PDA

View Full Version : Audio Department Openings - Commentator and Shoutcaster

IC.Shadow
10-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Following up on our recent writings openings, WCReplays.com is also looking for new additions to our Audio Department. We are seeking a few dedicated individuals for Audio Commentaries, Shoutcasting, or a combination of both.

Ideal candidates will have a clear speaking voice, be able to provide entertaining and engaging commentaries, and be open to feedback and suggestions. Shoutcasters will be required to cast multiple times per month, with the goal of obtaining as many listeners as possible. This often includes casting games for a few hours at a time, with the games ranging from high-calibre to ones that are just for fun. Connections with high-level or well-known players would be a definite asset. The candidates should also be willing to provide content for all races, but specializing in one race is fine.

If you feel you would make a good addition to our Audio Department, please send an application with the information and content listed below to applications@wcreplays.com. Applications must be received by Sunday, October 23rd, 2005.

Your application must include the following:

Your name, age, and location (hometown)
Your WCReplays.com username
Why you feel you are right for the position
How soon you are available to begin working

Most importantly, you must include a 1 minute sample audio on one of the following games (please specify which game you have chosen in your application):

1) we.sky (Human) vs Dayfly (Orc) (http://www.wcreplays.com/replays.php?get=7256&R=2)

2) mouz.GoStop. (Undead) vs WE.Check (Night Elf) (http://www.wcreplays.com/replays.php?get=7249&R=2)

3) BenQ.GeiL.Rain (Human) vs 4K-FuRy (Undead) (http://www.wcreplays.com/replays.php?get=7244&R=2)

4) wNv.xiaOt (Orc) vs WE.SoJu (Night Elf) (http://www.wcreplays.com/replays.php?get=7255&R=2)

The games listed provide a variety of racial matchups. Use the sample audio to showcase your strengths and to display why you should be chosen. Please save the audio file in .mp3 format and name it after your forum name. For example, if your username was Fire, you would name the file Fire.mp3. Please remember this is not a full-length commentary, just a one-minute sample of what you can do. Try to select a part of the game that is entertaining to watch, and provide us with a commentary that maintains the level of entertainment. After all, you will have thousands of listeners to please if you are chosen.

If we like what we hear in your sample audio, you will be contacted.

Please title your application e-mail as either 'Audio Commentator Application' or 'Shoutcaster Application', depending on which field you wish to be a part of. If you have no preference, either title is fine. Please also make sure to include your WCR username in the e-mail title.

These positions, like all others on the site, are strictly voluntary. There are no payments involved, but you will receive the same site benefits as the other staff members.

Please ensure you read over this post carefully. If you have any questions not addressed herein, please reply to this thread.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

King.Nightshade
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Do you want us to "cast" a replay?

Frvade
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
I'd start doing it again if I thought I could get away with it in my dorm

DrZaP84
10-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Frvade your the man. I used to listen to your audios. You should def. start again, your freaking hilarious man.

KoD-Dan
10-10-2005, 11:51 PM
omg rly?

can i join

Phreak
10-11-2005, 01:21 AM
omg rly?

can i join
NO WAI!!!!!

IC.Shadow
10-11-2005, 02:50 AM
Do you want us to "cast" a replay?
No, the application would be more along the lines of a commentary, just a brief portion of one. Subsequent requests might include short shoutcasts though if your initial audio is a good one.

Just use the 1 minute audio to showcase your talents, but yes, it would be in commentary form.

ffa.smerbeck
10-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Time to put my skills to use. We'll see what I can whip up.

:cool:

Aldr[a]ku
10-11-2005, 01:27 PM
i am in ^^ trying again and again

R1Fle
10-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I will definetely try !!

i-use-human
10-11-2005, 07:25 PM
NO WAI!!!!!
YA RLY!

Tainted Sun
10-12-2005, 03:14 AM
RAWR! I will dominate! I shall be a writter AND a ACer.

RAWR!! IN MANNOROTH'S I COMPAND THEE TO CHOOSE TAINTED!

\/\/ick3d
10-12-2005, 06:44 PM
GL all!

fromdownyonder
10-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Yea KoD-Dan better get fucking picked.

Orange
10-12-2005, 11:34 PM
OH! hot damn, if anyone needs a recording program, PM Cecil

PANT3RA
10-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Gl Hf Gg

Sephiroth_37
10-20-2005, 12:09 AM
what program do you want us to record the thing for our commentary????

MR-THING
10-23-2005, 05:57 PM
i have tried a few things but still i cant send to the link they have gave

IC.Shadow
10-23-2005, 06:42 PM
i have tried a few things but still i cant send to the link they have gave
E-mail's valid, so I'm not sure what the problem would be. Perhaps something in your outbound Outlook settings.

Anyways, please have all applications in by tonight.

PistolWhip
10-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Just sent my application in! I hope I wasn't too too late.