skill
i wud like to get my first 3 inventory slots under dfr plz cud u do it for me? ^_^
btw how do i turn it off? cuz my bro likes to talk on comunicators and it wud screw what hes writing;p
thx from advence

ShutDoWn
08-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Thx alot :D

Abuse.Craft
08-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Fire.Power I will make you a different version but first you have to specify what it is you want... clearly. I dont understand what it is you need. And you turn it off by clicking the icon that pops up in the bottom right hand part of your screen.

LostBoy
08-26-2004, 11:30 PM
wow that helps to bad iv neaver done that :'(

xxprzn-angelqtx
08-26-2004, 11:52 PM
can you gg alt click? please?

hbu
08-27-2004, 09:11 AM
{NUMPAD1-9} works only if NUMLOCK is ON. If NUMLOCK is OFF you have to use:

{NumpadClear} Clear key on keypad (usually the '5' key).
{NumpadUp} Cursor up key on keypad
{NumpadDown} Cursor down key on keypad
{NumpadLeft} Cursor left key on keypad
{NumpadRight} Cursor right key on keypad
{NumpadHome} Home key on keypad
{NumpadEnd} End key on keypad
{NumpadPgUp} Page up key on keypad
{NumpadPgDn} Page down key on keypad

so don't panic if the code in the above replies doesn't work ;-)

HBU

Mercy-HyBriD
08-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Here is my autohotkey script. So far i have been using it very well and is very useful :)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; ;;;
;;; Language: English ;;;
;;; Platform: Win XP ;;;
;;; Author: NM-HyBriD ;;;
;;; Script Function: Warcraft hotkeys ;;;
;;; ;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; This script is so that i can use the scroller on the mouse to cycle between different types units in

; my control group instead of using tab. Credit goes to NoTiG
WheelDown::send, {Tab}

; These hotkeys are for the quick item use in your heroes backpacks. TGB-YHN instead of 741-852

; This is used to see the health of either my units or my opponents units. Press Left Alt key to see

the enemies health, and press Left Windows key to see mine.
LAlt::send, ]
LWin::send, [

; This is used so that when i type i dont get wierd messages, eg, when i press t i wont get a 7
~Enter::Suspend ; Enable/disable all hotkeys while going in or coming out of chat.

Hope u enjoy it. And notice i gave credit to those who made scripts i used. So please, no flaming :)

Abuse.Craft
08-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Nice Hybrid, I hope you guys don't mind, but whenever you post something good (like hybrid's lwin and lalt things, along with the antichat script) I am adding it to my master file ^_^

Mercy-HyBriD
08-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks, feel free to add it to your master file. But the LWin and LAlt isnt recognized by Warcraft so im going to have to create a timer for it and use a loop. Ill post it soon.

Mercy-HyBriD
08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Hmm, seems as if u cant change [ and ] in warcraft using autohotkey. Guess im gonna remap my keyboard :) If someone else can get it 2 work using autohotkey then pls tell me :)

Abuse.Craft
08-30-2004, 05:11 PM
What do you want to change [ and ] to?

Mercy-HyBriD
08-30-2004, 05:22 PM
[ to LWin
] to LAlt

T0vversAreN003
09-05-2004, 02:13 AM

Q is faster. -_-
And if not for you..it's a BILLION times faster for me.

fiRe.power
09-05-2004, 04:29 AM
ok abuse.craft, i'll tell u what hotkeys i use for but cant tell u what exactly i want my inventory keys to be;/

q- attack-move
w- attack ground
c- select skill
v- 1st skill
b- 2nd skill
g- 3rd skill
n- ultimate

it fits me pretty well
the problem is where my inventory keys should be and if it is not considered cheating

Abuse.Craft
09-05-2004, 12:57 PM
It is not considered cheating and I have the same problem finding inventory key placement... I don't even use it to be honest, I prefer the mouse ^^

But if you can ever decide where you want them, lemme know and I'll get you a script

Lizard
09-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Great stuff, but i don't bind at all :D

Inf1n1tY.
09-07-2004, 12:52 PM
It works fine but theres 1 prob ...
I cant chat in the game insted of the letters I get the numbers -.-"
Cant I config the script? ,when I press my hotkeys. if I lock NUMBLOCK so that there apperes only the ladders??

pls help

Abuse.Craft
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Add
~Enter::Suspend to the script to chat in-game... turn off when in a channel.

AMP
09-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Add to the script to chat in-game... turn off when in a channel.
That script is bugged, it won't let me chat in-game at all. The message prompt doesn't come up when I hit enter.

AMP
09-07-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm currently working on a script that isn't bugged.

Edit: BAM!

This is what you want:

~Enter::
Suspend
send, {enter}

Abuse.Craft
09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Amp, it isnt bugged when added to

or atleast not for me, I guess comp settings has alot to do with this.

Grom_Icecream
09-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Wow, this sounds awesome. I've been trying all weekend to find free macro programs or write my own with C++ to no avail.

Edit:
I'm having trouble with the Enter key for typing messages. I have ~Enter binded to Suspend. What happens ingame is this:

1.I press enter, message popup comes up and hotkeys are disabled
2.I press enter, blank message is sent, hotkeys are enabled
3.I press enter, hotkeys are disabled, message pop-up doesn't come up
3.I press enter, hotkeys are enabled, again nothing else happens

If alt+tab out of wc3 and then come back this phenomenon starts all over again. i.e., I can type 1 message again then that's it.

Any help?

Full code for my keys:

;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language: English
; Platform: Win9x/NT
; Author: A.N.Other <myemail@nowhere.com>
;
; Script Function:
; Template AutoHotkey script.
;

WheelUp::send, +{Tab}

*Tab:: ; The asterisk makes the remapping more complete on XP/2k/NT.
Send, {AltDown}
Loop
{
Sleep, 50
break
}
Send, {AltUp}
return

#s::Suspend ; Win+S to toggle on and off

Willy
09-13-2004, 02:27 AM
Disabling alt + tab would be thx.

Grom_Icecream
09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Can anyone help me with making capslock toggle the health bars on/off?

I tried this:

GetKeyState, state, CapsLock, T
if state = D
{
Send, {[ Down}
Send, {] Down}
}
else
{
Send, {] Up}
Send, {[ Up}
}

I don't know why it doesn't do anything. I have a working script for my mouse wheel button that turns on the health bars when the wheel is held down but I'm trying to write something that doesn't require the key to constantly be pressed.

I'm thinking that I don't really know where to put the script and that could be the problem, i.e. I don't understand how the program flow works. Will just putting that script into my file without other stuff make the program repeatedly check the capslock state or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mercy-HyBriD
09-18-2004, 03:15 PM
I dont know why that doesnt work, but could you please post your scroll health bar script? that wud be awsome for me. thx

Mercy-HyBriD
09-18-2004, 03:18 PM
also, try this:

*CapsLock::
Send, {AltDown}
Loop
{
Sleep, 1
break
}
Send, {AltUp}
return

hope it helps

Grom_Icecream
09-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Yea, I tried something similair to that already and it told me that capslock can't be used as a hotkey; it just refuses to compile the script. I found an acceptable workaround using the accent key "`" instead. (Edit: scratch that, I was trying make {Capslock} a hotkey, which is the raw input command for capslock and not the capslock key press :pinch:, so you *can* use Capslock in this example and it will work)

*`::
Sleep, 100
Send, {[ Down}
Send, {] Down}
Loop
{
GetKeyState, state, ``, P
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Send, {[ Up}
Send, {] Up}
return

"`" is not as convient as capslock for toggling on/off but since this uses [ and ] instead of alt you can safely leave this thing on all the time (you may want to turn it off occasionaly to see better). The first "Sleep" command is necessary to prevent turning it on and then immediately off again by pressing the "`" key once. Also note the double accents "``" in GetKeyState which is necessary because "`" is also the escape (verbatim) character.

If you want to use capslock as the toggle key (say if you want to keep the accent key as it's normal function of selecting idle peons) then use this script:

*Capslock::
Sleep, 100
Send, {[ Down}
Send, {] Down}
Loop
{
GetKeyState, state, Capslock, P
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Send, {[ Up}
Send, {] Up}
return

Note that this won't actually toggle capslock on or off so the green LED on your keyboard won't come on and you won't type in caps with the health bars toggled on.

Here is the script for making the health bars appear only while the mouse wheel is being held down. Again this uses brackets and not alt so you can safely hold the mouse wheel down and do other commands at the same time.

*MButton::
Send, {[ Down}
Send, {] Down}
Loop
{
Sleep, 50
GetKeyState, state, MButton, P
if state = U
break
}
Send, {[ Up}
Send, {] Up}
return

MButton might not be configurable if you don't use NT/XP/2000. I'm not sure how useful this script will be once you have capslock or something as a toggle key. I've mapped my wheel button to {ShiftDown}/{ShiftUp} now.

Edit: as long as I making this post here is another thing I figured out. You can make hotkeys (i.e. like how ^x functions as ctrl x and +3 functions as shift 3) out of any keys and not just the common ones. Here is a script for making "Tab" a workable "Control" key so you assign groups with your pinky and index finger instead of your thumb and index finger:

Tab & 1::Send, ^1
Tab & 2::Send, ^2
Tab & 3::Send, ^3
Tab & 4::Send, ^4
Tab & 5::Send, ^5
Tab & 6::Send, ^6
Tab & 7::Send, ^7
Tab & 8::Send, ^8
Tab & 9::Send, ^9
Tab & 0::Send, ^0

...I love my autohotkey :rofl: :dancing:

MonsterDoc
09-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Thx @ all so far, its a really great programm!

Note that the scripts only work with english versions of wc3, cause in other version the hotkeys are different. And i think this has to do with the language settings of ur system.

So if it doesnt work, try to figure out, which hotkey normally does what u want and replace it.

The capslock-script doesnt work with the german version for example, it has to be:

Sleep, 100
Send, {´ Down} ; <- changed hotkey
Send, {ß Down} ; <- changed hotkey
Loop
{
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Send, {´ Up} ; <- changed hotkey
Send, {ß Up} ; <- changed hotkey
return

Thx grom_icecream for this script, it helps alot!

FreeK
09-20-2004, 11:47 PM
for some reason the using enter to disable the hotkeys doesnt seem to work...hmmmmmm any help y i used the one that Abusive posted.. do i need to add teh second line Enter/Suspend.... shit too?

Grom_Icecream
09-21-2004, 01:53 PM
You are using this code?

~Enter::Suspend

If you have that line of code in your script then theoretically that should work perfectly. On my computer for some reason though it will work fine exactly once everytime I start the script but the second time I use Enter it ceases to bring up the message box anymore. If you can't get your script to work either then you will either have to resort to using customkeys.txt to map all your alphabetical keys (which is limiting since you won't be able to use alphabetical keys for inventory slots) or you will have to live with not being able to type correctly.

What happens exactly when you try to press Enter? Will the message box in wc3 come up? Does it correctly turn on/off hotkeys? Does it function differently in windows than wc3?

MonsterDoc
09-22-2004, 11:31 AM
I had the Problem with Enter too, so now i use the following and it works quiet well for me:

Enter::
Sleep, 100
Suspend
Send, {Enter}
Loop
{
GetKeyState, state, Enter, P
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Suspend
Send, {Enter}
return

Very similar to the Capslock Configuration.

And i tried something else and it works really nice (only if u have more than 2Buttos on ur mouse):

ü::
Send, {Control down}
MouseClick, left
Send, {Control up}
return

Many ppl wont actually have ü on their keyboard ( i dont know :blush: , but ü doesnt exist in the english language,right? Its something like "ue"....), so just take any other key u like. Assign the key to one of ur mouse Buttons (better not the left and right button^^) in ur Mouse Settings.
So now in game u can select all units of one Type with just 1 Click. This works way better for me than press ctrl on keybord and then select the unit with ur mouse.
Dont know how to bind this directly to a mouse button, so i used ü for it. Maybe One of u guys know it and is going to post it here.

Pegasus.A-Z
09-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Thx for the help guys... something like this is what my final script will look like...

Run Frozen Throne.exe

shift & w::send, {Numpad7}
shift & e::send, {Numpad8}
shift & s::send, {Numpad4}
shift & d::send, {Numpad5}

F4::send, 7
F5::send, 8

y & 1::Send, ^1
y & 2::Send, ^2
y & 3::Send, ^3
y & 4::Send, ^4
y & 5::Send, ^5
y & 6::Send, ^6
y & 7::Send, ^7
y & 8::Send, ^8
y & 9::Send, ^9
y & 0::Send, ^0

Sleep, 150
Send, {´ Down}
Send, {ß Down}
loop
{
if state = D
break
Sleep, 75
}
Send, {´ Up}
Send, {ß Up}
return

!t::send, t
!b::send, b

~ö::suspend

Grom_Icecream
09-23-2004, 05:17 PM
To bind to a mouse button use LButton, MButton or RButton.

EvoLuTioN
09-24-2004, 08:58 PM
how can u accidently press alt q q

Abuse.Craft
09-24-2004, 09:01 PM
I use Q as a nuke key... hold alt to see their HP, Q to nuke, accidentally double tap and boom its over. doesnt happen often but it does happen

xebec
09-26-2004, 09:32 PM
wow this is awesome.

is the best way to use it just to double click the autohotkeys file when you load tft? ie no way to just make it load when tft is loaded (if autohotkeys main program is running in background at startup)? otherwise I have to manually close the hotkey file after I quit out of TFT, and I am lazy.

Pegasus.A-Z
09-27-2004, 07:11 AM
Well "Run Frozen Throne.exe" is posible...dont know about making it close it self after tft closes....

Abuse.Craft
09-27-2004, 04:31 PM

I just leave AHK on all the time and if I want to play press the button

xebec
09-28-2004, 12:09 AM
but if you leave it on doesn't the key mapping stay on when you're not in warcraft? so you have to turn off the macro, but then the 'run warcraft' won't work?

unless you create two different macros and then have keys to switch between them. that would be cool.

Grom_Icecream
09-28-2004, 01:08 AM
You can assign a key to turn the script on/off, e.g.

#s::Suspend

would make window key+s toggle your script on/off. In this manner you could simply start your AHK script anytime, leave it on all the time and use win+s to turn it off while in windows or in bnet chat.

Pegasus.A-Z
09-28-2004, 05:24 AM
Man just using the Caps for constant health status is awesome 25% more time to do other stuff, lowers your apm a lot because you don’t have to spam alt button all the time..... I almost feel like I'm cheating with my uber script at work...^ ^ thx again for the help getting started all.... btw.. I was working on a nuke script...but I cant get it to work... any one tried that? For example Pressing F5 sends F1 then shift+F2 then Shift+F3 then C then mouse click then Tab then c and then mouse click and so on...were C is my nuke key.... tried some different approaches but without success.. Perhaps someone could make my concept work?

aNff
09-28-2004, 05:41 AM
nicCcCcCe

gunman
09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
would like want to know how to make alt ] and ctrl [, i play on laptop so :D

Mercy-HyBriD
09-28-2004, 03:02 PM
heres how to do it.

*LAlt::
Send, {] Down}
Loop
{
Sleep, 50
GetKeyState, state, LAlt, P
if state = U
break
}
Send, {] Up}
return

*^::
Send, {[ Down}
Loop
{
Sleep, 50
GetKeyState, state, ^, P
if state = U
break
}
Send, {[ Up}
return

Thats off the top of my head so if it doesnt work then reply here and ill look at it in more detail.

Grom_Icecream
09-28-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm 99% sure ^ is only reserved for hotkeys, i.e. control plus something. I'm guessing the correct code is LControl. I can't check it right now but anyone can look it up in their help file, go to "Keyboard and Mouse Reference". In the first line you also need to make your input keys ~Alt and ~Control if you still want them to retain their normal functions. The * is pretty much unnecessary, I think it's only used for making the input compatible with different hotkeys.

Gunman, it would probably be easier to just make a toggle key for the health bars. i.e. a key you press once to turn them on and once to turn them off. See the capslock script on the previous page to see how that works (of course, it can be any key and not capslock).

Pegasus, for the nuke key script you would do something like this:

Keycode::
Send, {F1}
Send, c
Mouseclick, left
Send, {F2}
Send, c
Mouseclick, left
Send, {F3}
Send, c
Mouseclick, left
return

where "Keycode" is what triggers the nuke sequence (it can be a single key like z or 7 or a hotkey like +c for shift-c). If the keycode includes a mouse click (say you made keycode = ^Mbutton, which is the code for the control + middle mouse button) then you should put "KeyWait, Mbutton" in the line directly above "Send, {F1}". I don't remember what the keycode is for F5 (again look it up) but it probably is just F5. I'm also a little unsure if {F1} is the correct inputcode for F1, but one can also look this up in the help file (look under Send or SendRaw in one of the submenus). You have to have your mouse over the unit you want to nuke before you press the keycode since the script automaticaly sends the mouseclicks for you. If you want to do the Mouse clicks yourself then simply replace all the "Mouseclick, left"s with "KeyWait, LButton"s.

Maybe I'll write up a complete AHK guide so people can find out the information to make their own scripts a bit more quickly.

gunman
09-29-2004, 10:14 AM
i dot get the toggle key? then it would be same as alt wouldnt it?
i want my left alt to be my hp and left crl for my enemys hp, does any 1 else has some kool scripts plz post them here :D

cJw314
09-29-2004, 12:12 PM
I just discovered re-mapping my keys after returning to War3 - haven't played on BNET since 1.14!? :rofl: . . . and now I find this thread.

Jeez - I wonder if I'll sleep tonight. :p

Anyone have any clues what scripts/aliases the gosu crowd uses? I wonder. . .

This thread is packed full of chocolatey-efficiency goodness thx!

----
cJw

Grom_Icecream
09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Gunman, we just gave you the scripts to do what you said...scroll up. The toggle scripts that I mentoined are on the previous page. The difference between mapping your alt key to ] and making the alt key a toggle key is that if you map alt to ] then the health bars will only show while the alt key is held down whereas with a toggle setup pressing the alt key once will turn on the health bars indefinitely and pressing the alt key again will turn them off.

If your script doesn't work then post: exactly what you script you used, what happened when you pressed the key, and what you wanted to happen.

gunman
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
i have using the script the toggle scripe from yesterday but i dont like the feeling of it i want it the way its is orinaly but alt for ] and ctrl for [ i tried for so many hours and couldnt make a script i think u cant bind keys to alt :( . grom just forget this i m a loser :D, share some of ur scripts want to see what else good scripts u made :D

Grom_Icecream
09-29-2004, 04:19 PM
You can bind keys to alt. Post your exact script though because it helps weed out any common typing errors and then I'll see what I can do. Also please post exactly what went wrong with the script, I take it you are saying that alt does not show the health bars at all?

Abuse.Craft
09-29-2004, 04:31 PM
CJ, I don't think gosus use this. they dont admit to it atleast

MR_Whitaker
09-29-2004, 06:16 PM
This will save me at least 5 games a week THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Abuse.Craft
09-29-2004, 06:29 PM
No problem... hope that isnt sarcasm

cJw314
09-29-2004, 10:00 PM
CJ, I don't think gosus use this. they dont admit to it atleast

:gasp!:

Really? Wonder why; they think it to be 'cheating' as I saw mentioned earlier?

Key reconfiguration isn't cheating - it's making the interface disappear - vital for seamless control.

So I spose they use customkeys and have no problem there? Hrmph.

:edit:

This thread pwnz!!!!!1!11!11112 :D

No problems I couldn't fix so far; thanks tons for all yer help, peeps!

I can't seem to stop making up new things to reassign; F4-F6 seem like a better alternative than control groups 8,9,0 - only problem is it's going to take me a couple weeks to unlearn/relearn new key assignments. :censored:

:/edit:

cJw314
09-29-2004, 11:17 PM
No problems I couldn't fix so far; thanks tons for all yer help, peeps!

I just had to say that, didn't I?

I bound

;this will allow TAB To be used instead of CTRL for making control groups

Tab::send, {Tab}
+Tab::send, {+Tab}

but the shift-tab function of tabbing through sub-groups in control groups doesn't work. At first, that line wasn't there @ all; it was my attempt @ troubleshooting.

Ideas?

Grom_Icecream
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Here:
~Tab & 1::Send, ^1
~Tab & 2::Send, ^2
~Tab & 3::Send, ^3
~Tab & 4::Send, ^4
~Tab & 5::Send, ^5
~Tab & 6::Send, ^6
~Tab & 7::Send, ^7
~Tab & 8::Send, ^8
~Tab & 9::Send, ^9
~Tab & 0::Send, ^0

And remove the Tab, +Tab key mappings all together. Note that in the future it's +{Tab} not {+Tab} to send shift tab, but that wasn't what caused the problem here.

Abuse.Craft
09-30-2004, 05:13 PM
CJ, gosus don't use it because they are gosu without it... their used to the way they do it, they dont need this. But no it isnt against the rules, that would be like saying using an AZERTY keyboard is against the rules -- this remaps your keyboard, IE giving you a custom keyboard you made yourself.

cJw314
09-30-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm just curious what 'the way they do it' is, though ; like I doubt that they, for example, stretch all the way to 'i' to hide. . . or to the numpad for a TP scroll. And keys are so much faster than the mouse, not to mention having to take the mouse cursor away from the location where it's needed; in the battle.

:shrug:

Abuse.Craft
09-30-2004, 10:38 PM
items = mouse; I would think most gosus use the OHK settings... optimal hotkeys: http://www.mrfixitonline.com/wc3_hotkeys.asp

I myself used to use those but after my injury.. well yeah lol. From experience, I'd say use inverse optimal (IE, move = z, etc) but its really up to you. The micro of gosus Ive noticed isnt that much greater than mast hasus, however they can micro on 3 fronts (*thinks back to purepwnagevideos lol*) and still macro their base. Without a huge error. This is what makes them good. Concentration. Ever seen edalbyeb with units scatterred all over the map, but never hitting a creep camp, always moving to where it needs to be, and typically attacking his opponent's units which are also spread out?THAT is gosu skills. However, I haven't seen a replay like that since... 1.14b? Damn, it's been awhile thats for sure.

Grom_Icecream
10-01-2004, 01:43 AM
I don't know why one would ever want grid keys. For any half decent setup, all spells/abilities should go qwer since all other commands are either too infrequently used in the first place (hold, patrol, stop) while others are too frequently replaced by mouse clicks (move, attack) to warrant taking the most valuable key positions, namely the ones right closest to 1,2,3,4. Furthermore, determing whether a spell goes to q or r based on it's position isn't that convenient at all in my eyes. I'd rather have all of my "number one spells", like coil, bolt, WE, wolves, SS, nova, etc on the same key, all my secondary spells on the same key, and so on for passives/auras and finally ultimates. I'm also puzzled why so many people choose Q for their primary skills when R seems like the natural choice for your most pressed key, since you can have 3 fingers on 1,2,3 and your index finger on R. Ah well.

Abuse.Craft
10-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Heh Grom Im the same way... nukes are Q if the hero has a nuke (and it is also in the bottom left hand corner lol, go go icon positioning) and secondary is W, auras or unused skills are E and ults are R. Its awesome ^_^;;

Also, tab... hehe. Tab q tab q tab q. I made my setup when I played undead.

gunman
10-03-2004, 05:08 AM
Guys can you Help Me Script These commands.
I use a laptop if that helps in someway.
Keys are as follows
F1=7
F2=8
F3=9
F4=0

Tab=F1(for first hero) {this conflicts with the 7 and 8}
Capslock=F2(for second hero)
ctrl=toggle [ (on/off)

Thankyou in advance
Please share your configs tooo :D

gunman
10-03-2004, 08:41 AM
any 1 here wana reply? or what?

Abuse.Craft
10-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Gunman I replied to your PM. I don't understand what your asking and thus I can not help -- yet.

gunman
10-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi,

Sorry i was confusing.

I want my keys as follows
1) TaB = first hero (when i click tab i get first hero selected, like F1 key)
2)Capslock=Second Hero(when i click capslock i get my second hero like F2 key)

3)F1=7 (so i can do ctrl-F1 instead of ctrl-7, because 7 is far away.)
4)F2=8(Same reason like above)
5)F3=9(Same reason like above)
6)F4=0(Same reason like above)

but i cant make a correct script both of these interfere with each other please help me out.

Abuse.Craft
10-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Umm, Jesus I have no clue. NoTiG might be able to you, or someone else around here. Im kinda newb.

Pegasus.A-Z
10-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would continue here... It’s kinda about the same thing..... Items.... how to bind them? Has anyone figured that out? I mean the rod is pretty simple just press R… But you buy a lot more items which shortcuts aren’t even close of being usable..... To clarify, I mean shopping items in the stores... I would like to have a list of all there codes for rebinding...does anyone know any of them? The code as in Sorceress Slow = "[Aslo]".... For this to work I presume that these can be included in ones customkeys...just that blizzard didn’t include them in the samplefile....... one could go out of ones way and use auto hotkey to rebind all none usable shortcut keys to usable ones, but this would be a lot nicer and a lot less complicated……

Grom_Icecream
10-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Well you could find the file in war3.mpq that contains the hotkeys for items in shops and then copy and paste that into customkeys.txt. The problem is that doing that may not work at all and if it did it I'm not sure if it will look like you modified the original files or not when bnet checks your files to make sure they aren't hacked. Also using autohotkey as a workaround wouldn't work very well. For example, if rod of necromancy is R and you want to make it Q then Q would always have to map to R. You would only be able to remap a few items before you start running out of "good keys" that aren't being taken by something else. You could use a hotkey work around like Tab + Q --> R while still having Q --> Q, but by adding extra keys you are just making it less convienent to use them in the first place.

Gunman, did the scripts I gave you work ok? If they did post an example so other people who want to avoid key conflicts can use them too. Edit: I'll take it as a yes since you no longer asked for help.

Here is the basic idea to avoid key conflicts, say when making F1 --> F2 and F2 --> F1.

F1::
KeyWait, F1
Suspend
Send, {F2}
Suspend
return

F2::
KeyWait, F2
Suspend
Send, {F1}
Suspend
return

Pegasus.A-Z
10-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Thx...didnt think of that... Ill get working on this.....

Pegasus.A-Z
10-08-2004, 07:40 PM
/////////////////////////////
/////ITEMS
/////////////////////////////

[phea]
Name=Potion of Healing
Hotkey=Q
Tip=Purchase |cffffcc00Q|rotion of Healing
Ubertip="Heals <AIh1,Data11> hit points when used."
Description=Restores lost hit points.

[pinv]
Name=Potion of Invisibility
Hotkey=W
Tip=Purchase Potion of |cffffcc00W|rnvisibility
Ubertip="Renders the Hero invisible for <AIv1,Dur1> seconds when used. An invisible Hero is untargetable by the enemy unless detected. If the Hero attacks, uses an ability, or casts a spell, the invisibility effect is lost."
Description=Renders Hero temporarily invisible.

[pman]
Name=Potion of Mana
Hotkey=E
Tip=Purchase Potion of |cffffcc00E|rana
Ubertip="Restores <AIm1,Data11> mana when used."
Description=Restores lost mana.

[pnvl]
Name=Potion of Lesser Invulnerability
Hotkey=A
Tip=Purchase Potion of |cffffcc00A|rnvulnerability
Ubertip="Makes the Hero invulnerable to damage for 7 seconds when used. An invulnerable Hero may not be the target of spells or effects."
Description=Renders Hero temporarily invulnerable.

[shea]
Name=Scroll of Healing
Hotkey=X
Tip=Purchase Scroll of |cffffcc00X|realing
Ubertip="Heals <AIha,Data11> hit points to all friendly non-mechanical units around the Hero when used."
Description=Restores hit points to nearby units.

[skul]
Name=Sacrificial Skull
Hotkey=F
Tip=Purchase Sacrificial |cffffcc00F|skull

Thats pretty much what I put in to my CustomKeys.txt after getting the info from ItemFunc.txt in War3x.mpq and ItemStrings.txt in war3.mpq ... works for fine me... nice thing to do that alot of people prob dont think of....

xebec
10-24-2004, 02:07 AM
can someone post the code necessary to turn the hotkeys on and off on command? for example, if I want to hit Ctrl-Backspace or something to toggle it. Otherwise sometimes I forget to turn it on when I'm in game and I have to minimize WC to turn it on. :(

this is the code I tried (using F6 in this case) but it didn't work (just edited some other code from someone, I don't know what I'm doing)

F6::
Sleep, 100
Suspend
Loop
{
GetKeyState, state, F6, P
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Suspend
return

BeCreative
11-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Hello Guys :(.
So I have ready this thread threw but didnt understand all of it.
My Problem : I want so disable ALT+Q+Q Combination. I use standard blizzard Keys , the only key I have changed is "move" from "m" to "q".....
I made this Script which is posted in the first post , it didnt work , if I use the exe file which is running in the backround , I cant use all the other hotkeys , they just don't work...
Could any1 PLZ help me ? :(
Thx a lot.
edit : I got it :)
Very big sence @ maker of this great tool , I have been waiting for something like this :)

Vikix
11-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi,
my health bar (for ennemies) button doesn't work correctly :(((( Normally, it's "^"(azerty) and i have correctly bind this key to another (it wrote ^^^^^^ when i press the other key in a chat) but in the game, the effect isn't the same between pressing the hotkey or the real key : nothing happenes. Only "alt" work perfectly (but i dont see my units anymore :/)

Vikix
11-08-2004, 05:06 PM
kk it works :)))) only because ^ is not usable (i have used ¨ instead (azerty...)).
I ve found a good alternative to ~enter::suspend -->del & ~enter::suspend. in game, you have only to press del with enter; and it will save you to disable the program out of a game (in chat for ex.) because enter reactivate-desactivate the script each line.

BeCreative
11-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Haha , I asked Blizzard about this tool and I got and E-Mail where is standing that third party tools like this are hack. Damn Blizzard Bitches.

Oblivion_be
12-21-2004, 05:45 AM
I got this problem that my azerty keyboards somethimes acts like a qwerty keyboard when i'm in the middle of a warcraft game. I thought I might solve the problem with autohotkey by for example backspace to switch q & a and some other letters that need to be switched so i can play the normal way again if my keyboard switches to qwerty ingame... I know how to switch buttons but everything I tried resulted in q and a always being switched instead of only when I press backspace.
This is the code I tried but I don't know much about it though ...
BS::
Sleep, 100
Loop
{
GetKeyState, state, BS, P
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
a::
KeyWait, a
Suspend
Send, {q}
Suspend
return
q::
KeyWait, q
Suspend
Send, {a}
Suspend
return
}
return

650element
12-22-2004, 06:01 PM
nice program there... oh yeah OZiRiS could you use the edit button? instead of 3 post in a row

Dean
01-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Just a tiny question.

NOTE: The inclusion of third-party program abbreviations in this guide is in no way intended to imply that these programs are endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard Entertainment considers any third-party program designed to affect the way that a Blizzard game interacts with Battle.net – including seemingly harmless programs designed to make doing things easier, such as changing hotkeys – a hack program. The use of any such program will be detected by the Battle.net staff and may result in the closure of the account tied to the usage of the program, or even the temporary or permanent banning of the CD key tied to that particular account.

Would this outlaw Auto Hotkey or any third party key modifying program? By the way this is a direct Blizzard note. I'm just asking. I really see auto hotkey as a great tool but i just want to be careful with the legal side of it's use on WC3.

Dean
01-03-2005, 11:20 PM
By chance to you have the complete set for humans? Or could u give me detailed instructions on how to extract it please?

Abuse.Craft
01-04-2005, 03:20 PM
By chance to you have the complete set for humans? Or could u give me detailed instructions on how to extract it please?

What do you mean complete set?

Just a tiny question.

NOTE: The inclusion of third-party program abbreviations in this guide is in no way intended to imply that these programs are endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard Entertainment considers any third-party program designed to affect the way that a Blizzard game interacts with Battle.net – including seemingly harmless programs designed to make doing things easier, such as changing hotkeys – a hack program. The use of any such program will be detected by the Battle.net staff and may result in the closure of the account tied to the usage of the program, or even the temporary or permanent banning of the CD key tied to that particular account.

Would this outlaw Auto Hotkey or any third party key modifying program? By the way this is a direct Blizzard note. I'm just asking. I really see auto hotkey as a great tool but i just want to be careful with the legal side of it's use on WC3.

It isn't bannable -- the default response from Blizzard is that. They have to say "all 3rd party programs" because any less would leave gray areas of uncertainty. Do you know how Blizzard knows if you are hacking? Modification of the War3.exe file or any of the MPQs. Don't touch those and you are safe. Any modifications to your computer -- IE, using a different keyboard, which, in essense = using this program -- are you're own prerogitive.

Dean
01-04-2005, 06:35 PM
By complete set i mean all of the items from the human's shop. From scroll of healing to the staff.

Abuse.Craft
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Eh I doubt this is the right thread for it -- oh well:

[ofir]
Buttonpos=0,2
Hotkey=F
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00F|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Orb of Fire|r

[phea]
Buttonpos=0,1
Hotkey=P
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00P|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Potion of Healing|r

[pman]
Buttonpos=1,1
Hotkey=M
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00M|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Potion of Mana|r

[shea]
Buttonpos=1,2
Hotkey=H
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00H|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Scroll of Healing|r

[stwp]
Buttonpos=2,1
Hotkey=T
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00T|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Scroll of Town Portal|r

[dust]
Buttonpos=3,0
Hotkey=D
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00D|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Dust of Appearance|r

[mcri]
Buttonpos=2,0
Hotkey=E
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00E|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Mechanical Critter|r

[ssan]
Buttonpos=1,2
Hotkey=N
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00N|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Staff of Sanctuary|r

[plcl]
Buttonpos=1,0
Hotkey=C
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00C|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Lesser Clarity Potion|r

[sreg]
Buttonpos=0,0
Hotkey=R
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00R|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Scroll of Regeneration|r

[tsct]
Buttonpos=3,1
Hotkey=V
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00V|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Ivory Tower|r

And any one else that's curious about item hotkeys:

[bspd]
Buttonpos=0,0
Hotkey=S
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00S|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Boots of Speed|r

[oli2]
Buttonpos=0,2
Hotkey=L
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00L|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Orb of Lightning|r

[oven]
Buttonpos=0,2
Hotkey=V
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00V|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Orb of Venom|r

[ocor]
Buttonpos=0,2
Hotkey=B
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00B|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Orb of Corruption|r

[pinv]
Buttonpos=1,1
Hotkey=I
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00I|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Potion of Invisibility|r

[pnvl]
Buttonpos=2,2
Hotkey=N
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00N|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Potion of Lesser Invulnerability|r

[spro]
Buttonpos=0,1
Hotkey=R
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00R|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Scroll of Protection|r

[rnec]
Buttonpos=0,0
Hotkey=R
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00R|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Rod of Necromancy|r

[pams]
Buttonpos=1,2
Hotkey=A
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00A|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Anti-magic Potion|r

[cnob]
Buttonpos=2,0
Hotkey=C
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00C|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Circlet of Nobility|r

[prvt]
Buttonpos=1,0
Hotkey=V
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00V|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Periapt of Vitality|r

[hslv]
Buttonpos=0,0
Hotkey=H
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00H|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Healing Salve|r

[skul]
Buttonpos=1,0
Hotkey=K
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00K|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Sacrificial Skull|r

[moon]
Buttonpos=0,0
Hotkey=N
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00N|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Moonstone|r

[tret]
Buttonpos=0,2
Hotkey=O
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00O|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Tome of Retraining|r

[stel]
Buttonpos=3,1
Hotkey=E
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00E|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Staff of Teleportation|r

[spre]
Buttonpos=3,1
Hotkey=E
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00E|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Staff of Preservation|r

[shas]
Buttonpos=2,0
Hotkey=D
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00D|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Scroll of Speed|r

[tgrh]
Buttonpos=1,2
Hotkey=G
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00G|cFFFFFFFF) Purchase Tiny Great Hall|r

Dean
01-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks it works perfectly. That's pretty good. Can u make any key toggle? I was thinking about using that capslock hitpt bar script concept but apply it to the scroll button on the mouse. Think it can b done?

Abuse.Craft
01-08-2005, 07:43 PM
yeah it can be, I used to use it. I dont have the script any more though.

Dean
01-08-2005, 07:46 PM
well maybe i can build it again, any lines to start me off?

Jojolol
01-09-2005, 03:31 PM
i did my nuke keys to a

Abuse.Craft
01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Sleep, 100
Send, {[ Down}
Send, {] Down}
Loop
{
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Send, {[ Up}
Send, {] Up}
return

Thats the cap locks script so just enter in your variables, such as Mbutton (middle mouse button) and whatnot.

Iceguppi
01-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi guys I need help. I want to play the game with constant on-screen healthbars. I have tried this by puting a weight on the ALT button and sure I see the healthbars all the time but I cant use most hokeys (like worker actions and so on). I sthere any way of geting around this or has blizard made it impossible to have the healthbars on screen all the time on purpose?

I also wonder if its possible to bind hero spells like Clap and Bolt to mouse buttons (i use an IE explorer 3.0 and would like to bind them to the two buttons on the left side of the mouse)

sikkony
01-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Wow, never knew such a post like this existed. Well since you could remap keys in wc3, I was wondering if there is any button to remap the start button (although I never hit it). I just want to disable the left start button in total. Btw, how did you guys work out he coding? Are we all programmers here? :D

Abuse.Craft
01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Im a programmer. And you should be able to get rid of the left windows key with a pair of pliars (its easier)

sikkony
01-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Im a programmer. And you should be able to get rid of the left windows key with a pair of pliars (its easier)
lol, I don't want to physically remove it, just remove it within the software. :p:

Oh well I don't mind, I never hit that button when playing wc3 anyways.

Abuse.Craft
01-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Hmm, just compile a script that tells the program to read LWIN (left windows key) as a null action. Shouldn't be too hard (sorry but I'm in a really lazy mood lol someone else can write the script :P)

FunGaL-ShaMbLeR
01-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Has any1 fixed the '' Suspend:: Enter'' Stuff yet??

Iceguppi
01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
So no one knows how to be able to have constant on screen healthbars and still use all commands?

Abuse.Craft
01-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Iceguppi, it isnt that we dont know how -- atleast that isn't my case -- I just don't have the time to do it. Not to mention I don't see the practicality of that... too much action at once. Too much shit on the screen. I doubt it'll help. I posted what you'd have to do up earlier... do you want me to bother scripting it for you? I mean I could but I don't know much about the program, for me its Trial and Error. You can do the same thing... thats the basics of it, experiment, don't wait around for someone else to do your work.

n.SK)DrEaD
01-27-2005, 07:11 PM
hey guys thx very much for ur work... really :)
but i got 1 tiny problem....
it works when i wanna type anywhere except in warcraft!!!
(when i wrote hey it went 5e8) which means it DOES work
but unfourtenatly not in wc3
plz help me
it really GGeg me many times :angry:
i really need ur stuff !!!
does the crack for wc3 has to do with ahk?
does it disable it's features ???
dunno... PLZ HELP asap and thx again
i wish all peeps were like u :)

Abuse.Craft
01-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Umm clear up what you mean Dread... are you using the Suspend::Enter script? If so, just make sure the toggle is ON when you go into Warcraft, so that you can NOT type, and then when your in a game, pressing enter should toggle it off, when you send the message it should be back on again.

n.SK)DrEaD
01-28-2005, 05:29 AM
am sorry but all i mean is that it doesnt work in wc3
but works everywhere else....
i downloaded the ALTQQ.exe but also didnt work..
plz help :starwars:

n.SK)DrEaD
01-28-2005, 05:51 AM
btw my wc3 directory is e:\warcraft iii ... but i dont think that would make any difference... and i use the " [ " to suspend and here's my script:

~[::Suspend

#q::Run E:\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe

Sleep, 100
Send, {] Down}
Loop
{
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Send, {] Up}
return

i want the capslock to show me only my enemy's health
and like i said , it works everywhere but in wc3 :(

can i ask sth ? what is this line for ?
#q::Run E:\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe

hey am noob in programming stuff :p:P:P

Abuse.Craft
01-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Press windows key + q = load Warcraft. The problem with the script is that Warcraft has some kind of safety feature -- you can't use [ and ] with this program. You can't change it at least. It's alt or nothing :-\

n.SK)DrEaD
01-30-2005, 06:56 AM
look man here's wut i do :
1- i turn on AHK
2- i run frozen throne
3- the AHK doesnt work

that's it!!!

Abuse.Craft
01-30-2005, 07:39 AM
As I said before, [ and ] do not work with AHK o_O

n.SK)DrEaD
01-30-2005, 03:53 PM
man ok i changed it.. i made the suspend enter w/e
but all am saying is it does NOT work ahhhh man!!!
u know wut ?? this took too long... just 4get about it ok ??
u aint no help.... DAMN

Abuse.Craft
01-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Dread, I'm trying to help you, but you won't tell me what you want! If you don't want the [ and ] keys, what do you want to replace them with? The best way to fix this program would to do it yourself, because then, every thing you want is there and if it isnt you can change it. Besides, then you don't have to bitch at me because you are incoherent o_O

Abuse.Craft
01-31-2005, 02:45 AM
!q::send, {Numpad7}
!w::send, {Numpad8}
!a::send, {Numpad4}
!s::send, {Numpad5}
!z::send, {Numpad1}
!x::send, {Numpad2}

Everyone was asking about item hotkeys. There ya go.

By the way, using Caps-lock to hold alt = you can't type or use hotkeys. When you try to use [ & ] its like typing them both at the same time -- it doesn't hold.

n.SK)DrEaD
01-31-2005, 07:27 AM
lsn thx anyways but my prob isnt that some hot keys dont work...
the prob is all of them dont work within the game, but work in any other window
like notepad for example.
that's it!~!!!

i dunno y but i think it has to do with the crack or sth

EpicLyncher
01-31-2005, 08:13 AM
I havent read the whole thread, so someone might have brought it up, but i just thought i should ask...

Would it be possible to set up such a script where the two extra buttons i have on my mouse would work instead of 7 and 8 for item shortcuts?

Abuse.Craft
01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah, most likely. Check the documentation page @ their site Epic.

s1akr
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Abuse, is it working for you in game? i'm using an exact copy off of your script from this thread. when the script is running on the background it seems to work on notepad, however, in game it is not working weather on bnet or single player custom games. i'm running win98, but according to the documentation online, it is only missing a few advanced options. any ideas?

Abuse.Craft
05-11-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't know s1akr... which script? And check to make sure its not suspended or paused.

s1akr
05-12-2005, 02:06 AM
ok thx abuse i'll check around

hu_playa
05-14-2005, 07:43 AM
I don't have insert key on my keyboard.
How to make script that makes home key as insert?

brawr
05-24-2005, 02:18 PM
(I'll apologize beforehand if there's been a reply to the chat script already - I'm too lazy to read the entire 7 pages of text)

I tried using the ~Enter one posted on here a while ago and, I must say, it's sorely lacking. It makes non-Ventrillo chat a real pain, especially in situations where you need rapid communication with a partner (i.e. DotA or RT).

I spent about 5 minutes messing around and I came up with a solution that works beautifully (in game, anyways).

; Enable/disable all hotkeys while going in or coming out of chat.
NumpadMult:: Suspend ;
Enter:: Send, {Enter}{NumpadMult}

Any unused key can be substituted for NumpadMult, it was simply convenient for myself. The script will probably still mess up your channel chat unless you get in the habit of hitting Enter before and after the chat message.

Enjoy.

Abuse.Craft
05-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Nice Brawr, thanks for your help.

brawr
05-24-2005, 03:01 PM
I spoke too soon. While it works for chat, the {NumpadMult} action does not toggle suspend and instead keeps it on. I'm gonna fiddle with it a post a revised version that works (hopefully). :curious:

Edit:
Figured out where the bug is. The suspend action of the Enter script suspends the hotkeyed actions for Enter. Thus, it functions as a regular Enter key rather than toggling the Suspend function off again. I should be able to make a minor change and it'll work.

sejjiin
05-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Probably doesn't go here, but I can't find anywhere else to post this and you guys seem to know what you're talking about...

Trying to use optimum grid hotkeys-
In Keycraft, when I bind the Wisp build command hotkey to X and the build command icon to the bottom, second from left slot (the X-spot), the hotkey WILL change to x, but the position of the build icon will not change. The build icon stays in the bottom left slot. I've tried repeatedly in Keycraft to move the build icon, but it won't let me (well, it will let me, but the changes don't stick when I play the game). Does anyone else have this/know how to fix this? Or does anyone know how to manually fix this problem by editing the customkeys text?
Thanks

Abuse.Craft
05-25-2005, 02:35 PM
replace

[cmdbuildnightelf]
Buttonpos=0,2
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00B|cFFFFFFFF) Create Building|r
Hotkey=B

with

[cmdbuildnightelf]
Buttonpos=0,2
Tip=|cFFFFFFFF(|cFFFFCC00B|cFFFFFFFF) Create Building|r
Hotkey=X

Should work. Customkeys.txt, not keycraft.

Piggelin
06-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I wonder if its possible to bind mouse buttons just like you bind keys to different commands? For example I have a Microsoft 3.0 explorer mouse (5 buttons) and would like to bind 3 of them to different hero skills (I usualy have the normal ones at W, E, R and the ultimate at T) would it be possible for anyone of you to write a script that would allow me to have my hero skills on my 3 extra mouse buttons instead of W, E and R ?

I would be very thankfull if someone could do that for me.

Oh yea and another thing, when i try the script pegasus is using I can only toggle my OWN units healthbars, not the enemy health bars, how do I make caps lock toggle all health bars?

Abuse.Craft
06-21-2005, 05:44 AM
Piggelin, search through the authotkey.com dbase, and find the name of your mouse buttons... when you do that, put the names in the following script (whatever order you like):

MOUSE-BUTTON NAME ONE HERE::send, W
MOUSE-BUTTON NAME ONE HERE::send, E
MOUSE-BUTTON NAME ONE HERE::send, R

Sleep, 150
Send, {Alt Down}
loop
{
if state = D
break
Sleep, 75
}
Send, {Alt Up}
return

That also fixes the caps lock thing, though I'm not sure if it will work in Warcraft. Be care because it does fuck things up in regular note pad and stuff when you do press caps lock on accident.

Piggelin
06-21-2005, 06:45 AM
Thanks but this still doesnt help me, I still only see my own units healthbars, not the neutral and enemy health.

Abuse.Craft
06-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Sorry Pigg, I don't think alt will trigger it then. Prolly something to do with the B.net system. :-\

Piggelin
06-21-2005, 07:25 AM
I think I know what the problem might be, below is what I use. It must be that either ´ or ß , doesnt make an actual command (like pressing any other key to see healthbars). One of the keys (´ and ß) does make my own units healthbars visible while the other one doesnt do anything. Does anyone know which key that actualy makes the enemy healthbars visible (except from alt).

I know on some keyboards its [ and ], but not on mine obviosly.

Sleep, 100
Send, {´ Down} ;
Send, {ß Down} ;
Loop
{
if state = D
break
Sleep, 50
}
Send, {´ Up} ;
Send, {ß Up} ;
return

gbtl
06-22-2005, 10:15 PM
i always quit the game when i hold alt to check hp then i spam quilbeasts with beastmaster -.-

Abuse.Craft
06-23-2005, 01:01 AM
] is the command that triggers enemy health, but you can't use that key in a code, so they rename it to `

MrEsL
07-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Alright i am new to this so any help will be appreciated.

How do i change "7" to "`" (its on the left side of the 1)

Edit: and lets say the code is wdwdwd for example, i put on auto hotkey right click and edit it and put wdwdwd in there, or do i make a document for ex. test.ahk and put it in there, thx in advance :D

sejjiin
07-03-2005, 11:44 AM
; Sends item inventory slot #7 to the ` key. Useful for a staff, pot, or some other time-critical item.
*`::send, {Numpad7}

That should do it. Save it to your autohotkey.ini file. It should be accessible by right-clicking the autohotkey icon in your system tray and then clicking edit this script. And make sure the letter on the icon says 'H' when the game is running and not 'S', which means the script is suspended.

MrEsL
07-03-2005, 02:21 PM
thx man i gonna try that out :D

Edit: it works thx man :D

Coolman84
07-06-2005, 05:14 AM
i bind item slot 7-8 to F1-F4

#UseHook
*F1::Send {Numpad7}
*F2::Send {Numpad8}
*F3::Send {Numpad4}
*F4::Send {Numpad5}

Kevbo
07-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I just had to post in here
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/W3XP-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Lordaeron&PlayerName=alt-qx2
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&playername=alt-qx2
hence the name on the account (which r mine i know im noob) and the title of this thread..:) i'am the Alt-QQ King. Bitches (in a jeremy voice :P)

Abuse.Craft
07-07-2005, 06:07 PM
heh... CADX2, the really good strategist from forever and a year ago, was ctrlaltdelx2

Rifer
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Yeah thx its cool

somedude342
09-02-2005, 07:52 PM
sorry for my insanely noobiness but how do i set things so that Q is my move button (default is M)

hu_playa
09-07-2005, 08:30 AM
So how can i disable winkey?

EnO.YiN
09-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I think this program is very usefull and i've been working on some hotkeys for myself.

But I saw some guys here talking about constant healthbars.
Now, I'm not sure but I think that that IS cheating. Since this will allow you to do something you would not be able to do without the program.

It is fine to be able to click the "F-button" instead of the alt-key. But that's just changing the button you press.

As I said before; I'm not sure if it's cheating or not but I think it is.

I will check it with blizzard and I will post it when I'm sure.

(if it's not cheating I will use it myself ^^ )

EnO.YiN
09-11-2005, 05:24 PM
sorry for my insanely noobiness but how do i set things so that Q is my move button (default is M)

Just use keycraft for that.
http://home.houston.rr.com/keycraft/

It shouldn't be too hard.

Tolvic
09-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Constant health bars is the same as putting weights on your "[" and "]" keys. It makes playing a lot easier, but i don't think it's cheating.

BTW, there might be a way using pixel colours to detect whether the user is chatting or not.

EnO.YiN
09-15-2005, 03:21 AM
Constant health bars is the same as putting weights on your "[" and "]" keys. It makes playing a lot easier, but i don't think it's cheating.

Try that on tourneys for once. They won't allow the weights. :D

uKuLaB
09-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Can anyone program a script to bind num1 to mouse4 so that i can use staff of pres....with my mouse and have to worrie less about wondernig which hotkey it is :P

uKuLaB
09-27-2005, 07:03 AM
For thouse who are intrested

Xbutton1::send, {Numpad1}
!Xbutton1::send, {Numpad1}

Remap
Your keys to this if your using a mouse with an extra left button you can staff with it.

sejjiin
09-27-2005, 02:38 PM
FYI

Hello,

Blizzard Entertainment considers any third-party program designed to affect the way that a Blizzard game interacts with Battle.net - including seemingly
harmless programs designed to make doing things easier, such as changing hotkeys - a hack program. The use of any such program will be detected by the Battle.net staff and may result in the closure of the account tied to the usage of the program, or even the temporary or permanent banning of the CD key tied to that particular account.

Blizzard is especially focused on removing hack programs created with cheating in mind, but as mentioned above, using third-party programs designed to make things easier also puts the user's account and/or CD key at risk. As part of our strict anti-hacking policy, this is our best way to ensure that play on Battle.net is equal for everyone. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Regards,

RandyH
Blizzard Technical Support
RandyH.support@blizzard.com
Don't know if they actually can detect something like this, but I'd never seen an official response to hotkey-changers. Note that he is not referring to programs like Keycraft as they only change the CustomKeys.txt file, which Blizzard fully supports.

xebec
09-27-2005, 04:44 PM
so anyone who uses mouseware to hotkey is also gg'd. That probably includes most serious players on bnet, and I would not be surprised if that includes most pros, since tournaments generally allow you to install mouseware. I could be wrong about pros tho, maybe tournaments allow mouseware but not for button mapping?

StLaNg
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
may someone PM me on how this thing works? im trying to do the inventory thing (ty gh bn) and thats all. what is the exact script i put into the file, and how would it work? because i tried
; These hotkeys are for the quick item use in your heroes backpacks. TGB-YHN instead of 741-852
and no work, what else do i need in there? thanks in advance.

WiLd_ChErRy13
09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
ok, im really really confused with these custom hotkeys... :( i would love it if someone could change my item inventory keys. i want to change them to the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 running across the top row.
Like this:

1 2
3 4
5 6

If anyone could help me plz pm me or something

tylerf
10-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I want my top-left inventory slot hotkeyed to D. I've been trying to do it but I can't get it to work. I'm on a laptop and don't have a numpad, could this be the problem?

Har-Craft
10-03-2005, 02:59 AM
nicely done

tylerf
10-03-2005, 11:03 AM
nevermind, i got it working

daniel1122
11-01-2005, 05:08 AM
hey im wondering if one of yall that already have the auto hotkey program can help me. i downloaded it but im such a computer dope that i do not understand it. all i really want is to bind one of my quick control grouping hotkeys "8" too the letter S.
Ive searched all over this forum with no luck .. any help would be greatly appreciated.

rhk0327
01-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Is there anything better than
"
~Enter::
Suspend
send, {enter}
"
for chatting in game? This solution causes me tons of problems. Is there a way to just suspend the autohotkey for like 5 seconds after every time u hit enter or something? It's only for my items, I use keycraft for all other hotkeys, so they 5 sec won't hurt that much.

The "~" command doesn't seem to work right with warcraft. You can use the "*" command and Send, {Blind}{Enter} to force it to work right. I added some sounds to make it beep to notify you if it's on or off.

#ifWinActive, Warcraft III ;*new to ver 1.0.41.00* only run when war3 is running

*Enter::
Suspend, Permit
Send, {Blind}{Enter}
Suspend
if (A_IsSuspended == 1)
SoundPlay,*64
else
SoundPlay,*48
return

;; use numpadenter to turn off hotkeys if we press esc or some how mess it up
*NumpadEnter::
Suspend, Permit
Send, {Blind}{NumpadEnter}
Suspend, Off
SoundPlay,*48
return

I posted my script here:
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46508

Also, I working on a program that will replace Keycraft (new hero support, etc.):
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46507
but I have only started it yesterday, so it won't be ready for at least a couple weeks. Feel free to take a look in the mean time.

The first version of warkeys, 0.1.0.3a, is ready for download.

This version has support limited to humans. Support for all races is expected in 1-2 weeks.

TheFobster
02-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Awesome job Points! I've been disappointed that the maker of Keycraft never finished his work. Hopefully Warkeys will be widely supported by the community. If you do indeed finish Warkeys I'll make sure that the word gets out.

Thanks for the support. I expect the program to be finished by the end of february. Version 0.2.0.0 alpha is ready, with support for human and neutral icons. Also, the autohotkey forum allows guests to post so you guys can post there with comments/suggestions.

TrendyMicro
02-14-2006, 01:11 AM
supposedly you could get banned from using your keycraft? is that so?

FatalCaster
02-14-2006, 10:16 AM
"supposedly you could get banned from using your keycraft? is that so?"

Nope, Battle.Net allow Custom Keys and Keycraft simply alters your customkeys.txt file.

Oh and gl with your new Warkeys program, Points. I'll be testing it myself ;)

Marc
02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi i need help with AutoHotKey anytime i play wc3 i always press the Start key beside Alt on my keyboard which tabs me out of game during battle etc......... Is there anyway i can disable the key or subsitute the key to another key like? And with the inventory keys anytime i chat its annoyin like t=1 y =2 etc.. please help. Thanks in advance! :D

Marc
02-15-2006, 11:26 AM
its ok i got it now its
Lwin::return
Rwin::return

TheFobster
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi i need help with AutoHotKey anytime i play wc3 i always press the Start key beside Alt on my keyboard which tabs me out of game during battle etc......... Is there anyway i can disable the key or subsitute the key to another key like? And with the inventory keys anytime i chat its annoyin like t=1 y =2 etc.. please help. Thanks in advance! :D

Well, I never use the Windows key on the keyboard anyways so I removed the key from the keyboard altogether.

Warkeys is ready!

The program Warkeys, which is supposed to act as a replacement for Keycraft, is now available for download here:

Here's a small taste:

It's still in the alpha stages, but I welcome any feedback you may have. If you would like to report an error, please use the email link in the about window under help.

TheFobster
02-22-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm downloading Warkeys right now. :)

If this works I'll definitely get the word out. You should look at hosting the file somewhere so you can have it all in one download.

I'll give you a few impressions in a bit.

TheFobster
02-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Problem: Everytime I try to extract the files with Winzip it says please specify location for part 2 of the archive. Even if I select the location where part 2 of the zip is located it brings me back to the screen saying please specify location for part 2 again.

Really frustrating.

I can still run the Warkeys.exe file and this is the error message that I get:

error will calling TreeCreate errorlevel: -3 - RC: mfc80.dll and/or msvcr80.dll may be missing

EDIT: I think the problem is that I don't have a full version of Winzip. With using the Trial version it says "You cannot update this Zip file because it spans disks or is split into parts".

Consolidating the files would be very helpful.

jtbalogh
02-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Just use the free winzip version 10.0. The problem is you have to rename the 'Warkeys.z01.zip' file to 'Warkeys.z01'. @Points made a mistake in his links.

TheFobster
02-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Just use the free winzip version 10.0. The problem is you have to rename the 'Warkeys.z01.zip' file to 'Warkeys.z01'. @Points made a mistake in his links.

I am using 10.0 :annoyed: ... and I don't see anywhere that I need to change the name. It's already named 'warkeys.z01'.

Abuse.Craft
02-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Fobster, is your cmoputer set to display file extentions? For picture folders, does it show the .jpg, .gif, .bmp parts? If not, that's why it already seems renamed.

Hey guys, I should've posted this sooner!

Warkeys has moved to a new site:
http://warkeys.sourceforge.net/

Warkeys is now one easy to download file, and it contains a self installer. It's still the alpha version, but you can do everything you need to do with it (I just plan to add a few more things before I release the beta).

dope_starr
03-01-2006, 02:23 AM
I just manualy edited my keys to the following box:

qwer
asdf
zxcv

each letter corrisponding with the command box in the bottom right.

takes some geting used to but I would concider that "optimal"

I do agree the ability to change shop item hotkeys as well as inventory hotkeys would be the next step.

UnLikE
03-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I just manualy edited my keys to the following box:

qwer
asdf
zxcv

each letter corrisponding with the command box in the bottom right.

takes some geting used to but I would concider that "optimal"

I do agree the ability to change shop item hotkeys as well as inventory hotkeys would be the next step.
Then, sir, the next step is in my sig and it's called AutoHotkey, but it's a bit complicated to set the keys if you don't read the manual.

bean12
03-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I want to use autohotkeys because I think it could help avoid deadly key combos (ie accidently pushing alt qq or alt-tab in the middle of a battle). I also think that some of the other uses would be helpful, moving inventory keys closer rather than the keypad, perma-alt. But I dont want to use it if I am going to get banned for it.

From the forums I have seen there have been a couple of people claiming to be banned - but it is not clear that it was autohotkeys that did it to them. I also do not see how blizzard would ever even know you were using this program since it does not affect the main WC files at all. What do you guys think - is this something that really gets people banned? And if you have been using it for awhile without any problems I would appreciate hearing about it.

dope_starr
03-03-2006, 07:15 AM
I would like to know too. Chances are that somewhere in the terms of use, even if this does not constitute a third party program from Blizzard's statements so far, is a clause that would alow them to change this to sit any specifc program that is able to get around that.

Anyways I do think it is silly for Blizz to let you change some hotkeys and not others, and would not mind using somehting like this except for I do not want to fear being banned.

I'm just taking a look at the program now, and it does seem likely that it would not be something detectable or even punishable by Blizzzard, concidering it is just a way to custumize you're entire computer.

Still I stand by that if they really wanted to they could outlaw and ban it at any time.

Okay I am tring to get the program to work but I have not put basicly any time into it so far. I have a question though.

I would really really like to be able to script my control groups to my mouse wheel. Alowing me to scroll through my control groups by just scrolling the whell. I belive this would help my style of gameplay alot. If you have any idea how to script this it would be appriciated.

Grom_Icecream
03-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Anything is in theory detectable by Blizzard. I'm pretty sure I heard they collect information on what programs are running in the background, they don't just check to make sure the warcraft 3 files haven't been modified. But since autohotkey doesn't modify wc3 files and is a perfectly legitamate program for non-wc3 activities it is unlikely they will start doing anything about it.

Here is my script for using the mouse wheel to scroll through control groups. I find it more effective to allow the user to control the "max group", e.g. so you can have it scroll through groups 1-2 when you only have 2 groups, then scroll through 1-3 when you have 3 groups, etc.

group = 1
maxgroup = 2

;Tab+number sets the "max group"
Tab & 1::maxgroup = 1
Tab & 2::maxgroup = 2
Tab & 3::maxgroup = 3
Tab & 4::maxgroup = 4
Tab & 5::maxgroup = 5

*WheelUp::
group += 1
if(group > maxgroup)
group := group - maxgroup
if(group < 1)
group := group + maxgroup
send, %group%
return

*WheelDown::
group -= 1
if(group > maxgroup)
group := group - maxgroup
if(group < 1)
group := group + maxgroup
send, %group%
return

$!Tab::Send, !{Tab}

Since it is related, here is the code to make your mouse wheel (or in this case, shift mousewheel) scroll through subgroups.

+WheelUp::Send, {Tab}
+WheelDown::Send, +{Tab}

Edit: fixed typos in code

dope_starr
03-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Thank you very much. I hope I don't get banend >_<

Grom_Icecream
03-20-2006, 07:16 AM
I don't know how many other people here experience this, but toggling your script on and off with the enter key (obviously for the purpose of being able to type messages coherently) doesn't work well. The problem is that the 2nd enter key press (the one that sends the typed message) somehow can't be seen by autohotkey. This has to do with warcraft 3 itself, not the script because if you aren't in wc3 it the enter key toggle works as you expect it to.

The good news is I finally came up with a workaround. You have to place this code at the top of your script (at least before any hotkeys) otherwise the timer doesn't function. The script also assumes you are running in 1024 x 768 mode. What the script does is every 50 ms it looks for the yellow border of the message box and toggles your hotkeys on/off for you.

SetTimer, Timer1, 50
return

Timer1:
Suspend, Permit
Pixelgetcolor, color, 764, 567
if (ColorEqual(0x26C5FA,color,4) == 1 and A_IsSuspended == 0)
{
Suspend, On
box = 1
}
else
{
if (ColorEqual(0x26C5FA,color,4) == 0 and box = 1)
{
Suspend, Off
box = 0
}
}
return

ColorEqual(x,y,t)
{
x += 0
y += 0

x1 := Floor(x/65536)
y1 := Floor(y/65536)
x2 := Floor((x-x1*65536)/256)
y2 := Floor((y-y1*65536)/256)
x3 := (x-x1*65536-x2*256)
y3 := (y-y1*65536-y2*256)

z1 := x1-y1
z1 := x2-y2
z1 := x3-y3

if (Abs(z1) <= t) and (Abs(z2) <= t) and (Abs(z2) <= t)
return 1
else
return 0
}

If you are using a different screen resolution you will have to modify the code slightly. The first step would be to take an in game screen shot, open it with a decent image editor and determine the x,y coordinates of the message box border. Once you have the x, y coordinates of a pixel on the border you can use the PixelGetColor function of autohotkey to determine what color that pixel is when the message box is on. I'll give more detailed instructions if anyone actually needs to do this.

Inutastic
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey. I dont know if I'm late but, can someone please make a script of TAB switch key set to SPACE key? Thanks

xebec
03-21-2006, 07:33 PM
hm.. you realize the space key already does something pretty useful, right?

Grom_Icecream
03-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey. I dont know if I'm late but, can someone please make a script of TAB switch key set to SPACE key? Thanks

This will switch your Tab and Space keys if that is what you mean:

Tab::Space
Space::Tab

UniTy(X)DeaTh
03-23-2006, 03:10 PM
y would n e one ever use keycraft. that is so sad that you change the hot keys to fit you insted of just learning the keys already set

TheModerated
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
y would n e one ever use keycraft. that is so sad that you change the hot keys to fit you insted of just learning the keys already set

The whole point of a hotkey is to fit you, or at the very least to be more convenient.

Why would anyone ever use Keycraft? That is so sad that you change the hotkeys to fit you instead of just learning the keys already set.

People change the hotkeys for these key reasons:
1. Players may want all the hotkeys to be closer together rather than randomly spread around the keyboard.
2. The default keys fit no predetermined pattern forcing users to memorize them.
3. When the keys are aligned to grid such as QWER, ASDF, ZXCV, the hotkeys can determined by just looking at the grid.
4. People may use autohotkey to change the layout of the keys (for example moving the numpad inventory keys to tgbyhn or moving the arrow keys) and cannot use the default hotkeys.
5. Some crazy people like to move the icons to different locations, such as having the spells on the top row for easier access. (You can change the description and the positions as well as hotkeys using the CustomKeys.txt)

The idea behind Keycraft was to allow users to customize their keys in this fashion, but to use a GUI instead of thumbing through a text file using Notepad. This is preferred because you can see what it will look like in the game and the program will supposedly not make mistakes (for example if you used a button position out of range it would crash Warcraft!).

TheFobster
03-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Nice job Points. Works way better than Keycraft now. Only problem I have is that a few of the armor and strength upgrades don't work in the Hunter's Hall. I think you forgot to add Level 2 and 3 upgrades to Warkeys. Other than that I haven't found any major problems.

P.warden
03-28-2006, 06:16 AM
Hi i get all things i want to work nice but i want my inventory on heroes to go of like this shit + q
shift + w
shift+a and so on with szx to. What code do i need to use?
thx for taking the time to help me out you are improving my gaming godly :D

Hi, I get all the things I want to work nice but I want my inventory on heroes to go of like this shift + q, shift + w, shift + a and so on with s, z, and x too. What code do i need to use?
Thanks for taking the time to help me out. You are improving my gaming greatly. :D

+q::SendInput, Numpad7
+w::SendInput, Numpad8
+a::SendInput, Numpad4
+s::SendInput, Numpad5
+z::SendInput, Numpad1
+x::SendInput, Numpad2

Shift is used as a modifier to queue commands, so you might want to choose another key or modifier.

TheFobster
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Points... read my post please.

P.warden
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Now here is my scrip. NOTE that it has the EUROPEAN CODES FOR THE HEALT BAR! I just miss 1 last thing now I want some way to pause my script in a fast way. any way here id the script take what u wish moast credit to ppl in this tread (points and grom and aries for the euro health codes)

; This script will calculate the APM based on using the following keys:
; Left and Right Mouse, a-z, Numpad1, Numpad2, Numpad4, Numpad5, Numpad7,
; Numpad8, and the arrow keys.
; However, the keys are still counted when chatting (which is probably the way
; it should be).
;
; To Start the Script Press Numpad0 (you should see a message displayed)
; At any time in the game you can press Numpad0 and the script will echo your
; APM to warcraft via a chat message (make sure you don't press enter before
; pressing Numpad0).
;
; To Stop the script press NumpadDot. You will see a message to that affect.
;
; The script automatically outputs your APM every minute. You can change how
; often this occurs or under what circumstance below in the timer section.
;
; And don't forget your name, unless you like to show off your APM to everyone!
;

kstrYourName = ;/w ACC NAME ; remove the first semi-colon and add "YOURNAME"

#SingleInstance Force

; Timer Section
settimer, timer_APM, 60000 ;check every minute
timer_APM:
{
ifWinActive, Warcraft III
{
if iTimeStart
{
fAPM := (60000*iCount)/(A_TickCount - iTimeStart)
;if (fAPM < 100) ; only output if less than 100
SendInput, {Enter}%kstrYourName% APM: %fAPM%{Enter}
}
}
}

#IfWinActive Warcraft III ; only run when Warcraft is active

; The key to stop the script
Del::
SendInput, {Enter}%kstrYourName% APM calculator has been reset and paused.{Enter}
iTimeStart :=
;SoundPlay,*48 ; Beeps so we know it stopped
return

; Start/Check your APM
LAlt::
if not iTimeStart ; if we haven't started the timer yet, output this message and start the timer
{
SendInput, {Enter}%kstrYourName% Starting APM calculator...{Enter}
iCount := 0 ; reset the counter so we can use it over and over
iTimeStart := A_TickCount ; A_Tickcount stores the number of milliseconds since the computer was rebooted
;SoundPlay,*64 ; Beeps so we know it has started
}
else
{
; APM is defined as the number of actions per minute
; The time is the current time minus the start time (in msec) and there are
; 60,000 msec per minute
fAPM := (60000*iCount)/(A_TickCount - iTimeStart)
SendInput, {Enter}%kstrYourName% APM: %fAPM%{Enter}
}
return

; this is the list of keys we check for
~a::
~b::
~c::
~d::
~e::
~f::
~g::
~h::
~i::
~j::
~k::
~l::
~m::
~n::
~o::
~p::
~q::
~r::
~s::
~t::
~u::
~v::
~w::
~x::
~y::
~z::
~Up::
~Down::
~Left::
~Right::
~Numpad1::
~Numpad2::
~Numpad4::
~Numpad5::
~Numpad7::
~Numpad8::
~LButton::
~RButton::
~LShift::
;SoundPlay,*48 ; for debugging you can turn this beep on
if iTimeStart
iCount++
return

*WheelUp::SendInput, {Tab}
*WheelDown::SendInput, +{Tab}
return

*CapsLock::
Sleep, 150
Send, {´ Down}
Send, {ß Down}
Send, {å Down}
Send, {] Down}
Send, {[ Down}
loop
{
GetKeyState, state, CapsLock, P
if state = D
break
Sleep, 75
}
Send, {´ Up}
Send, {ß Up}
Send, {å Up}
Send, {] Up}
Send, {[ Up}
return

LShift & q::send, {Numpad7}
LShift & w::send, {Numpad8}
LShift & a::send, {Numpad4}
LShift & s::send, {Numpad5}
LShift & z::send, {Numpad1}
LShift & x::send, {Numpad2}
return

#s::Suspend ; Win+S to toggle on and off

Points... read my post please.

If you're talking about the Hunter's Hall, I fixed that when I read your post. It should be working now.

I just miss 1 last thing now, I want some way to pause my script quickly.

I use this to pause/unpause my script:

;;;;; Enable/disable all hotkeys ;;;;;
; For some reason the *~ commands do not work with warcraft
Suspend, Permit
SendInput, {Blind}{Enter}
if (InChatRoomOn == True)
return
Suspend
if (A_IsSuspended == 1)
SoundPlay,*64
else
SoundPlay,*48
return

Suspend, Permit
SendInput, {Blind}{NumpadEnter}
return
Suspend, Off
SoundPlay,*48
return

; Pause the script with Pause
*Pause::
Suspend, Permit
InChatRoomOn := not InChatRoomOn
{
Suspend, On
SoundPlay,*64
}
else
{
Suspend, Off
SoundPlay,*48
}
return

TheFobster
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks... :cool2:

P.warden
03-29-2006, 03:48 AM
If you're talking about the Hunter's Hall, I fixed that when I read your post. It should be working now.

I use this to pause/unpause my script:

; For some reason the *~ commands do not work with warcraft
Suspend, Permit
SendInput, {Blind}{Enter}
return
Suspend
if (A_IsSuspended == 1)
SoundPlay,*64
else
SoundPlay,*48
return

Suspend, Permit
SendInput, {Blind}{NumpadEnter}
return
Suspend, Off
SoundPlay,*48
return

; Pause the script with Pause
Suspend, Permit
InChatRoomOn := not InChatRoomOn
{
Suspend, On
SoundPlay,*64
}
else
{
Suspend, Off
SoundPlay,*48
}
return

Ok that thing with pause seems very nice, shall i put it last in my script?

Shawn[t2]
04-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I want to change my "Numpad 2" to "escape" for easier TPs.

Help appreciated!!!

I want to change my "Numpad 2" to "escape" for easier TPs.

Help appreciated!!!

Esc::Numpad2

My Program Warkeys (http://warkeys.sourceforge.net/) comes with a utility called "AutoWarkey" that let's you remap the inventory (but you can't remap Esc in AutoWarkey because it's a special key, tyghbn is the default for inventory).

Shawn[t2]
04-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Point, I used your program to change my custom keys. It works great because keycraft didn't offer the tavern heros and yours does :D

cmgh87
04-17-2006, 01:37 AM
umm i was wondering if i could get some serious help. i've found that i just can't cut it using the usual blizzard made hotkeys. just recently, as in today, i found keycraft. personally i think its amazing seeing how it works to my motor functions. however, its lacking the ability to bind the numpad inventory buttons to another button. can someon plz help me with this. suggestions, names of a better program, codes, anything would work.

ps- i have read through this and 5 other threads and am still confused. also i've tried adding the codes to my customkey.txt document... but it still isn't working. plz, PLZ, someone help!!!

cmgh87
04-17-2006, 11:39 AM
heh, well i ran autohotkey with keycraft and they work perfectly together. however... what i wanted to know is when i type what does the dinging sound that my computer makes mean? is it bad? or can i ignore it? secondly, i noticed that someone was talking about setting the mouse scroll to scrolling through the control groups.... can someone tell me what i need to do in order to set it to that.

umm i was wondering if i could get some serious help. i've found that i just can't cut it using the usual blizzard made hotkeys. just recently, as in today, i found keycraft. personally i think its amazing seeing how it works to my motor functions. however, its lacking the ability to bind the numpad inventory buttons to another button. can someon plz help me with this. suggestions, names of a better program, codes, anything would work.

ps- i have read through this and 5 other threads and am still confused. also i've tried adding the codes to my customkey.txt document... but it still isn't working. plz, PLZ, someone help!!!

heh, well i ran autohotkey with keycraft and they work perfectly together. however... what i wanted to know is when i type what does the dinging sound that my computer makes mean? is it bad? or can i ignore it? secondly, i noticed that someone was talking about setting the mouse scroll to scrolling through the control groups.... can someone tell me what i need to do in order to set it to that.

I'm not sure why it's dinging, but my guess is that you are either using Warkeys or are using someone's else's code. Warkeys, as well as some of the other scripts, "ding" to notify you of something. In Warkeys, it is done when the script is turned on or off (i.e. when you press enter to type in a message or press pause to pause the script).

KhamBloodreign
04-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I`m gonna try Warkeys today. I hope it`s good.
Works great though I see no difference to Keycraft.

I`m gonna try Warkeys today. I hope it`s good.
Works great though I see no difference to Keycraft.

Keycraft is out of date, because the guy who wrote it stopped updating it. I attempted to make Warkeys as much as like Keycraft as I could, but it also does a few things Keycraft doesn't:
1. Warkeys lets you change the unbutton positions (i.e. for autocast on)
2. You can change the tips (i.e. Change "Blizzard" to Ice 1, Ice 2, Ice 3)
3. The 2nd and 3rd level upgrade hotkeys (for blacksmith, etc.) can be changed
4. Dota is supported (not an easy task!)
5. Icons with no Hotkeys can be moved (this was in Keycraft but he took it out later)
6. File saving (CustomKeys.txt) is A LOT better and faster
7. Warkeys is open source!!! (in case I fall off the face of the Earth too)
8. You can setup your own grid keys as opposed to having to use QWER, ASDF, ZXCV (there were 4 layouts you could choose from in Keycraft)

Other Important Facts:
Warkeys comes with another program, AutoWarkey (still being worked on), that lets you:
1. Turn the healthbars on all the time!
2. Remap the inventory keys to any key you want!

But your point is still valid, since that is what I was going for; a program just like Keycraft but up to date. I wanted to make it easy for everyone to go from Keycraft to Warkeys.

KhamBloodreign
04-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Warkeys comes with another program, AutoWarkey (still being worked on), that lets you:
1. Turn the healthbars on all the time!
2. Remap the inventory keys to any key you want!

First off: Unlike the idiot on the other thread that keeps on arguing about that remapping your hotkeys is cheating I like your program very much. Nice to see people putting so much effort in getting Blizzards mistakes out of the way.
Second: Boy if you get it done to remap the inventory keys, I`ll fly over to wherever you are, kiss your feet and call you your highness. I don`t care too much about the health bars but I think the inventory is really an issue. Good luck on this one.

Second: Boy if you get it done to remap the inventory keys, I`ll fly over to wherever you are, kiss your feet and call you your highness. I don`t care too much about the health bars but I think the inventory is really an issue. Good luck on this one.

It's already done, I'm just adding more features to it. Just download my program and it will put a shortcut on your desktop called "AutoWarkey". You can also get to the program in the Warkeys folder.

Grimkaim
05-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Why dont play it as blizzard intended it?
For me it seems that wc3 is quite good made, not many mistakes have been done while make it, imo

Why dont play it as blizzard intended it?
For me it seems that wc3 is quite good made, not many mistakes have been done while make it, imo

Please don't flame Grimkaim.

Grimkaim
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Please don't flame Grimkaim.
huh??

HUBA
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
lol gg binding Q isnt smart at all

lol gg binding Q isnt smart at all

That's why we disable alt-q or just have the healthbars on all the time.

Kaldo
05-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Can you please make these hotkeys:
Binded with the middle mouse button;
t=numpad7
y=numpad8
g=numpad4
h=numpad5
b=numpad1
n=numpad2

Please PM if you do this, or post here. :cool:

Mia-Steel
05-28-2006, 09:40 AM
And if I have a mac, is there a chance i can bind the num pad to different keys?

Can you please make these hotkeys:
Binded with the middle mouse button;
t=numpad7
y=numpad8
g=numpad4
h=numpad5
b=numpad1
n=numpad2

Please PM if you do this, or post here. :cool:

MButton & t::SendPlay, {blind}{numpad7}
MButton & y::SendPlay, {blind}{numpad8}
MButton & g::SendPlay, {blind}{numpad4}
MButton & h::SendPlay, {blind}{numpad5}
MButton & b::SendPlay, {blind}{numpad1}
MButton & n::SendPlay, {blind}{numpad2}

The "blind" command allows you to press "shift" to queue using an item. This feature of pressing two buttons to do an action will be added to Warkeys in the near future.

And if I have a mac, is there a chance i can bind the num pad to different keys?

Not with the tools described here. AutoHotkey and Warkeys are for windows only. There might be a way to do it, you'll have to search for a keyboard remapper for macs.

Kaldo
05-29-2006, 01:25 AM
will be added to Warkeys in the near future.

Do you own Warkeys or something?

Do you own Warkeys or something?

Yes, I'm the author of Warkeys. :lol:

I have a new link to the site: http://www.warkeys.com/ :cool:

Kaldo
05-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Cool! I'm downloading it now. :cool:

MrEsL
06-01-2006, 08:33 AM
I would like to put \ into 1(numpad) if some1 can help me i would appreciate it :)

I would like to put \ into 1(numpad) if some1 can help me i would appreciate it :)

\::Numpad1

Grimkaim
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Im trying to make this one work... but the healthbars wont turn on... why not? whats wrong? could you(points) or someone else post a final script that gives qwerasdfzxcv, tgbyhn, health bars, mid mouse, tab, and all that other fancey stuff I dont understand? :crazy:

#SingleInstance force ;force a single instance
#HotkeyInterval 0 ;disable the warning dialog if a key is held down
#InstallKeybdHook ;Forces the unconditional installation of the keyboard hook
#UseHook On ;might increase responsiveness of hotkeys
#MaxThreads 20 ;use 20 (the max) instead of 10 threads
SetBatchLines, -1 ;makes the script run at max speed
SetKeyDelay , -1, -1 ;faster response (might be better with -1, 0)
;Thread, Interrupt , -1, -1 ;not sure what this does, could be bad for timers

;;;;; Make the icon the TFT icon (Author: NiJo?) ;;;;;
regread, war, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III, ProgramX
menu, tray, Icon, %War%, 1, 1

;;;;; Variables ;;;;;
InChatRoomOn := False
HealthBarOn := False
FollowOn := False

;;;;; Timers ;;;;;
;; this timer checks to see if warcraft is active and turns on the health bars
settimer, timer_Warcraft, 1000 ;check every 1 second timer_Warcraft:
{
ifWinActive, Warcraft III
{
if (HealthBarOn == False)
{
Send, {[ Down}
Send, {] Down}
HealthBarOn := True
}
}

else ifWinNotActive, Warcraft III
{
;; turn off stuff
if (HealthBarOn == True)
{
Send, {[ Up}
Send, {] Up}
}

;; same for scrollLock
if (FollowOn == True)
{
Send, {LButton Up}
FollowOn := False
}
}
}

OnExit, ExitSub
return

ExitSub:
ExitApp ;The only way for an OnExit script to terminate itself is to use ExitApp

;;;;; Hotkeys ;;;;;
#ifWinActive, Warcraft III ;*new to ver 1.0.41.00* only run when war3 is running

;; For some reason the *~ commands do not work with warcraft
Suspend, Permit
Send, {Blind}{Enter}
return
Suspend
if (A_IsSuspended == 1)
SoundPlay,*64
else
SoundPlay,*48
return

Suspend, Permit
Send, {Blind}{NumpadEnter}
Suspend, Off
SoundPlay,*48
return

;;;; Scroll Lock to toggle follow mode (useful in replays) ;;;;;
*ScrollLock::
Send, {Blind}{ScrollLock} ; toggle the light
if FollowOn
Send, {LButton Up}
else
Send, {LButton Down}
FollowOn := not FollowOn
return

Suspend, Permit
if (InChatRoomOn == False)
{
Suspend, On
InChatRoomOn := True
SoundPlay,*64
}
else
{
Suspend, Off
InChatRoomOn := False
SoundPlay,*48
}
return

;;;;; Use CAPSLOCK to toggle health on/off ;;;;;
;; the health bars are automatic now and cannot be turned off
;; however if for some reason they get turned off, pressing caps will turn it on
if (HealthBarOn == False)
{
Send, {[ Down}
Send, {] Down}
HealthBarOn := True
}
else
{
Send, {[ Up}
Send, {] Up}
}
return

;; the send command allows us to hold down a key and it will repeat
;; useful for casting spells (ie summons) and tp-ing asap
q::Send q
+q::Send Q
w::Send w
+w::Send W
e::Send e
+e::Send E
r::Send r
+r::Send R

a::Send a
+a::Send A
s::Send s
+s::Send S
d::Send d
+d::Send D
f::Send f
+f::Send F

z::Send z
+z::Send Z
x::Send x
+x::Send X
c::Send c
+c::Send C
v::Send v
+v::Send V

;;;;; Use tgbyhn instead of KEYPAD for inventory ;;;;;
t::Send, {Numpad7}
g::Send, {Numpad4}
b::Send, {Numpad1}
y::Send, {Numpad8}
h::Send, {Numpad5}
n::Send, {Numpad2}

+t::Send, +{Numpad7}
+g::Send, +{Numpad4}
+b::Send, +{Numpad1}
+y::Send, +{Numpad8}
+h::Send, +{Numpad5}
+n::Send, +{Numpad2}

;;;;; Use TAB like CTRL to set Control Groups ;;;;;
~Tab & 1::Send, ^1
~Tab & 2::Send, ^2
~Tab & 3::Send, ^3
~Tab & 4::Send, ^4
~Tab & 5::Send, ^5
~Tab & 6::Send, ^6
~Tab & 7::Send, ^7
~Tab & 8::Send, ^8
~Tab & 9::Send, ^9
~Tab & 0::Send, ^0

;;;; use Wheel for tab ;;;;;
*WheelUp::send, {Tab}
*WheelDown::Send +{Tab}

ty ;)

suhao_suplo
06-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah, ive pressed Alt Q Q when i played Beastmaster with skill sommon PIG, Alt to c HP. Thats ok, i exited

MrEsL
06-04-2006, 02:55 AM
\::Numpad1

Thx for answering but that did not work

Thx for answering but that did not work

That's odd, I tested it too. I assumed you wanted the backslash key to send Numpad1? Try testing the code in notepad, it should print out a 1 when you press backslash.

Yeah, ive pressed Alt Q Q when i played Beastmaster with skill sommon PIG, Alt to c HP. Thats ok, i exited

I'll add an option to disable alt qq in AutoWarkey. You can add this line of code to your script, which should (untested) disable left alt qq:

<!q::return

Im trying to make this one work... but the healthbars wont turn on... why not? whats wrong? could you (points) or someone else post a final script that gives qwerasdfzxcv, tgbyhn, health bars, mid mouse, tab, and all that other fancey stuff I dont understand? :crazy:

ty ;)

I *highly* recommend using the AutoWarkey program that comes with my Warkeys program. It will make a script for you.

Sometimes the healthbars won't show up the first time you start the game, but pressing capslock with that script should reset them. The only other problem with the healthbars is that if you are using a German or Italian layout, the keys are different from the English keys (AutoWarkey has a drop-down list where you can choose your layout).

Grimkaim
06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
I *highly* recommend using the AutoWarkey program that comes with my Warkeys program. It will make a script for you.
well.. warkeys doesent have " HotkeyInterval 0 ", "#UseHook On " ," Scroll Lock to toggle follow mode" and most imporant:" use Wheel for tab" and turning on helathbars in Autowarkey doesent work!

well.. warkeys doesent have " HotkeyInterval 0 ", "#UseHook On " ," Scroll Lock to toggle follow mode" and most imporant:" use Wheel for tab" and turning on helathbars in Autowarkey doesent work!

"HotkeyInterval 0" and "#UseHook On" should be in AutoWarkey, but I didn't put the follow mode (the Ctrl-C centering script is much better for replays) or the mouse wheel. I didn't think anyone would use those things, but I'll go ahead and add them in the next version.

It's still surprising that the healthbars aren't working for you. Do they turn on for you if you press "[" and "]" in the game? Are you using a non-English layout or keyboard? If you are, then we just need to find the keys that will turn on the healthbars for you.

Grimkaim
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
My keyboard is of scandinavian origin... as i have ØÆÅ, but the layout except for that is just like the english one, and YES hotkeyinterval 0 should be in warkeys :P totaly, I love that thing, just hold it down while you wait for the last gold to afford your huntress..

My keyboard is of scandinavian origin... as i have ØÆÅ, but the layout except for that is just like the english one, and YES hotkeyinterval 0 should be in warkeys :P totaly, I love that thing, just hold it down while you wait for the last gold to afford your huntress..

By should I mean that it is already is in AutoWarkey! But I know what you are talking about, where you can hold down the key and it repeats like that. These lines of codes are what are doing that:

q::Send q
+q::Send Q
w::Send w
+w::Send W
e::Send e
+e::Send E
r::Send r
+r::Send R

a::Send a
+a::Send A
s::Send s
+s::Send S
d::Send d
+d::Send D
f::Send f
+f::Send F

z::Send z
+z::Send Z
x::Send x
+x::Send X
c::Send c
+c::Send C
v::Send v
+v::Send V

But you might want to remove this line:

SetKeyDelay , -1, -1 ;faster response (might be better with -1, 0)

Because the default is 20. If don't have a delay then most every time you press a key it sends it twice! Of course you can add these things back into AutoWarkey by adding the things you want to the "Hotkey Remapper" tab of AutoWarkey. I'll show you how to do it later once we get the Healthbars to work for you (for now you'll be better off making your own AutoHotkey script).

To get the healthbars to work for you, we need to figure out what keys (besides alt) show the healthbars for you. For English layouts it's [ and ], german it's å and ß, and Italian ' and ì.

Start up a game of warcraft and try pressing keys until you see the healthbars (there are 2 keys, one for friendly units and one for enemy). The keys on most keyboards are in the upper right corner by the backspace key.

Once you find the keys, replace the lines in the script that say:

SendPlay, {[ Down}
SendPlay, {] Down}
SendPlay, {[ Up}
SendPlay, {] Up}

with whatever your keys are. That should get it going for you!

Grimkaim
06-06-2006, 06:17 AM
To get the healthbars to work for you, we need to figure out what keys (besides alt) show the healthbars for you. For English layouts it's [ and ], german it's å and ß, and Italian ' and ì.

Start up a game of warcraft and try pressing keys until you see the healthbars (there are 2 keys, one for friendly units and one for enemy). The keys on most keyboards are in the upper right corner by the backspace key.

Once you find the keys, replace the lines in the script that say:

SendPlay, {[ Down}
SendPlay, {] Down}
SendPlay, {[ Up}
SendPlay, {] Up}

with whatever your keys are. That should get it going for you!

Iv tried all the keys on the keyboard, nothing seems to work! hm :( you got an msn adress or something so we can chat about it? faster questionning and response =) just private message it to me if you dont want it all over wcr.

MrEsL
06-09-2006, 03:34 AM
That's odd, I tested it too. I assumed you wanted the backslash key to send Numpad1? Try testing the code in notepad, it should print out a 1 when you press backslash.

Dont realy know what u mean i typed in there
\::Numpad1 and its not transformed or whatever to 1, thx for answering

Kaldo
06-10-2006, 08:38 PM
On WarKeys, it keeps resetting my hotkeys after a while, (maybe coz of the DotA patches), I just want too know why it does that?

On WarKeys, it keeps resetting my hotkeys after a while, (maybe coz of the DotA patches), I just want too know why it does that?

The Dota hotkeys will sometimes get reset because they change the spell code associated with that spell (you can check the changelog to see which spells need to be updated when a patch is released). The other thing it could be is that it's not opening your "cfg" file when it should. Make sure you save it and save to cusomkeys.txt.

Kaldo
06-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks!

Idioteque
06-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Does this program change dota hotkeys also? If not i'm wondering if there is such a program and if it messes up your custom keys?

Does this program change dota hotkeys also? If not i'm wondering if there is such a program and if it messes up your custom keys?

Warkeys can also change your Dota Hotkeys, but there are some issues with using both TFT and Dota because of a few shared spellls. If you just want to change the hotkeys for Dota, DotaKeys is recommend (http://dotakeys.3.forumer.com/index.php).

Idioteque
06-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Warkeys can also change your Dota Hotkeys, but there are some issues with using both TFT and Dota because of a few shared spellls. If you just want to change the hotkeys for Dota, DotaKeys is recommend (http://dotakeys.3.forumer.com/index.php).

Thank you very much Points.

Kaldo
06-12-2006, 08:18 AM
I want to experiment with:
qwer
asdf
zxcv
Is there a way to do that, just to test, then reset them back to my old hotkeys, without doing it all over?

Grimkaim
06-12-2006, 08:25 AM
uhm.... just download warkeys and you will understand =)

Kaldo
06-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I have, I just want to change them for a few mins, then change back.

I want to experiment with:
qwer
asdf
zxcv
Is there a way to do that, just to test, then reset them back to my old hotkeys, without doing it all over?

Sure, just save your hotkeys to a "cfg" file then click on "align keys to grid" and "save keys to customkeys.txt". Then exit warkeys without saving your cfg file (or save it to a different cfg file).

Kaldo
06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
After that, how do I restore the old ones?