PDA

View Full Version : Need help! about deamon tools and alcohol 120%

eKlips
08-25-2004, 02:24 PM
ok i have a problem........
i used alchohol 120% to burn iso's of wc3 n tft on ma HD
i use deamon tools to mount the image on virtual drive 1
with only securom enabled...
it loads the splash screen for so long...then after like 5 min it says "plz insert CD-rom"
wtf?

anyone can help?

Dominium
08-25-2004, 07:03 PM
post this in member chat, More views, more help.

iCyeE
08-25-2004, 07:08 PM
I also had problems with that and I talked to the Blizzard tech support and a guy told me that warcraft has had issues with daemon tools. I use alchohol now for making the isos and mounting them and haven't had any problems. uninstall deamon tools and just use alchohol and everything should work great.

xarg666
08-25-2004, 08:19 PM
i gave up with that malarky a while ago, just leave the cd in the drive... but saying that, i have cunningly discovered a no-cd patch (replaces the main .exe) by nosing around the net, for version 1.16... the problem with these patches, is that everytime a new patch is released, you need a new patch, and probably need to reinstall the game, unless you back up the replaced files :(
I'd love to know why daemon tools or burning a copy doesnt work though :/

eljaco
08-25-2004, 09:03 PM
By running a modified exe you risk having your account reset/banned. CD emulation is the way to go I think.

I use daemon-tools and a blind-read image (you need to collect the structural info from the disc, see daemon-tools help->copy protections->securom for more info).

Only for back-up purposes, of course.

eKlips
08-25-2004, 09:52 PM
thnx guys....eljaco thnx 4 the insight but i alraedy unistalled DT ;(..but ur effort to help me was greatly appreiciated
im ganna stick with IcyEe...i'll dl alcohol agn n c if it wrks..........id perfer the whole makin iso n mounting....all in one packege! ;)

eKlips
08-26-2004, 12:47 AM
ok Yup alcohol 120 did it 4 me....
thnx guyz 4 the help!

Kleezs
08-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Since patch 1.15 or so, Blizzard has specifically inserted a small protection against Deamontools, since this is a way to circumvent copyprotection as well. Officially, you can't use it, but if you own an original copy and have registered it with Blizzard, I don't see what their problem should be. (Since alchol still works)