PDA

View Full Version : Scene News Hirings!

blaze
08-07-2005, 12:39 PM
In order to keep up with the growing demand for our Scene News section, WCReplays.com will now be looking to hire a few noble men and/or women to be new Scene News Writers. We'll be looking for people who know what they are talking about when it comes to the Warcraft III scene, and who have the ability to properly display this in a newspost type format.

If you are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to applications@wcreplays.com
Name
WCR Handle (forum name)
Contact Information (AIM, MSN, or IRC)
Any previous experience (if applicable)
Why should we pick you?
A sample newspost*

*This newspost will be on the subject of this scene news post (http://www.wcreplays.com/scene.php?get=166) (Zerter & Zubie Join mTw), and should be written in your own words. Quotes from players and/or managers should not be included in this.

Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 14 at 11:59 PM EST, giving you one week to send in your application.

The subject of the e-mail should be as follows: Scene News Application - Your WCR Handle, with Your WCR Handle obviously being replaced with your forum name. If the subject is not in this format, it will immediately be dismissed.

Good luck to all who wish to apply, and feel free to ask any questions here!

Careless.
08-07-2005, 02:34 PM
very nice. Will there be a certain required frequency of news articles? For example like once or twice a week, or will it be like writing an article whenever there is someting going on worth mentioning in the scene?

blaze
08-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Quotas are still being tweaked, as it is not fair to set a quota based around a scene that does not have regularly occuring news. However, at the moment, I'm thinking of having it set around a minimum of 2 scene newsposts every 3 weeks, which really isn't much at all.

iloveenrisel
08-07-2005, 04:21 PM
wish i had the time for this =X

Raihn
08-07-2005, 05:06 PM
I'd do it! If only I knew what the hell I was talking about, but I'm starting to understand more :D

Goolpsy-
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Well one thing is to write about scene news.. another is to be able to foloow it before others.. hence being the one writing it and sharing it with others.. I can be really hard being up to date with everything.. Are the persons getting any "help" as in: "Hey zerter and zubie just joined mTw, go write about it" or do they have to find it ALL on their own?

blaze
08-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Well one thing is to write about scene news.. another is to be able to foloow it before others.. hence being the one writing it and sharing it with others.. I can be really hard being up to date with everything.. Are the persons getting any "help" as in: "Hey zerter and zubie just joined mTw, go write about it" or do they have to find it ALL on their own?
Good question :)

Yes, 'help' will be provided, meaning that as soon as I find out of any happenings in the scene, I will inform them (if they are indeed available).

On a totally unrelated note, I strongly urge everyone to read the instructions as to how to send in an application. I am mostly referring to this portion of the post:

The subject of the e-mail should be as follows: Scene News Application - Your WCR Handle, with Your WCR Handle obviously being replaced with your forum name. If the subject is not in this format, it will immediately be dismissed.

DarkZide
08-07-2005, 06:19 PM
man, would like never have time for it =/

SwollenJizm
08-07-2005, 06:55 PM
j-rod is employing newscasters >.<

MonteCristo
08-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Applied! ^^

zepeel
08-07-2005, 07:54 PM
would love to applie if wouldnt go in school. I barely have time left for playing =(

Snode
08-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Mercs Mercs Mercs Mercs Mercs Mercs

murh
08-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Applied.

iloveenrisel
08-08-2005, 01:46 PM
heres an idea, how bout u guys hire a more diverse AC. 2-3 can cover the scene news

Orange
08-08-2005, 01:46 PM
will we have to do the longer article type coverages, such as the WC3L game days?
EDIT: like this one, if you don't understand http://www.wcreplays.com/articles.php?get=321

blaze
08-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Nope, that is Zerter's thing. Anything you see under Scene News right now is the stuff that a Scene News writer would do, whereas anything under Articles is for Article Staff :)

Phoenix.uK
08-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Applied :) Hope i get it.

MyThiK
08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Damn this would be such a great activity, I think I'm too young however which really is poo.

MyThiK
08-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Is there an age that is required or would be suggested in order for the applier to be considered more seriously?

blaze
08-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Not at all :)

Lee-volution
08-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Well I was only 14 when I applied for a staff position and got it. I was foolish and young then... :lol:

Anyway, I don't think this requires a huge amount of one's time. I mean a lot of people are saying they'd apply, but school is starting. I understand that completely, but I mean this is writing a short article with some quotes, at least 2 times every 3 weeks, and a possible 3-4 hours of researching in those weeks. Not too harsh a job in my opinion.

MyThiK
08-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Wow that's really great maybe I will apply then, thanks blaze. :)

Hornbog
08-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Applied :D, think you could do with an aussie on your team ;)... I agree lee, but i think the job should be taken seriously, and as much time should be allocated as possible so that the job is done properly. I am currently at school but i do not see this as an obstacle because i am pretty on top of school at the moment.

Sargera
08-12-2005, 11:50 PM
When can we expect a reply back? I sent mine on Monday I believe and it's been nearly a week and have not gotten any feedback.

tavern
08-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Applied, *crosses fingers*

blaze
08-13-2005, 12:06 PM
When can we expect a reply back? I sent mine on Monday I believe and it's been nearly a week and have not gotten any feedback.
I did say in the original post that applications were open until Sunday at 11:59PM EST...

Phoenix.uK
08-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Does everyone get an email back when the select few have been chosen, or just the select few?

Sargera
08-13-2005, 09:55 PM
I did say in the original post that applications were open until Sunday at 11:59PM EST...

Yes, but often times the weeding out process occurs while applications are still coming in, at least from my experience. You never told us when you would get back to us, perhaps implicitly implied it which I didn't pick up. ;)

IC.Shadow
08-14-2005, 04:36 AM
Does everyone get an email back when the select few have been chosen, or just the select few?
Chosen only. We've gone over this every other time there's been announcements of openings (you guys should include this in your first posts, blaze). Sending out thousands of rejection e-mails - even if all one, generic reply - doesn't make any sense and would take tons of time. And generic replies would not help you anyways. Clearly, if you don't get hired, you haven't gotten the job, so a generic e-mail isn't going to explain anything.

Phoenix.uK
08-14-2005, 10:43 AM
KK cheers :P

blaze
08-15-2005, 12:14 AM
So, the deadline has come, and I will be looking over all applications tomorrow after I get home from work. Thanks to all who applied, and for those who get accepted, I will be sending you a PM within the next few days!

Orange
08-15-2005, 10:20 PM
what happened to the thread about writing staff hireings?

IC.Shadow
08-15-2005, 10:22 PM
what happened to the thread about writing staff hireings?
Closed because it ended months ago.

GGL.GoKu
08-17-2005, 05:45 PM
blaze when will these guys b announced or do we find out who got hired on our own?

blaze
08-17-2005, 09:20 PM
blaze when will these guys b announced or do we find out who got hired on our own?
If you were chosen, then I sent out a PM, as I stated earlier. Congratulations to those who were hired, and I'm sorry to those who applied and did not get chosen :(

You will find out who got chosen when you see them post Scene News :)